The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He didn't get them into the top league that was Hopkin. Something strange there though. They aren't in that bad a position really and who is going to want a manager that will pack in his job as soon as things go a bit awry. As is normal with livie there will be more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.

The truth is he would have had a gun to his head , when he chose to resign. The “real “ manager at livi remains in place but he can’t officially be given the role because of his criminal record. Next patsy will have to accept that position 

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different note I see our ex coach has thrown the towel in at Livi. All things considered he built a team and got them into the top league, albeit a club steeped in dodgy, corrupt dealings, and probably should have been shut down for good considering the amount of people they robbed and made redundant. 

Hope they don't go for Miller or McCracken, at least, not until next week when they're officially pish again!

Just posted by a jags fan, what a bloody shambles;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790
Correct me if I’m wrong but, the whole reason for stopping the leagues early last year was to issue the money gained from broadcasting rights. The final payment to all SPFL member clubs hasn’t been released yet. If I am correct, this just shows that Doncaster and his cronies couldn’t care less.. what a shambles of an organisation. 

Amazed that none of the clubs have made any issue of this tbh....

On 25/11/2020 at 17:04, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know we asked for the recording, if for no other reason than to give the management the opportunity to do video analysis. 

I'm sure one of the FFCTV guys said on social media they hope to put to put together a highlights package.  

And so they did!

Alston's back with his usual banger, Connolly's goal is a 🍑  also 

Edited by superandy_07

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Completely agree and just makes you wonder just how rotten our game is. So I take it all these lower clubs that voted to end the leagues to get their money paid up was simply a fabrication or have these clubs suddenly found funds from elsewhere? My arse, this whole episode stinks, not one club has went public pleading for the cash ? 

You've totally gone off the deep end for a nothing story mate.

If you even read it this sort of thing happens pretty much half the time and nobody bats an eyelid. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

It's a total non-story, this has happened in other non-pandemic years.

But surely that's the crux of it. We were all told that we had to call the season at that point in time as clubs would go bust if they didn't get their spfl money straight away. We're now being told that about 7 months later they still don't have it and yet none of them have gone bust either funnily enough.🤔

Edited by Shadwell Dog

But surely that's the crux of it. We were all told that we had to call the season at that point in time as clubs would go bust if they didn't get their spfl money straight away. We're now being told that about 7 months later they still don't have it and yet none of them have gone bust either funnily enough.[emoji848]

For me it’s an example of a situation being manipulated for the benefit of the SPFL rather than an objective vote.
We were told that it was necessary to vote for the leagues ending for clubs to get necessary cash to survive in COVID times. That’s hasn’t happened so it’s certainly not a non story.
It’s a manipulated lie that has ensured we stayed down this season....

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But surely that's the crux of it. We were all told that we had to call the season at that point in time as clubs would go bust if they didn't get their spfl money straight away. We're now being told that about 7 months later they still don't have it and yet none of them have gone bust either funnily enough.🤔

That was SPFL prize money. It was paid to clubs in April.

This is shared TV money that has always been distributed in October of the following season, or later.

15 minutes ago, David W said:

That was SPFL prize money. It was paid to clubs in April.

This is shared TV money that has always been distributed in October of the following season, or later.

So that cash has been lying in the spfl coffers for months whilst clubs were complaining about being skint and being desperate for cash. You couldn't make it up.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Doncaster is up there with Boris Johnson as the persons most likely to make me put my boot through the TV when his piggy eyed face appears on it, I hate the c**t and just don't trust him.

Not trust issue for me, I just think he is incapable of doing anything good for the Scottish game.

To think we could've had Barry Hearn....now I don't trust him but he is more than capable on reviving a sport product

He didn't get them into the top league that was Hopkin. Something strange there though. They aren't in that bad a position really and who is going to want a manager that will pack in his job as soon as things go a bit awry. As is normal with livie there will be more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.

It’s quite possible that Holt, like Hopkin, was seeing stuff in his peripheral vision that he didn’t like. Kenny Miller and Anthony Stokes didn’t hang about too long either.....but vague reasons are always there for those that get the fear.

Of course, Martindale, the guy “installed” as assistant manager by someone whose identity has never been revealed, will remain in post for the umpteenth time because he deals with the stuff that no one else can.

It’s amazing that after all the years of corrupt practices and underhand dealings, the Livingston support still think everything is fine and dandy.

It’s quite possible that Holt, like Hopkin, was seeing stuff in his peripheral vision that he didn’t like. Kenny Miller and Anthony Stokes didn’t hang about too long either.....but vague reasons are always there for those that get the fear.

Of course, Martindale, the guy “installed” as assistant manager by someone whose identity has never been revealed, will remain in post for the umpteenth time because he deals with the stuff that no one else can.

It’s amazing that after all the years of corrupt practices and underhand dealings, the Livingston support still think everything is fine and dandy.

I’m no fan of Livingston but do you have indication of what this underhand stuff is that they are apparently up to, or ANY proof for what you state on a regular basis?...