The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We need to play a youth team then.

Craig Campbell binned them all remember for Project Premiership or whatever it was called.

Fans give Hartley pelters , quite rightly to an extent as he is an odious & arrogant wee man,  but Campbell is the real architect of our downfall.  

48 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They're not in changing rooms because AFAIK the players turn up to the stadium in their training gear and never go indoors until matchday. Not sure about away games, but at TFS they're split into two dressing rooms and socially distanced in each. Which makes teamtalks a challenge. 

They obviously do come into close contact during training and matches but as the govt allows that I'm guessing the risk of infection in those is considered minimal. 

Just as well we've got two managers then! 😝

1 hour ago, sydney said:

Good point but I guess it’ll be one league game rather than the two it would have been if this weekend was a league game. Still crap though. 
We’ve now had Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk, Clyde, Forfar and Albion Rovers with outbreaks. There will be others. 

If this weekend was a league game there would've been no testing and the players would have been available if they didn't show any symptoms. It's only because of the league cup game that this has raised its head.

14 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Craig Campbell binned them all remember for Project Premiership or whatever it was called.

Fans give Hartley pelters , quite rightly to an extent as he is an odious & arrogant wee man,  but Campbell is the real architect of our downfall.  

I’ll play - anyone else want to make up an X1 ?

3 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Why are the club not naming the players? It's going to become obvious come match day.

Plus I think folk need to know just in case they have come into contact with them

I would presume the players themselves will get in touch with anyone they have mixed with. Most clubs don't name the players at the stary so as not to break patient confidentiality but they usually name them a bit later on once they get clearance to do so.

28 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Nope, signing Dad's Army was the start of the slide. It ALL stems from that.

41 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Thanks for the reply @Bainsfordbairn, I thought the seriousness of covid protocol was maybe a slight myth in the lower leagues,  but separate changing rooms seems to suggest not. 

I believe we've always taken it extremely seriously. 

For example, I heard that none of our directors have travelled to an away game since the season began. I certainly haven't seen any, even though the SPFL rules for professional sport allow it. I also heard that the Rangers board will be travelling from their tier four area to attend TFS on Sunday.  Of course, that may turn out to be a completely unsubstantiated and inaccurate rumour when matchday arrives.. We shall see..

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For example, I heard that none of our directors have travelled to an away game since the season began. I certainly haven't seen any, even though the SPFL rules for professional sport allow it. I also heard that the Rangers board will be travelling from their tier four area to attend TFS on Sunday.  Of course, that may turn out to be a completely unsubstantiated and inaccurate rumour when matchday arrives.. We shall see..

Do they not know it's on premier sports?

35 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Why are the club not naming the players? It's going to become obvious come match day.

Plus I think folk need to know just in case they have come into contact with them

Sounds silly but it would give the opposition a heads up, The EPL started naming players then didn't.

Clyde haven't named their 4 players and plenty clubs don't.

I personally don't trust the testing, we had St Mirren with a dozen positive results ended up being 3 or 4. You only hear of positive tests being wrong, how many were negative but actually positive ?

Saha Liverpool 2nd positive test, arrives back in Liverpool and had negative test.

Edited by MrDust

a lot of our trouble was caused by Setanta going tits up and the rebadged version are showing the game on Sunday. Why are this mob are allowed to get rights for games unless they pay back every penny they owe?

Regarding Covid - These tests aren’t reliable if we tested 30 people - squad, coaches, medical staff etc.. it’s probable with the false positives there is feck all wrong with them. 

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Can't see the point of venturing from the office of BDO myself?🤷‍♂️

Seen a lot of people slating this decision that’s caused us to have 2 players out but ultimately, surely it’s in the best interests of public health? As has been said before on here, the players that arent being tested could potentially be asymptomatic spreaders and I would wager that on any given week we would have at least 1 or 2 test positive. 

29 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:

Seen a lot of people slating this decision that’s caused us to have 2 players out but ultimately, surely it’s in the best interests of public health? As has been said before on here, the players that arent being tested could potentially be asymptomatic spreaders and I would wager that on any given week we would have at least 1 or 2 test positive. 

I don't quite get this. Do you have symptoms or not? One thing I will say. This game against the unwashed is more trouble than it's worth, in the current circumstances. Our one objective is clear and games like this get it the way. Peterhead way more important than this....