The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Played reasonably well,  and at a decent tempo throughout, against weakened opposition, on a poor quality pitch.  Sons TV commentary very listenable for non Sons fans, better than the slavering that’s on ours. 

Agreed.

i thought the commentator was very articulate and sounded intelligent.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Can't please all the people all the time I guess.

You're very welcome to take the mic for the next game if you fancy it. 

I liked the Dumbarton commentary.  Very fair and even handed.  

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Agreed.

i thought the commentator was very articulate and sounded intelligent.

I feel like Chris's maw will be very proud to hear that.

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I liked the Dumbarton commentary.  Very fair and even handed.  

Aww, thanks Long Suffering Bairn. I like you too.

19 minutes ago, ka202 said:

They had just been promoted to the championship. They played Falkirk off the park.

Houstie said they were journeymen that hoofed the ball up the park, this was around the time he became in denial of what we were watching. Livingston went up via the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Was it not queen of the south that were the journeymen?

He definitely referred to us as journeymen certainly.

Was that the game Dobbie slaughtered us and got applauded off the pitch? 

It was both Dobbie and Dykes that got applauded off.

Little were we to know just how Dykes would rise to to Scotland fame.

Might be wrong but pretty sure that was another Hartley disaster....

It was both Dobbie and Dykes that got applauded off.
Little were we to know just how Dykes would rise to to Scotland fame.
Might be wrong but pretty sure that was another Hartley disaster....
He was applauded off the park in your disaster season under Hartley. He got 3 but he really should have got about 6/7 that day. I can't recall games against Houston but I imagine Dobbie did do a bit of damage back then.

Was a really nice touch to see the fans do that tbf given how awful the side you were forced to watch that season. Slightly O/T but I recall the season Falkirk went up we beat you on the final day and sang that wheelbarrow song the entire match. Both sets of fans applauded each other at the end that day as well.

He was applauded off the park in your disaster season under Hartley. He got 3 but he really should have got about 6/7 that day. I can't recall games against Houston but I imagine Dobbie did do a bit of damage back then.

Was a really nice touch to see the fans do that tbf given how awful the side you were forced to watch that season. Slightly O/T but I recall the season Falkirk went up we beat you on the final day and sang that wheelbarrow song the entire match. Both sets of fans applauded each other at the end that day as well.

Yep, probably the most one sided game I can ever remember at TFS. Both of them were immense that day so it was well merited.
I also remember being at that ‘wheelbarrow’ game too. I don’t think it left my head for about 3 days after. You had a really good turnout that day. I’m glad to say I can’t recollect how that song went. Nor do I want to either.....

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Does anyone know if there will be highlights of tonights game @Jan Vojáček?

You guys had a film crew there and two commentators, so I'm guessing so. Don't think we'll be doing them, but I'll check with Jan Jr on that in the morning.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve just been working it out and four of the sections cannot have teams finishing second on 9 points due to remaining fixtures. So I believe we are already through....

Which 4? By my reckoning A and G can't have a 2nd place team on 9pts and C could two teams tied on 9 if Peterhead beat St J on pens but they'd have a poorer GD than us. 

Not a done deal but would take an odd set of results. 

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was in the North Stand that day (we had half of it). Loads of QOS fans were in fancy dress, celebrating an unlikely survival (?)

I was about ready to murder someone due to that song. And Alan useless twat Kernaghan.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn