The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We always seem to end up with utter dross when we pick up loanees from the old firm.  Rudden apart I can't think of any others that have been any use. Other clubs seem to have had far better results. Dunfermline and Raith have had some decent players from them.

To reinforce your point, we were lucky to have Rudden during his 'breakthrough' year. He's looked like an absolute plodder ever since.

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Think we did pre season and didn’t get very far....

This depends on who you were asking for doesn't it.

Our young players are loaned on the basis of where they are in their development plan. The plan is put together by Craig Mulholland, not Ross Wilson.

To reinforce your point, we were lucky to have Rudden during his 'breakthrough' year. He's looked like an absolute plodder ever since.

You mean he is plodding up and down on the treadmill as he is injured until next season ?

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We always seem to end up with utter dross when we pick up loanees from the old firm.  Rudden apart I can't think of any others that have been any use. Other clubs seem to have had far better results. Dunfermline and Raith have had some decent players from them.

Darryl Duffy if you go way back. I think it's more about building a relationship where the parent club know if they send one of their decent youngsters out to us they are going to get game time and develop. Deveney won't be doing anything for that cause unfortunately. But if you look at Partick for example year on year they get loans from the old firm.

On 30/11/2020 at 11:32, FFC 1876 said:

Just goes back to us not utilising our loans effectively especially seen as we have 6 available this season but then again that's something a DOF should be sorting so hopefully times will change going forward. PJ Morrison looks like a great signing but Deveney looks to have been a wasted panic moment. 

PJ Morrison could not lace Mutchs boots. He was at fault for 3 of the gers goals

Edited by Stainrod

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Darryl Duffy if you go way back. I think it's more about building a relationship where the parent club know if they send one of their decent youngsters out to us they are going to get game time and develop. Deveney won't be doing anything for that cause unfortunately. But if you look at Partick for example year on year they get loans from the old firm.

Darryl Duffy wasn’t on loan. 

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jason Marr.

Was talking to him at work one night a year or two ago (did not recognize him) and after he found out i was a Falkirk fan. Talked about how Steven Pressley was a dick of a manager 

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

PJ Morrison could not lace Mutchs boots. He was at fault for 3 of the gers goals

First one he can't anticipate that Durnan's going to make a c*nt of it.

Second one i'll give you as he should have gathered it or palmed it away.

Third one was a brilliant freekick that he had no chance with.

Fourth one again is a brilliant cross to the far post and our left mid at the time should have been following Tavernier in.

I think Mutch is the better of the two but given Mutch has had a lot more first team football that should be the case.

Edited by FFC 1876

Cammy Bell chucks it at Queens Park, never played a competitive game, what a waste....

Great keeper, did absolutely nothing wrong when he played with Falkirk. When Falkirk signed him I was sceptical but game after game he was outstanding.

Was talking to him at work one night a year or two ago (did not recognize him) and after he found out i was a Falkirk fan. Talked about how Steven Pressley was a dick of a manager 

He was a dick of a player

Watched the game in full on Sunday, and now the highlights.
From the negative thoughts many had of taking a tanking, this could be the a pivotal point in our season, without doubt we were playing a very talented team with some exceptional players, but over the ninety minutes, we played really well. Sometimes it’s games like this than can make or break a team, for me I reckon this could be the spur for winning the league.

We are all entitled to our opinion I can’t see where we played really well. We were neat an tidy enough in midfield with Gomis, Alston and Telfer being decent but we didn’t lay a glove on Rangers. However defensively and upfront we were rotten.

I think back to 2012 where a team of kids supplemented by Farid, McGovern and Dodds beat a Rangers team who had just won an OF game and were full of internationals and talented players. That was a Falkirk team playing really well for me.