The Falkirk FC Thread

First three . 
Despite Durnan slipping he got his angles wrong was way to near the post and lease a pass into the goal too simple
Second one he dropped the ball at the guys feet.
Third his positioning of the wall and himself  was very poor. 
He is a young guy and I’m sure he will go on to do well in the game but we have the best keeper outside the premier league and  although he was rightly punished for his cock up it’s time to get him back in .

So he’s better than Craig Gordon?

They put 8 past Hamilton and are averaging nearly 3 goals a game in the Premiership. We're a third division team, I think we did ok. When the first went in I really thought it could be a humiliating circus on a Morten level. 

I think to be fair. Rangers IMO took the foot off the pedal. When you consider the main changes they made combined by subbing players and bringing on kids. It’s hard to get a real measure how good or how well we really competed and to compare that game to any SPL fixture would be totally wrong.

I am sure M&M knew the score was never in any doubt and there would only be one outcome. The bigger picture for is is how we bounce back and ensure our confidence is where it should be. We are top of the league and I expect us to remain there. As many on here will remember when we were sitting top of the league and going to Celtic Park and being totally thumped 8-1 and we went on to win the league comfortably that season.
It is up to the management duo to lift the team spirit and keep it there and do what we NEED to do this season.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

People seem to forget that before he got sent off against forfar mutch had been shaky as hell in that game. I'm not sure his form this season up till then had been anywhere near the season before either. Morrison has done fine so far. I'd wait till he has a poor league game if he ever does before making a change. 

The thing is in Mutch's defence he is the last line of defence and a keeper is only as good as what is in front of him and the issue with that he has had Durnan, Hall and Mercer all have been criticised on here for their defensive capabilities or lack of, especially Durnan.  I would say the most pressing thing on the lads mind is which one of the above 3 names is going to arse it up and is he going to need to bail out.  Basically its not a case of when they arse it up, its who and to what extent that being on the lads mind as well as trying to do his job and read the game.  The forfar sending off was a soft one but the ruling is raising a hand to another player which he did even if it was a gentle tap on the back of the napper.

Remember Danny Rogers being slaughtered by Dumbarton supporters on here when he was on loan at them and I am sure Arbroath supporters said Mutch will never be a decent keeper and look how they both panned out.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

The thing is in Mutch's defence he is the last line of defence and a keeper is only as good as what is in front of him and the issue with that he has had Durnan, Hall and Mercer all have been criticised on here for their defensive capabilities or lack of, especially Durnan.  I would say the most pressing thing on the lads mind is which one of the above 3 names is going to arse it up and is he going to need to bail out.  Basically its not a case of when they arse it up, its who and to what extent that being on the lads mind as well as trying to do his job and read the game.  The forfar sending off was a soft one but the ruling is raising a hand to another player which he did even if it was a gentle tap on the back of the napper.

Remember Danny Rogers being slaughtered by Dumbarton supporters on here when he was on loan at them and I am sure Arbroath supporters said Mutch will never be a decent keeper and look how they both panned out.

He had the same players in front of him last season and yet looked rock solid.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Rodgers was loved by Dumbarton fans as far as I can remember, I'm sure he was their player of the year.

It was Mutch who was slaughtered by Dumbarton as well as Arbroath fans because he was on loan there too.

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm not sure you're remembering that correctly. Rogers was loved by pretty much every Sons fan. 

On 01/12/2020 at 13:08, Shadwell Dog said:

We always seem to end up with utter dross when we pick up loanees from the old firm.  Rudden apart I can't think of any others that have been any use. Other clubs seem to have had far better results. Dunfermline and Raith have had some decent players from them.

I imagine that Rudden has been during the ‘Wilson’ era at The Rangers....that some what quashes the f**k all assertion earlier? 

33 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I imagine that Rudden has been during the ‘Wilson’ era at The Rangers....that some what quashes the f**k all assertion earlier? 

No he was well before Wilson appeared. Would be interesting to know if Falkirk have ever approached him. Must be Falkirk fans around who still keep in touch with him that could find out surely.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Keena in the commentary box for FTV on Saturday so it doesn’t sound like he’s anywhere near getting back on the park

It would be good to know what exactly is the injury and the extent of it, is it a recurrence of the one he had? Id actually worry if Morrison picks up an injury because him apart he's the only one forward that's scoring somewhat regularly. Dowds you feel needs a few chances to get on the scoresheet and Francis looked like more of a creator before he lost his place to Sammon who just isn't a finisher. 

Keena in the commentary box for FTV on Saturday so it doesn’t sound like he’s anywhere near getting back on the park

I heard there was a chance he would be fit for the Clyde game

Some people on here must not actually watch us play, Mutch was at worst slightly shaky in that Forfar game. If you look at what Mutch does he's excellent, holds on to the ball rarely parry's or punches, his distribution is outstanding, probably the best I've seen from a falkirk keeper which in the modern game is vital. He makes big saves and almost always provides a safe pair of hands, not to mention the fact he is our player and possibly only asset left in the whole club. Yes what he done was stupid beyond belief but it's time we get him back in (once recovered). 

22 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Rodgers was loved by Dumbarton fans as far as I can remember, I'm sure he was their player of the year.

It was Mutch who was slaughtered by Dumbarton as well as Arbroath fans because he was on loan there too.

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure you're remembering that correctly. Rogers was loved by pretty much every Sons fan. 

Apologies must have been mistaken with the Danny Rogers one but definitely remember Mutch being slaughtered and comments along the lines of will never be a decent keeper, though after his first outing against Livi at Almondvale when Hartley took over I dare say a few of us were questioning him as well.