The Falkirk FC Thread

Oh yes they beat us three times last season, they will be absolutely shiting it playing us

Bit of a stupid comment. They look weaker than they were last season and we look stronger. They’ve not played or trained for two weeks and are going up against the team who are top of the league and unbeaten. I’m sure they won’t be “shiting it” but I doubt they’re team talk will be “we beat them 3 times last season, so we’ll be fine”

13 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Bit of a stupid comment. They look weaker than they were last season and we look stronger. They’ve not played or trained for two weeks and are going up against the team who are top of the league and unbeaten. I’m sure they won’t be “shiting it” but I doubt they’re team talk will be “we beat them 3 times last season, so we’ll be fine”

Crucially they don't have Ray Grant in the middle of the park dominating things. 

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely critical we have Clyde being able to play next week. If I’ve got my sums right the quarantine should be over, however I reserve my judgment on wether Clyde will want to face us with players effectively out of circulation for two weeks.

Whether they want to or not will have absolutely nothing to do with it. If they have enough players medically cleared to play, then it goes ahead. If not, presumably they have to provide medical evidence to this effect, and it will then go to Cockwomble and his bunch of clowns to decide what happens next. Given their track record, and ours when it comes to decisions from the authorities, a 3-0 walkover to Clyde wouldn't be much of a surprise. But it certainly won't be anything to do with Clyde fancying it or not. This mob spent the whole summer choking, absolutely desperate to ensure us and Partick were playing in the same league as them. So tough luck.

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Also, crucially we don’t have Ray McKinnon in the dugout ruining things.

M&M also got beat off Clyde last season so that unfortunately doesn't work. Hopefully the fiend isn't available for this game aswell. I gave Hall a lot of stick on here but since he's had Dixon in beside him he's been rock solid obviously helps him playing on his natural side as well. Throughtout the game yesterday you could see Dixon screaming at players about their standards which is exactly what we need in there.

Edited by FFC 1876

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Oh yes they beat us three times last season, they will be absolutely shiting it playing us

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We’ve already beaten them this season and I would say we are a stronger team now than when we played them in October.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have no doubt we are but to think Clyde are coming into this game fearing us, especially at their place is for the Birds.

I don’t really give a stuff whether Clyde fear us or not.

We should be giving them appropriate respect and then beating them.

This league is full of rotten football teams and Clyde are no exception.

Did Gomis go off at half time due to an injury or was it just a case of keeping him fresh?

Hopefully Telfer's fine from the knock he took and we should have Miller & Mutch back training at somepoint this week so nearly back to a fully fit squad.

Got to say watching the games on Falkirk TV instead of being at the game allows you to get a much better look at the opposition. Thought Steven Boyd looked lively upfront for them and then the young lad Lyle Cameron on loan from Dundee made a huge difference when he came on. Didn't really make much of Scott Brown do I'm glad we never signed him in the summer. Still think Forfar's the worst of the lot we've played so far.

Listened to the John Baird episode of WDH , as usual great stuff from the guys but as was said earlier by others John was refreshingly honest which made this one particularly great.

I'm glad he feels the same as me about the biggest scandal of our recent history - the scrapping of the academy. Craig Campbell and Margret Lang (and her made up figures) are two of the  biggest villains in modern times.  Good that the Rawlins want to bring it back but as Bairdy says it will take at least a decade to deliver again.  

Anyway, I was struck by what he said about that Houston team that ran Rangers & Hibs all the way - almost that it was unappreciated. Maybe having experienced a long period of ongoing great teams we were taking it for granted at the time. That's certainly not the case now for me,  got to look back at that team as the last of the brilliant ones for sure. Hopefully when we get back in the Championship we can build again & have those levels of player once more. 

One thing that struck me is that he said he has emigrated to Australia , I tell you there is no way they will understand him here speaking at that speed and that Weegie. I had to rewind him more than a few times to catch what he was saying.    

Peterhead, East Fife and Dumbarton and Forfar have all looked awful so far.

Cove and Montrose look competent sides at this level and will be sniffing around the playoffs. 

I suspect Clyde and Airdrie will be very similar outfits to our previous encounters. But the only teams that managed to beat us last season, so important we turn up for these games and actually attempt to mark Goodwillie.

Partick have looked like the only competent challengers for automatic promotion so far, but they can't seem to stick the ball in the back of the net (they've scored exactly half the number of goals we have so far). As others have said the game on boxing day will be massive  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, superandy_07 said:

What a man 🥰

Loved that game v Gretna at Motherwell. . We played great stuff that day and really put those puffed-up feckers right back in their box.  Seem to remember a Bairns fan running on the pitch and across the 6-yard box and sarcastically patting the Gretna goalie on the head after Russell's goal (top left pic)?  Is that right?

Went to see the wee man play at the World Cup in 2006 - kilts, T&T tops and rasta wigs, and a big Bairns flag behind the goals in Kaiserslautern when he made his 20-minute cameo against Paraguay.  Great day out, even though T&T lost...Just like being at a Scotand game, ironically. 

My two memories of Bryn Halliwell are him pulling off one of the best saves I've ever seen from Pedro Moutinho(?) at Broadwood, and then him celebrating like he'd won the World Cup after a 0-0 draw at TFS which pretty much all but ended Clyde's championship challenge back in 04/05.

EDIT: The save is here at 50 seconds: 

Can't quite work out if it's Pedro, the resolution isn't great.

Edited by Gaz