The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would look to someone who could put together a proper football plan that wasn’t just for 6 months to get to the next TW. That plan has to include a scouting network and how we begin to start youth development again.

Mark Kerr and Mick McArdle would be my pick, or someone like Stuart Taylor.

Kerr was hopeless last season.at Ayr. Took over they had won 5 out their first 7 with only one defeat. Only won another 7 games of their next  20 with him  in charge. If it hadn't been for their great start under McCall they would never have made the playoffs. 

Peter Grant for me. Doing a fantastic job at alloa and has contacts throughout the game.

On 07/11/2020 at 09:15, HopeStreetWalker said:

He who's name you do not mention is being intentionally provocative. Look on his actions as those of a deeply unhappy and insecure individual who needs help.

He want's a reaction so he can prolong his deranged ramblings. Don't give him what he wants -  attention !

Drop the politics and point scoring it’s it’s pathetic - I’m here for the fitba chat 

Despite recent performances being below par I’m still in favour of  giving  M&M a chance although I would prefer Lee Miller as boss on his own . The players constantly referring to McCraken in interviews as Cracks etc concerns me can you imagine the man United players referring to Fergie instead of boss 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Kerr was hopeless last season.at Ayr. Took over they had won 5 out their first 7 with only one defeat. Only won another 7 games of their next  20 with him  in charge. If it hadn't been for their great start under McCall they would never have made the playoffs. 

Peter Grant for me. Doing a fantastic job at alloa and has contacts throughout the game.

Good shout.

Watched Alloa on Friday against Dundee.

Well organised, low cost outfit.

They also have a great Chairman in Mike Mulroney.

24 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Despite recent performances being below par I’m still in favour of  giving  M&M a chance although I would prefer Lee Miller as boss on his own . The players constantly referring to McCraken in interviews as Cracks etc concerns me can you imagine the man United players referring to Fergie instead of boss 

Good point.

Charlie Telfer referred to him as David.

Mind you, he’s very articulate.

I think he went to Glasgow Academy - excellent school.

It just feels like we are going round in circles. Objectively, we look no better than last season with only a couple of players providing us with a bit of hope.
Once again, it feels like we are hanging on to someone’s coat tails until January.
The Cove game on the 21st is a huge marker. Lose, and there we are, recalibrating for the play offs. A draw will do much the same thing.

We all want M&M to succeed, but failing to address our defensive shambles makes it all the more unlikely that they will.

I expect we'll see Kelly start on Tuesday night - hopefully we'll also ditch Miller, Francis and Leitch from the starting XI. 

While its not been a terrific start, there's a bit of panic mongering going on here.  Tighten up at the back, get Keena, Connelly, Todd/Telfer back and I think we'll start picking up wins.  

Cove have started well but will drop plenty of points.  

15 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect we'll see Kelly start on Tuesday night - hopefully we'll also ditch Miller, Francis and Leitch from the starting XI. 

While its not been a terrific start, there's a bit of panic mongering going on here.  Tighten up at the back, get Keena, Connelly, Todd/Telfer back and I think we'll start picking up wins.  

Cove have started well but will drop plenty of points.  

I didn't think leitch was that bad when we actually managed to give him the ball in dangerous areas. Set up Dowds who missed a sitter in the first half and had one of our only decent shots on target apart from the goal in the second half. Needs to get the ball more in and around the box though.

The question mark is do we actually have the players able to tighten up at the back?  Signing a centrehalf was a must so instead we signed two more left backs. Only m and m can tell you why that's the case.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Appointing Mark Kerr is no better than Miller or McCracken, Ayr haven't been great since IM left for Partick. 

I though RM's biggest problem was that he never stayed with a starting 11 nor a starting formation, I really thought after the 3-0 win against Forfar he had solved it. We were playing dire stuff, the back 4 were appalling but I thought it was harsh on Buchanan to get the boot. He at least tried!

We need a new defence quickly but if this costs us our management duo their jobs then it's their own fault, it is glaringly obvious. Dixon is mince (Can't cross a ball), Durnan is a complete liability along with every other CB option we have and in regards to Mercer, I've not seen a lot but he looks adequate for L1. 

Appointing Mark Kerr is no better than Miller or McCracken, Ayr haven't been great since IM left for Partick. 
I though RM's biggest problem was that he never stayed with a starting 11 nor a starting formation, I really thought after the 3-0 win against Forfar he had solved it. We were playing dire stuff, the back 4 were appalling but I thought it was harsh on Buchanan to get the boot. He at least tried!
We need a new defence quickly but if this costs us our management duo their jobs then it's their own fault, it is glaringly obvious. Dixon is mince (Can't cross a ball), Durnan is a complete liability along with every other CB option we have and in regards to Mercer, I've not seen a lot but he looks adequate for L1. 

If Mark Kerr had the resource M&M had then I am convinced we would have a pool of players much more capable than this disjointed gathering

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I think they're would be a good chance of him being called Fergie at the Shire.

2 hours ago, steveffc said:

This joint manager nonsense is a joke tbh! Who makes decision if sub should come on or not, 5 mins collaboration in dugout to decide!

I thought it an extremely odd decision at the time to appoint joint managers, I wonder who's idea it was. I'm still clinging to the hope it was the right one but I have my doubts. 

Maybe neither wanted to be in the other's shadow or more likely a complete cop-out by our BOD. However trying to please everyone always ends up divisive.

It's certainly not a long term option as they can't be equally as good at their job as each other and will evolve in different ways -  and the players will have their own favourite already which will undermine the other one's authority.    

We are stuck with it , we can only back them as it's so important to get out this league this season. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If Mark Kerr had the resource M&M had then I am convinced we would have a pool of players much more capable than this disjointed gathering

Why would Mark Kerr be any different from our current rookie managers? He inherited a great squad pushing for promotion, they'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the championship.