The Falkirk FC Thread

I didn't see anything from Cove last week to suggest that they would be title challengers over the course of a season. 
Partick 1-0 up as well, thought interesting they've only named 4 subs today 

Seen a few similar comments over the week but I thought they were a threat and that it did a disservice to ourselves. I thought we played extremely well for the last hour of that game and pushed them onto the back foot...

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ken where youse are coming from but it is extremely poor taste to be guessing players or hoping that certain players have tested positive over others.

Some things are much more important than football and contacting a virus which could have any knock on effect with their families etc...

I don't think anyone is being serious here. It's just fitba banter and nowt more.

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Top after 6 games all without our most effective striker.

Peterhead (h), Clyde (a) and Airdrie (h) left to close out the first quarter.

Would have certainly taken that before the season started

All you can ask for is to have it in our own hands from an early point. Get in the drivers seat and stay there. None of the nonsense chasing we have done in recent times

Clyde and Airdrie have been our bogey teams so not taking anything for granted but that was the ideal result today.
Think the current top four will remain so this season....

Sadly as a nurse working in COVID19 wards I know just how bad this infection is. A bit of humour and the distraction of delving into the really meaningless world of football is a great tonic. Hope the boys are fine which fit footballers should and that they isolate to help their families

Ken where youse are coming from but it is extremely poor taste to be guessing players or hoping that certain players have tested positive over others.

Some things are much more important than football and contacting a virus which could have any knock on effect with their families etc...

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

To close out the first third of the season as there's only 27 games. Hopefully get through tomorrow injury free and not too much of a hiding. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I didn't see anything from Cove last week to suggest that they would be title challengers over the course of a season. 

Partick 1-0 up as well, though interesting they've only named 4 subs today 

I think what we did see was that Cove will blow some of the lesser teams away with their fast start. Will also be a tougher game up there

Some people do the most extraordinarily jobs, for me you guys are just a different breed, will never ever get fed up with saying thanks for your amazing work that you do.
Try wearing a damn mask for an 8 hour Shift! I am missing the football where you are allowed to shout at people without getting into bother. Roll on the dart practice of vaccinating the whole world!

I think a draw between Cove and Airdrie is a perfect result for our benefit. I wouldn't have wanted Airdrie to win today because I think they could be contenders as well, despite the shite football they play. 

Might have been mentioned before but couldnt believe when I seen Botti is now a stenny striker. What a fall from grace. The club should get a dossier of all these failed players after moving, and present this to any young player wanting to leave too soon! Sure Duffy said he felt he left too soon as well. Mind you money talks, and a couple of players have done well when they have left.

Might have been mentioned before but couldnt believe when I seen Botti is now a stenny striker. What a fall from grace. The club should get a dossier of all these failed players after moving, and present this to any young player wanting to leave too soon! Sure Duffy said he felt he left too soon as well. Mind you money talks, and a couple of players have done well when they have left.

He could hardly choose to turn down an English (Welsh) Premiership club when they came calling tbf,....

Enjoyed that interview with Bairdy, especially gasparotto being a fat b*****d and how he knew looking around the squad that season that we would be in trouble the following one. 

He seemed to mention Cracks a lot as well in a positive light. Hopefully that’s translating to his management too 

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Enjoyed that interview with Bairdy, especially gasparotto being a fat b*****d and how he knew looking around the squad that season that we would be in trouble the following one. 

He seemed to mention Cracks a lot as well in a positive light. Hopefully that’s translating to his management too 

I recall seeing Cracks during his playing days whilst on suspension or injured at hospitality. Got chatting to him in the lift. Whilst not a Falkirk stalwart by any means it driven home for me how serious he took the club even then and how much a dedicated pro he is / was. 

BSLM is clearly the connection to the fans but I genuinely think we are privileged to have Cracks too. I feel he’ll do well in management.