The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Knee injuries are normally complicated so it's not really a surprise that Keena's not ready to go again. In the video the club shared of him back training he didn't appear to be moving that freely so it could be a case of him coming back too soon. Is there a reason we don't put the match highlights up until 12am on the Sunday morning? Hopefully beat Dumbarton on Tuesday and put a bit of pressure on the others next weekend to get a result especially seen as it's Cove vs Airdrie on Saturday.

Spfl regulations.

The keeper is quite doing well, not much to do over the last couple of games but every time he’s been asked to do something he’s done it.

I’ll bet Mutch never saw this coming, shove a Forfar player in the back of the head, next thing he’s on the bench for a few weeks, can’t drop PJ now.

Just now, ka202 said:

The keeper is quite doing well, not much to do over the last couple of games but every time he’s been asked to do something he’s done it.

I’ll bet Mutch never saw this coming, shove a Forfar player in the back of the head, next thing he’s on the bench for a few weeks, can’t drop PJ now.

In fairness you cant drop the lad when he has done nothing wrong to merit being dropped, the hand to the back of the head albeit was soft  but he has still raised his hands to another player which is a sending off offence.

He just needs to bide his time until PJ has a dip in form or merits being dropped.

12 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Can’t and shouldn’t be dropped for a few games.

Mutch has only himself to blame for getting caught.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we hadn't dropped two silly points at home to forfar then it would be a pretty good start to the season.  It's still decent though and 3 points during the week will see us in an excellent position.

See Mutch for that and why he is now no2

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t know why we are constipated at the start of games. Is it nerves or anxiety? It certainly doesn’t look as if we are confident going into games.

Second half was a massive improvement, but we are so reliant on CM supplying the spark.....if it’s not him, then I don’t know who else is going to get us going. I would have thought Blair Alston, but so far, he is a shadow of his former self, and that’s a bit of a worry.

Still, we have just beaten the team who had won more, scored more and conceded less than us. A “big game” when we didn’t disappoint.

The only issues are our inability to start well, and take chances. This should have been 3-0 or 4-0.

Bar today, I've been more concerned in how we have started 2nd halves.

Dunfermline,Montrose, Forfar, Partick we have switched off for the 2nd half

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Well let's face it the tramp is a c**t of a man.

One of the two sweary words I used to describe him that got me a 7 day FB ban

Ps the sweary words wasn't the problem

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

PJ has really had fuk all to do for any of us to really judge how good he is bar a penalty save and that is more down to luck.

Mutch will find it hard to get back in, a keeper tends to be allowed more leeway over a period than an outfield player.

There is still a part of me that thinks it's better to have our prospect No1 but it sets an example to the squad

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

See Mutch for that and why he is now no2

Bar today, I've been more concerned in how we have started 2nd halves.

Dunfermline,Montrose, Forfar, Partick we have switched off for the 2nd half

One of the two sweary words I used to describe him that got me a 7 day FB ban

Ps the sweary words wasn't the problem

PJ has really had fuk all to do for any of us to really judge how good he is bar a penalty save and that is more down to luck.

Mutch will find it hard to get back in, a keeper tends to be allowed more leeway over a period than an outfield player.

There is still a part of me that thinks it's better to have our prospect No1 but it sets an example to the squad

Plus if you bring in mutch for no real reason and he makes an arse of it you can look like a right mug and have probably pissed off the other keeper in to the bargain.

On this evidence if we can’t finish above Cove we should chuck it. They were no better than the rest of the shite that has rolled into Falkirk in the last 18 months. Partick are the only danger based on what I have seen

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

On this evidence if we can’t finish above Cove we should chuck it. They were no better than the rest of the shite that has rolled into Falkirk in the last 18 months. Partick are the only danger based on what I have seen

Agree although yet to see Airdrie. As I said before the match cove difficult to beat up there due to the conditions but shouldn't be a problem on our own patch.  A wee bit of tinkering with the squad balance in January wouldn't go amiss mind you. Stick the likes of sneddon out on loan and get someone else in who adds something different.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has Hartley done any interviews or anything from yesterday yet that anyone knows of?

Hoping to hear bitterness dripping through like the grease off his hairbrush

Not seen anything but I think he done the match report talk about bitter in defeat:

https://coverangersfc.com/match-report-falkirk-1-0-crfc/

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Agree although yet to see Airdrie. As I said before the match cove difficult to beat up there due to the conditions but shouldn't be a problem on our own patch.  A wee bit of tinkering with the squad balance in January wouldn't go amiss mind you. Stick the likes of sneddon out on loan and get someone else in who adds something different.

Players that don't get a game deserve the chance to move on. Laverty who I hope makes it due to his injury problems for example, if he does not break through this season then its best for all concerned if he moves on. Expect 3-4 moving in January with maybe 2-3 coming in.

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Not seen anything but I think he done the match report talk about bitter in defeat:

https://coverangersfc.com/match-report-falkirk-1-0-crfc/

Holly fuk...

Starts with we are the greatest to Falkirk won the second half and could've scored more.

Inches away from scoring equaliser, yes didn't hit the post and would've been 20+ or so inches away 

The taking no prisoners line....really wasn't a dirty game at all, a few professiona foulsl  by both teams and I think Gomis was unlucky with his booking.

***Any word from our biased haters of Falkirk TV opinions on the article please 😃

Apart from this bit,

‘We played the best football throughout, in contrast to the more direct approach favoured by Falkirk .......’

I don’t see much wrong with the report.

It’s clearly written from a Cove supporters perspective and I guess if they had taken one of the earlier chances or the one in the last minute they could have got a point.....

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Apart from this bit,

‘We played the best football throughout, in contrast to the more direct approach favoured by Falkirk .......’

I don’t see much wrong with the report.

It’s clearly written from a Cove supporters perspective and I guess if they had taken one of the earlier chances or the one in the last minute they could have got a point.....

Our keeper didn't have a single save of note. If they had got a point it would've been a real smash and grab job.

Suspect PJ will keep his place until after the Rangers game.  He may need to perform heroics to stay in goal past that match.  Lose 3 or 4 and M&M can slot Mutch back in. 

Harsh on PJ as nothing done wrong in the league games but Mutch is our player and could make us money in future - would be odd to keep him on the bench rather than let him develop further in the team.