The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

As Stainrod said, rugby is a game for men with funny shaped balls

Aka a country that calls the beautiful game soccer 😂

It's worse than that.

The Aussies call rugby league - Football 

And Aussie Rules - Footy. 

I hate the word "soccer", every time I mistakenly use it a little piece of me dies inside. 

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, and protect that precious TV deal, and f....... everyone outside the top league.

So tomorrow at 6PM when around 2 million Scots go into virtual lockdown, we will have thirty odd clubs out with the top league, with players from every district/region travelling to and from their respective football bases, and we just cross our fingers and hope not one is infected?

Did wonder why there’s not been one beep from any chairman on the costs of testing when it’s glaringly obvious we don’t test !!! 

So for club chairman, financially it’s fingers crossed and hope we don’t get anyone infected, and morally...............   

I can give you my view from the outside -  I don't know who is making these decisions but I can tell you it's madness. Every chairman & the media are taking a blind eye to it and are complicit because of a few thousand bucks. I'd understand if your country was not currently ravaged by the virus.....but it is.

As long as the pubs are not selling booze though , that's the answer. 

44 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I can give you my view from the outside -  I don't know who is making these decisions but I can tell you it's madness. Every chairman & the media are taking a blind eye to it and are complicit because of a few thousand bucks. I'd understand if your country was not currently ravaged by the virus.....but it is.

As long as the pubs are not selling booze though , that's the answer. 

No fan of many of the rules but the government are damned if they do, damned if they don't here.  With the tier system there's clearly an attempt to balance curbing the spread and keeping as much 'normality' alive as possible.  For the time being, that means closing shops and hospitality but keeping professional football and schools.  

I'd rather this approach than straight into a blanket ban on sports and full lockdown again.  There are clearly risks but I think there's an appreciation that football in Scotland is important to so many.  

32 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No fan of many of the rules but the government are damned if they do, damned if they don't here.  With the tier system there's clearly an attempt to balance curbing the spread and keeping as much 'normality' alive as possible.  For the time being, that means closing shops and hospitality but keeping professional football and schools.  

I'd rather this approach than straight into a blanket ban on sports and full lockdown again.  There are clearly risks but I think there's an appreciation that football in Scotland is important to so many.  

Fully agreed.

Im no fan of sturgeon at all, however I think her most recent actions have been fairly sensible in covid terms. Earlier tiered lockdowns mean we’ve been able to keep things like golf open whilst England has them shut for a month (bonkers). Most shops have been able to stay open (different now for Glasgow and the west but their covid numbers aren’t great) as well.

If gov had demanded testing for lower leagues there would probably be more unrest than if they hadn’t 

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Our new third choice keeper looks very petite shall we say. https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/11/19/jay-cantley-signs/

I've never seen "centre half" spelt like that before, but we're in uncharted waters these days so lets see how he looks in the one position we clearly need to be signing someone for.

55 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why are we signing another keeper? Morrison being recalled or are we just putting on a blindfold and throwing a dart at a list of positions again?

my guess is its a youth player on peanuts that might become a decent keeper, end of the season gives us a chance to see what hes about

Free hit really signing the young keeper, I think clubs will be already keeping an eye on Mutch, at some point he's going to want to prove himself at a higher level. If we don't go up this season I think he'll be away, if we do go up there's a slim chance he will hang about for a season.  That said your relying on an injury/redcard or absolute Fasan type performance from Morrison to let him back in. Morrison hasn't done a lot wrong so far tbf. Whoever is in goal v Sevco will get plenty practice. 

Why are we signing another keeper? Morrison being recalled or are we just putting on a blindfold and throwing a dart at a list of positions again?

We should be looking at young local players like Dylan Patterson and at least getting them in to have a closer look. Plays number 10 or up top. Lots of senior clubs looking at him. Was out with Queens Park or is about to. Scum also interested

s-l1600.jpg

8 - 334 Appearances, 2 goals

Getting into the real legends now. This super servant of the club made his debut in 1979 and was with us until 1991. Pretty much an ever present for most of that time. Played mostly at RB, but also slotted into midfield on occasion.

Was part time; an accountant I think? His testimonial attracted Dalglish and Souness to turn out.

Andy Nicol.

Not a true Falkirk fan though if you love watching Sevco in Europe. Epic fail.

Absolute shite...

I love watching the EPL does that make me a less of a Falkirk fan?

Incidents like watching all Scottish teams in Europe and hope they all do well?

Me bad FFS🤏

3840346.jpg?display=1%26htype=0%26type=responsive-gallery&key=12eb810606e66e1ef5cc8b208ddc29b5b433a2d6058440ff0016c47164824411
7 - 352 Appearances, 1983 - 2002.
4 spells. 60 goals. The hero to so many of us for so long. I will leave the words to the rest of you apart from this: F U SFA.
Kevin McAllister.
Crunchie. Ibrox. 1998.

Three words that would leave Gary Naysmith crying in the fetal position.

Ironically, I cried that day as I watched him walk off the park empty handed having put in the finest individual performance I have ever seen in the flesh. What a fucking legend. Even among legends he stands alone.

Actually, it's a bit of a privilege to be able to remember Crunchie playing at Brockville. Two of the best things about our club. Plenty older boys on here might take that for granted but theres younger boys on here too who might just not remember that. A bit like me with Stainrod. I was there, but I cant remember much detail.

I can still see Crunchie facing up many a left back and leaving them completely for dead though.

I wish I'd known that when I was watching JJs 90s Falkirk teams that I was truly watching a golden age for our club.

On the 1 hand I was lucky to see all those players and I was in Perth when IT happened. On the other hand I was only young so just took all that talent for granted 🤬

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Absolute shite...

Me bad FFS🤏

Personally I hope they all get pumped, EVERY.....SINGLE....TIME.

In that respect, I've got every other team in the world. It's fcukin brilliant!

9 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Absolute shite...

Me bad FFS🤏

No the epl team doesn't, loads of folk have soft spots for teams in England and other countries, I can even see how supporting or wanting Scottish teams to do well in Europe is ok. However with the massive money rangers/celtic get from Europe plus the advantages built into exploiting (or at least turning a blind eye) to sectarianism for the best part of 100 years then I couldn't want either of them to ever win any game in Europe or anywhere else. We have turned a virtual duopoly, where a hearts or Aberdeen occasionally had a chance of a league win into an actual duopoly. A restructuring of all prize money is needed or greed will kill competition all over Europe, which I suppose was the whole point of the champions league