The Falkirk FC Thread

Dumbarton getting to the majority of 50/50 balls and headers.  Still it's the points that matter so good so far.  Cracker by Alston !!! The commentator said "I think it's too far out for a shot"  :)  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

I guess we'll see.  Hard to agree Connolly was better than Mutch or Gary Miller last season but all about opinions.  

There you go. A goal to kill the game. Miles better than Leitch

Game over when 2nd went it,good professional performance  especially on back of win v Cove. Were on top on merit. Sammon decent again, better from Alston great goal  Millers best game, Kelly a natural left back. Leitch has had his chance and has now lost it to Connolly on 20 minutes.  All good though.

40 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Critical about our starting attitude and if anyone knows why we sit/shit back please let me know, once the first goal went in looked so much more comfortable. The second period was a training stint, maybe being a little harsh on DFC but thought we played some really good stuff. Sammon played his best game since joining, and Alston scores a worldly. The set up looks far more solid, and even the subs looked decent. As many have posted games like this on a shite night win leagues..........

I thought Sammon was pretty ineffectual throughout, nothing stuck with him. As usual, he put himself about but he always seems to be a half yard away from getting on the ball.

Defence looked pretty solid, although they weren't tested much, Alston had his best game since returning and Robbie Leitch isn't a bad player but I think he's a bit of a fearty

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Fair comment and apart from your comments on Sammon can’t argue. I actually thought Sammon done more work off the ball than in any previous games and I,ll always back a trier. Some really good play from our midfield and front two, but lacking the killer touch at present and I’ve no doubt we will give someone a sore one soon,  just wish the Sevco game wasn’t in our diary as confidence with tonight’s result will be sky high.

Play all our fringe players against Sevco .it’s more important to give all these guys competitive football than try and keep the score down against Sevco . Treat them with the disrespect they have treated us for years.

4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Play all our fringe players against Sevco .it’s more important to give all these guys competitive football than try and keep the score down against Sevco . Treat them with the disrespect they have treated us for years.

Agreed, I’d play 

Cantley  

Mercer Durnan Devaney
        Sneddon Telfer Todd Laverty Leitch                                      
                        Francis Sammon

Should see us through comfortably 👍

Agreed, I’d play 
                                Cantley  
               Mercer Durnan Devaney
        Sneddon Telfer Todd Laverty Leitch                                      
                        Francis Sammon
Should see us through comfortably [emoji106]

Aye, that untried back line.....
Falkirk 0 Rangers 9.

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Aye, that untried back line.....
Falkirk 0 Rangers 9.

Joking apart -I’d be keen to see you g Laverty given some time on Sunday . I saw enough in his 5 min cameo appearance to suggest he might just give us something different.

Joking apart -I’d be keen to see you g Laverty given some time on Sunday . I saw enough in his 5 min cameo appearance to suggest he might just give us something different.

I’m not against resting players but games like Sunday are the games that our best players want to be involved in. It’s also a good opportunity to test themselves against the best players and maybe even sharpen up a bit further.
I’d like to think we will put out a strong side and at least have a go. If we are two or three down by all means let’s try bringing on a few of the fringe players....

Thats the scary bit. With the team playing the way they are we expect to win games. With Falkirk we know that never ends well. I will enjoy this wee spell all the same. For the first time in years we appear to have a bit of confidence and teamwork on show. What could go wrong.

Obvious framing of "how far we have fallen" bla bla aside, but that's a very tidy weeks work on league business. No goals conceded and installed ourselves at the top leaving Cove to see if they can match the result.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Obvious framing of "how far we have fallen" bla bla aside, but that's a very tidy weeks work on league business. No goals conceded and installed ourselves at the top leaving Cove to see if they can match the result.

Really don’t see Cove being in the mix as the season goes on.

Airdrie and Thistle are our principal rivals.

Really don’t see Cove being in the mix as the season goes on.
Airdrie and Thistle are our principal rivals.

I agree that Airdrie and Thistle should make up the top 4, but I do think it’s between ourselves, Cove and Thistle for the title. Therefore, if the latter two drop any points on Saturday it’s going to put us in a good position ahead of a home game against Peterhead...