The Falkirk FC Thread

Do give a damn about today's game, we might be very unlikely to win but that's no reason to just give up on the game especially as it's v them, pumping them and celtic are some of the best times ever to be a bairn so no matter how slim the chance get right f****** into them COYB

p.s I'm just finishing a night shift so the above post is not due to drink.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Do give a damn about today's game, we might be very unlikely to win but that's no reason to just give up on the game especially as it's v them, pumping them and celtic are some of the best times ever to be a bairn so no matter how slim the chance get right f****** into them COYB

p.s I'm just finishing a night shift so the above post is not due to drink.

Agree with you.

Looking forward to this game.

Well be making a big noise.

I think the games against Peterhead and especially Clyde and Airdrie will be a better measure of how far we've come.  

The result today will only really depend on how much Rangers can be arsed unfortunately.  With a bit of luck bringing in fringe players will knock their rhythm and we'll get out of it without too much damage to morale.  

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think the games against Peterhead and especially Clyde and Airdrie will be a better measure of how far we've come.  

The result today will only really depend on how much Rangers can be arsed unfortunately.  With a bit of luck bringing in fringe players will knock their rhythm and we'll get out of it without too much damage to morale.  

Yes, that’s the hope.

13 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Might have been mentioned before but couldnt believe when I seen Botti is now a stenny striker. What a fall from grace. The club should get a dossier of all these failed players after moving, and present this to any young player wanting to leave too soon! Sure Duffy said he felt he left too soon as well. Mind you money talks, and a couple of players have done well when they have left.

Yeah when you look at the futures of players that moved on its clear that the ones that played a lot of games for us in the main went on to have far more success than those who didn't.  Biabi and Blair have done hee haw whilst likes of arfield,kingsley, Wallace and even mcgrandles have done pretty well since they moved on. Ryan Flynn had to come back and then move on again to have some success. Indeed a lesson for any young player that sometimes it's better to wait especially when the step up is as big as these guys were taking.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah when you look at the futures of players that moved on its clear that the ones that played a lot of games for us in the main went on to have far more success than those who didn't.  Biabi and Blair have done hee haw whilst likes of arfield,kingsley, Wallace and even mcgrandles have done pretty well since they moved on. Ryan Flynn had to come back and then move on again to have some success. Indeed a lesson for any young player that sometimes it's better to wait especially when the step up is as big as these guys were taking.

That's a very insightful post.

For me, McGrandles was the best produced by the Academy, I felt he had it all. I think he would have had a very successful career if it wasn't for Joe fuckin McKee! Having said that I was told by a much respected youth football coach who coached both Conor and his brother that, whilst acknowledging that Conor was an excellent player, he was of the opinion that his brother was better.