The Falkirk FC Thread

Yip a little bit of whatever Lyndon dykes has been eating and keena and Morrison could be pushing for to be included in the Scotland Squad  next year. 

On 07/11/2020 at 14:28, Rocco said:

I’m really not sure what Miller offers in midfield. I’d like to see them try something different because he’s like playing with a man down in there

Was just thinking that, IF we manage to get promoted, how many of the current squad would be capable of doing us a turn in the Championship? I think we would probably manage to stay up with the squad we have however, how many of them would be able to sustain a challenge at the top? Not many I don't think.

I think that Mutch, Kelly (based on the opinion of RC fans), Gomis (on a limited basis), Alston (if he revives his previous form) Morrison and Keena are probably the only players we have that look as if they could be involved at the top of the table. Maybe Miller, Connolly and Dixon too at a push. Having said that hopefully the likes of Dowds, Hall, Leitch, Sneddon, Laverty and Francis have a bit of development to come that could see them come good?

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you'd said to me that night at Palmerston when all dykes did in 90 odd mins was fling himself to the floor for a penalty that a couple of years later he would transfer for 2 million quid and be a Scotland regular I would've thought you were on acid or something.  Amazing result for a guy who was a decent championship player at the time but no more really.

I actually watched Dykes play for Surfers Paradise Apollo , a local amateur team here  on the Gold Coast , only 4 years ago - he certainly stood out. Incidentally he got sent off that day.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/local-sport/surfers-paradise-to-ask-football-gold-coast-to-review-footage-of-lyndon-dykes-sendoff/news-story/54135b3a78017d01c09119c6d93f4171

Dykes IMO was always someone who made Dobbie more effective. He is now doing the same job for Scotland allowing Christie, McGinn, Fraser and the likes the time and space to get forward to support and make Scotland more effective. Ok the dived which in hindsight relegated us but FFS we lost Alloa and Morton after that so we got what we deserved that season

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dukes IMO was always someone who made Dobbie more effect. He is now doing the same job for Scotland allowing Christie, McGinn, Fraser and the likes the time and space to get forward to support and make Scotland more effective. Ok the dived which in hindsight relegated us but FFS we lost Alloa and Morton after that so we got what we deserved that season

It wasn't him that relegated us I was highlighting the fact that he was murder that night against a pretty awful Falkirk side in a bottom of the Scottish championship clash  and yet look at him now. 

The funny thing is we seem to do ok when we've come up against championship opposition. Last year we were unlucky against Ayr in the league cup and were much the better side against Arbroath in the Scottish. We were also a bit unlucky to lose to hearts. This season we competed ok against the pars who are currently doing extremely well. We'd need to strengthen obviously but I think a number of our current squad could get us mid table.

44 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Twenty two games after Cove next week, and another five or so games before year end. With a shortened season It’s imperative that we are top going into the new year as games will vanish quickly. Hoping that this has been drummed into the squad that every game is a cup tie.

You would like to think there would be no drumming required and that they figured that out for themselves.

On 13/11/2020 at 09:14, Shadwell Dog said:

If you'd said to me that night at Palmerston when all dykes did in 90 odd mins was fling himself to the floor for a penalty that a couple of years later he would transfer for 2 million quid and be a Scotland regular I would've thought you were on acid or something.  Amazing result for a guy who was a decent championship player at the time but no more really.

Good management ! Screwing the head ! Getting a bit streetwise and playing to his strengths !

It's no one thing but a combination.

Whatever it is he gives an outlet to what was no more than a clearance into a good ball. Must be a bugger to play against !

On a slightly different note didn’t realise that after Scotland’s heroics, Gallagher who I thought was really impressive was the same guy who played with Livi, and nearly jailed for three years for a brutal assault. As many will say everyone deserves a second chance.......

Livingston are prepared to do that. The other CH had a checkered past and they gave Leigh Griffiths a chance after we fucked him off. We are far too soft