The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's been a hugely successful coach in the EPL.  Was asst manager at West ham when they finished 9th in the top flight and got to the fa cup final. Managed at Norwich and Fulham although they were less successful it's still experience at a much higher level. He has coached also at celtic, Aston villa, westbrom, Birmingham,notts forest and has also held development roles at a number of top clubs. He has been the coach of the Scotland u21s and a member of the Scottish national team coaching staff.  Add to that the success he is having at alloa and I very much doubt anyone we look at will have a better CV or contacts list.

Why is he at Alloa ?

I seem to remember he was a car crash when he actually managed down south.

See Eddie May as great coach but can't take the pressure of being a manager.

The expectations of FFC versus Alloa are huge with 7 wins in 28 last season classed as success and he was lucky O'Hara had a purple patch which generallyhelps a manager with contacts only going so far, clubs want serious £s for loan players now.

A large portion of our fan base want instant success, last manager who had a CV that pointed towards delivering that ruined us and I'm gutted we can't greet him next weekend. I hope Lee Miller is back tho and for me the focus is on our current management.

Edited by MrDust

Just wondering if there might be any ideas for bringing in a expat coach, for next year, through Rawlins connections. The North American Scottish Coaches Association has plenty of contacts with the MSL and subsidiary league managers/owners. So, while an established coach like Martin Rennie might not want to come over to FFC in League One, there are plenty of others with a working knowledge of Scottish football that might be interesting/interested, and if you make the move to the Championship for next year, surely the pool increases again. It just seems like that kind of thing that Rawlins might see as adding value to the team,  by widening the coaching pool you can possibly get a new coach who is both cheaper and better than some of the retreads...then it just comes down to contracts, as surely others in the organization could assist there.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Why is he at Alloa ?

I seem to remember he was a car crash when he actually managed down south.

See Eddie May as great coach but can't take the pressure of being a manager.

The expectations of FFC versus Alloa are huge with 7 wins in 28 last season classed as success and he was lucky O'Hara had a purple patch which generallyhelps a manager with contacts only going so far, clubs want serious £s for loan players now.

A large portion of our fan base want instant success, last manager who had a CV that pointed towards delivering that ruined us and I'm gutted we can't greet him next weekend. I hope Lee Miller is back tho and for me the focus is on our current management.

He has a proven track record of working with young players . He's at alloa because he got released from Scotland and they offered him a job. He certainly wouldn't take any shit and as I said he'll have far better contacts than anyone else we could attract. And it's not all about loan players it's about permanent signings too.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He has a proven track record of working with young players . He's at alloa because he got released from Scotland and they offered him a job. He certainly wouldn't take any shit and as I said he'll have far better contacts than anyone else we could attract. And it's not all about loan players it's about permanent signings too.

Alloa have a great owner.

44 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Good post and probably what every supporter has on board, also agree there’s probably been a slight over reaction however there’s no hiding from some terrible performances so far. 
A genuine fear with many is that having two bosses can cause factions and in my opinion there has to be one accountable person, not to bothered if it’s a manager/head coach/gaffer.

Connolly and keena doesn't help the shoddy defence though. Be different if we were drawing nothing each all the time.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He has a proven track record of working with young players too and seems to be doing fine this season.without O'Hara. He's at alloa because he got released from Scotland and they offered him a job. He certainly wouldn't take any shit and as I said he'll have far better contacts than anyone else we could attract.

I take it Alloa played well in the tv game on Friday against a car crash Dundee team ?

7 wins in 28 games and zero wins this season isn't close to what Jack Ross and Hartley done at Alloa, it will be a poorer standard this season due to covid and altho QoS are continuing to be bottom feeders, I still expect Alloa to be 8th or 9th if not bottom

Released = sacked 

Did his contacts get him O'Hara in ?

If your not willing to pay serious £s contacts will go for for heehaw. He stuck by O'Hara which was probably what he needed and you can get away with that at Alloa, I doubt Dunfermline will but don't see any other young player in Alloa's team as it's very much dad's army, who will probably have one of the oldest average aged teams in the league, he really hasn't changed much of the squad.

A target of 9th will be their aims at a minimum and it will be touch and go if he gets that without a O'Hara boost this season. 

26 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I take it Alloa played well in the tv game on Friday against a car crash Dundee team ?

7 wins in 28 games and zero wins this season isn't close to what Jack Ross and Hartley done at Alloa, it will be a poorer standard this season due to covid and altho QoS are continuing to be bottom feeders, I still expect Alloa to be 8th or 9th if not bottom

Released = sacked 

Did his contacts get him O'Hara in ?

If your not willing to pay serious £s contacts will go for for heehaw. He stuck by O'Hara which was probably what he needed and you can get away with that at Alloa, I doubt Dunfermline will but don't see any other young player in Alloa's team as it's very much dad's army, who will probably have one of the oldest average aged teams in the league, he really hasn't changed much of the squad.

A target of 9th will be their aims at a minimum and it will be touch and go if he gets that without a O'Hara boost this season. 

What we'd give for that the now. I've been impressed by them every time I've seen them on the TV the last couple of seasons. More than matched du when they beat them 1 0 on the TV last season and play decent football.  I notice the pitch has been moved back to its full dimensions after the clowns before had it narrow as feck.

I notice theyve got Stefan scougall in their squad . Christ he's only 28 and wasn't that long ago he was at sheff utd. His career hasn't half nosedived.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Connelly seems to get better every time he doesn't play - Same as Keena. I have seen nothing in both that would frighten our opponents.

McCracken is dim, you can tell by the way he talks and the y'knows; like a surly  Glaswegian 13 year old.   - I was never a big fan of John Hughes, but what he lacked in brain power he made up for it with passion and enthusiasm.

We are going nowhere under these two well meaning dummies managing our club. 

Mind we appointed a manager who was going well, with a bit of experience and good contacts in the game, looking for the next step up in his career. Can anyone mind how Hartley did with us? Anyone reading the last few pages would thing no manager has ever succeeded in their first post or that no joint managers have ever worked. So far we have dropped 2 points away to partick and had a freak result v forfar (it's not like mutch goes about punching people ever other game!)

Beat cove and get a few players back from injury and everything is looking much better

32 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Connelly seems to get better every time he doesn't play - Same as Keena. I have seen nothing in both that would frighten our opponents.

McCracken is dim, you can tell by the way he talks and the y'knows; like a surly  Glaswegian 13 year old.   - I was never a big fan of John Hughes, but what he lacked in brain power he made up for it with passion and enthusiasm.

We are going nowhere under these two well meaning dummies managing our club. 

I thought Connolly did well last season, especially toward the end. I would say he was one of our successes. None of us have seen very much of Keena but, to me, he looks like our most natural finisher.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering if there might be any ideas for bringing in a expat coach, for next year, through Rawlins connections. The North American Scottish Coaches Association has plenty of contacts with the MSL and subsidiary league managers/owners. So, while an established coach like Martin Rennie might not want to come over to FFC in League One, there are plenty of others with a working knowledge of Scottish football that might be interesting/interested, and if you make the move to the Championship for next year, surely the pool increases again. It just seems like that kind of thing that Rawlins might see as adding value to the team,  by widening the coaching pool you can possibly get a new coach who is both cheaper and better than some of the retreads...then it just comes down to contracts, as surely others in the organization could assist there.

Martin Rennie was a Falkirk fan and ball boy when he was wee, so you never know.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison

Miller Hall Dixon Kelly

Morrison Alston Todd Leitch

Francis Sammon

Really hope Miller has a stormer at RB, could possibly end up with a starting XI once everyone's fit of

Mutch

Miller Durnan Dixon Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis Connolly

Dowds Keena

which just about gets all of our best players on the park and makes us more solid in defence.