The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I agree that Airdrie and Thistle should make up the top 4, but I do think it’s between ourselves, Cove and Thistle for the title. Therefore, if the latter two drop any points on Saturday it’s going to put us in a good position ahead of a home game against Peterhead...

I think I'd prefer Airdrie and Cove to play out a boring, uninspiring, goalless draw rather than an Airdrie win as I don't want them building up a head of steam before we meet them.

I think I'd prefer Airdrie and Cove to play out a boring, uninspiring, goalless draw rather than an Airdrie win as I don't want them building up a head of steam before we meet them.

A point apiece would be nice, means one less point going to our rivals.
Interesting to see a few on here write Cove off.
I still think they have a great front line and are a definite threat. Bookies do too, they are favourites to win away to Airdrie on Saturday...

39 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

For me over the five games he’s simply not done enough, and I don’t think we can afford the luxury. This ain’t a league for “ confidence” players and I’d have a fit Connolly starting every game.

100% agree. Leitch I think is a decent enough player and will win us points over the season coming off the bench but isn't good enough to start at the moment, imo. If Connolly isn't fit yet, I'd be tempted to start Telfer instead of him who I thought has looked promising this season.  

It's a worry our strikers aren't scoring much; any word back on Keena yet? Desperately need him fit ASAP. 

2nd half against Cove and the 90minutes last night have both been excellent giving me a little bit of hope M&M are on the right track coming into a massive month ahead. If you removed Mutch's moment of madness against Forfar we'd be sitting comfortably top of the league. As someone mentioned previously, the January window will be huge. the 1/2 players we bring in need to improve the squad rather than jersey fillers like De Vita. 

Edited by wee_bairn

44 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We sadly lost two stalwart supporters this week, who went home and away. One of the Elliots crowd and the paramedic guy. Puts things in perspective. RIP guys. 

Yeah I heard about Ian from the Elliotts crowd never heard about the other guy. Sad times

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Play our strongest 11 against Sevco. If we are 3-0 down we can pull off Morrison, Alston etc after an hour. But I would fucking love it if we beat them 

Im a big fan of alston.and Morrison but that's a bit much for me. Anyway whatever floats your boat pal.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

100% agree. Leitch I think is a decent enough player and will win us points over the season coming off the bench but isn't good enough to start at the moment, imo. If Connolly isn't fit yet, I'd be tempted to start Telfer instead of him who I thought has looked promising this season.  

It's a worry our strikers aren't scoring much; any word back on Keena yet? Desperately need him fit ASAP. 

2nd half against Cove and the 90minutes last night have both been excellent giving me a little bit of hope M&M are on the right track coming into a massive month ahead. If you removed Mutch's moment of madness against Forfar we'd be sitting comfortably top of the league. As someone mentioned previously, the January window will be huge. the 1/2 players we bring in need to improve the squad rather than jersey fillers like De Vita. 

I don't think we'll see much movement in the January transfer window. We've got a squad of 24 just now and I doubt M&M will want to run the risk of upsetting the squad balance. If we were to make signings I'd want a left winger so if Connolly's injured or isn't playing well we don't have to shoehorn someone out there and a right back as Mercer is very much average.

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There you go. A goal to kill the game. Miles better than Leitch

😂 Look, you could well be right and Connolly will be great this season (I hope so) but based on last season I'm not buying that he's likely to massively improve our team.  He's a lower/mid level championship player at best.  A goal last night doesn't change that (Leitch too has scored this season) - only a run of games will settle it.  

Also, he didn't even replace Leitch last night (he replaced Morrison) so could well be the case that M&M see Telfer as first in line to come in for Leitch. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Confidence wise the Rangers game has come at the wrong time just as we start to build up a bit of momentum.  Hopefully whatever happens on Sunday M&M can get the heads back onto going on a run now in the league. 

I actually think the mandatory testing we need to do for Sunday could be a bigger risk than the fall out from a heavy defeat.  Any positive test could mean a few self isolating for Peterhead & Clyde.  Fingers crossed we're clear.  

Confidence wise the Rangers game has come at the wrong time just as we start to build up a bit of momentum.  Hopefully whatever happens on Sunday M&M can get the heads back onto going on a run now in the league. 
I actually think the mandatory testing we need to do for Sunday could be a bigger risk than the fall out from a heavy defeat.  Any positive test could mean a few self isolating for Peterhead & Clyde.  Fingers crossed we're clear.  
The covid thing just occurred to me lastnight. Far more worried about losing players for league business than any dumping dished out by the form team in Scotland from 2 leagues and a financial galaxy above us.

Pretty sure we’ll have covid test results by Friday. Any player needing to isolate would do so for 14 days meaning they’d be back for Clyde (albeit on limited/no team training).

Luckily we have peterhead at home next Saturday, which SHOULD be one of the easiest fixtures on the calendar. Even with a few out id trust us to win that game 

19 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m sure M&M will be hammering home that Sundays game is simply a break from the league and to enjoy the game and that regardless of result the players give one hundred percent and we’re back to the real games next Saturday.
For me and as posted the testing is starting to worry me given the amount of top league players who have been isolating. However as a sad reminder of this horrible bloody thing and as posted, we’ve lost another two supporters, deepest condolences to respective family and friends. Kinda puts things into perspective.

Sorry to hear about the deceased fans.

Who are they and did they die of Covid?

22 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Blair's goal from last night, will we get highlights of the game? I know Falkirk TV weren't there last night and Sons TV hasn't been that active on YouTube it seems

I know we asked for the recording, if for no other reason than to give the management the opportunity to do video analysis. 

I'm sure one of the FFCTV guys said on social media they hope to put to put together a highlights package.  

47 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Blair's goal from last night, will we get highlights of the game? I know Falkirk TV weren't there last night and Sons TV hasn't been that active on YouTube it seems

SonsTV is no longer a thing sadly. The guy who did it packed it in and it was his camera equipment so we've not had highlights for a couple of years now.