The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Not a chance for me. I know Miller is slow and hasn’t played well at centre mid this season, but he’s streets ahead of Mercer who, as other folk have said, looked worse than Doyle.

I’d play Miller too before Mercer but I’m assuming he has Covid and will still be out on Saturday. 

3/4 changes to fix one injury/illness. We had little or no chance of a result so I didn’t get the point of changing the system either.

Todd could easily have played RB and kept the defence the same. Durnan is a dreadful footballer.

Gomis, Alston, Telfer, Hall and Kelly were decent.

We didn’t crumble but we never laid a glove on them either.

57 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I want to buy a half season ticket for £99 so I don't have to pay to watch home games on a game by game basis.  It was advertised on Falkirk website a few weeks ago but I can't find it anymore.   It doesn't appear in the club shop site either.   Did anyone buy one?  Any ideas?

Phone the shop in the morning.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think they’d be available on loan given Gerrard is trying to integrate them into the 1st team squad ?

Remember the times we used to do that with our own young players.

What a gigantic error binning our youth system - but at least the right noises are starting to be made now to bring it back in some form.   

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think they’d be available on loan given Gerrard is trying to integrate them into the 1st team squad ?

Given the fact they are both just 18 and the majority of the other academy players are out on loan yes. He brought them on when they were 4-0 up in a cup game against a side 2 divisions below them. 

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

On what basis do you come to this conclusion?...

I believe the basis he's going for is Ross Wilson never sent any players up from Southampton to the second tier of scottish football so he won't send one from Rangers to us in the third tier of scottish football.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely no chance, our ex employee who claims to be a die hard fan who went south to run one of the best English academies, and now runs the sevco set up, will give us f... all period.

There`s also another two ex Falkirk employees who work in their Academy structure....Craig McPherson & Creag Robertson.

2 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

There`s also another two ex Falkirk employees who work in their Academy structure....Craig McPherson & Creag Robertson.

I thought McPherson was still at Dumbarton is he not?

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I thought McPherson was still at Dumbarton is he not?

He was but left last January for a coaching position at Rangers Academy.....it looks like he took up a position with Drumchapel Utd in April  but is also named in the Rangers Academy re-structuring in June 2020 so can`t be certain if he`s "juggling" the two or not.

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 01 10.41.gif

Edited by 60`s bairn

We always seem to end up with utter dross when we pick up loanees from the old firm.  Rudden apart I can't think of any others that have been any use. Other clubs seem to have had far better results. Dunfermline and Raith have had some decent players from them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Absolutely no chance, our ex employee who claims to be a die hard fan who went south to run one of the best English academies, and now runs the sevco set up, will give us f... all period.

Why would he if we don’t ask or want them?