The Falkirk FC Thread

There's now an obvious improvement this season in comparison to McKinnon's team. We are creating proper chances now and actually look dangerous in attack. I've got much more faith and confidence.  

Missed so many clear cut chances there but the 3 points will do. Telfer ran the show first half , always looked to get on the ball and make something happen. Sammon held the ball in well, won headers and showed a turn of pace to get in behind Peterhead for his goal. 

I feel slightly sorry for Dowds as he clearly has ability he's just extremely low on confidence right now but he needs to put that behind him and start burrying his chances as otherwise he'll find himself benched.

Created plenty of chances today and it should really have been four or five but we seemed to always make the wrong decision on the final ball second half. 

29 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just about the perfect set of results across the bard today. Airdrie and Cove both beaten, Partick drawing, us winning.

Said at the start of the season that I couldn’t understand why so many of our fans thought Cove were going to be some sort of Super Team. They are far from that.

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Said at the start of the season that I couldn’t understand why so many of our fans thought Cove were going to be some sort of Super Team. They are far from that.

Absolutely no Falkirk supporter anointed them as a "Super Team", or anything even close to it. Given the momentum they had from last season, and their faultless home record (until today) they were generally considered to be contenders and one of the stronger teams in the league. Given that they are currently sitting in second place, that's hardly been disproved to date. They're having a poor run. Ours may yet be to come.

We need to start concentrating only on ourselves and forget what anyone else is doing. We've spent years and years pissing about at the start of every season, giving up huge advantages to bang-average teams and then spending months forlornly chasing runaway leaders. Maybe the boot is on the other foot at last. Get the hammer down, win the next three games and it'll be a long, long way back for Cove, Partick or whoever from there.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Absolutely no Falkirk supporter anointed them as a "Super Team", or anything even close to it. Given the momentum they had from last season, and their faultless home record (until today) they were generally considered to be contenders and one of the stronger teams in the league. Given that they are currently sitting in second place, that's hardly been disproved to date. They're having a poor run. Ours may yet be to come.

We need to start concentrating only on ourselves and forget what anyone else is doing. We've spent years and years pissing about at the start of every season, giving up huge advantages to bang-average teams and then spending months forlornly chasing runaway leaders. Maybe the boot is on the other foot at last. Get the hammer down, win the next three games and it'll be a long, long way back for Cove, Partick or whoever from there.

Exactly.

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Completely agree, and as SD has just posted next two games ( then Partick) will confirm if we’ve got the credentials to win this league. For me we’re looking more of a unit, albeit we’re still missing loads of good chances. Surprised at Telfers & Sammon form, they’ve looked like different players. Win the next three games and we may have a good gap, and by then ten games played.

That turn round comes not only from themselves and credit to them. But M&M man management skills.

Weird to think we are  4 games away to 1/2 way through the season.

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:
I’ve been out and busy all day, did keena give a prediction of when he’ll be available? 

He said he hoped a couple of weeks but Cracks said after the game that he won't be brought back too quickly

Cheers 👍 Really think he could be the final clicking piece in our puzzle. He’d score a bucket load

Before the season started I had unknown doubts about us playing well against Airdrie. Perhaps it is just far away memories but they historically have been a thorn in our side. Loved going to their old ground though with a massive walk back to the supporters buses. We have beaten Clyde already this season but last season it was them that kept us down. Hammer them both please to complete a 1/3 of the league unbeaten

Absolutely critical we have Clyde being able to play next week. If I’ve got my sums right the quarantine should be over, however I reserve my judgment on wether Clyde will want to face us with players effectively out of circulation for two weeks.

Oh yes they beat us three times last season, they will be absolutely shiting it playing us