The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Blair's goal from last night, will we get highlights of the game? I know Falkirk TV weren't there last night and Sons TV hasn't been that active on YouTube it seems

Great goal , all the more impressive when you consider Dumbarton forgot to switch the floodlights on. 

Blair Alston - he'll score in the dark.

11 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We sadly lost two stalwart supporters this week, who went home and away. One of the Elliots crowd and the paramedic guy. Puts things in perspective. RIP guys. 

Make that three,my father in law passed away on friday,he loved going to TFS as part of 4 generations of the family.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different note I see our ex coach has thrown the towel in at Livi. All things considered he built a team and got them into the top league, albeit a club steeped in dodgy, corrupt dealings, and probably should have been shut down for good considering the amount of people they robbed and made redundant. 

He didn't get them into the top league that was Hopkin. Something strange there though. They aren't in that bad a position really and who is going to want a manager that will pack in his job as soon as things go a bit awry. As is normal with livie there will be more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He didn't get them into the top league that was Hopkin. Something strange there though. They aren't in that bad a position really and who is going to want a manager that will pack in his job as soon as things go a bit awry. As is normal with livie there will be more to this than meets the eye I'm sure.

From a good  source, the real boss is the chap behind the scenes - Martindale?

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

From a good  source, the real boss is the chap behind the scenes - Martindale?

Aye the exe drug dealer has been running that place for years. To me though Holt would've been better waiting till he got fired as they aren't in that bad a position. Him resigning looks like he's throwing in the towel.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye the exe drug dealer has been running that place for years. To me though Holt would've been better waiting till he got fired as they aren't in that bad a position. Him resigning looks like he's throwing in the towel.

Must have negotiated a severance package.

Otherwise, why resign?

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe they are planning to bring David Hopkin back?…

I'd guess he left for same reasons as Miller and Holt.

It will be another rookie appointment, the thumb on their forehead or hand up their arse works better that way