The Falkirk FC Thread

Agree with Rocco to an extent about playing Miller as a holding midfielder,@ home especially I don't see the point when teams always set up to defend . I think having somebody more creative @ home & more defensively away. I have now watched Fancis & Dowds 5 times still don't see much or any improvement, it ok saying they need time to gel but time is what we do not have. I am not a lover of Sammon or even Telfer but unless we can get a seasoned striker on loan I would try with experience  @ this time to rack up as many points as possible.

10 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Cove are going to be a real threat this year and whilst I subscribe to the feeling that Hartley is a wee shite  I believe in the right set up he’s a far better manager than our  current two incumbents . 
The truth is that Hartley was tapped by his Faither in law to move to Cove at a time he and his family were being treated as Weegie outcasts by us.Mainly  because  we had lost the plot and  were asking him to implement and put his name to a hair brained concept  —“the Brentford model” - not his choice or plan ( and we all know how that ended up. ) 

Hartley was also having to deal with lex , Maggie  and co on a daily basis, neither of whom had a  clue about running a successful club yet he  was expected to take  the blame if the whole plan backfired and we were total shite !
I’m not surprised he engineered his exit by giving up on us and I’m sure the move was financially beneficial for him. I actually  believe he can be  a very good man manager / motivator especially when the chips are against him. ( as they will be next week )
Cove a well run very very linear club one guy in charge of the business and one in charge of the team  His  team  are very focused on success and on a roll , It would be foolish indeed of us to underestimate him. 

It wasn't Lang or superscout that decided to turf out players who had done a good job for the club and telling them at Christmas to ship out as they were never playing again. Plus the players signed up here were just as shite as the ones superscout signed. Dylan Mackin ,Petra and the sand dancer from Dumbarton for example. Guy was clueless.  They won league two due to a bigger budget and fantastic home record at a ground where playing any decent football is a big no no due to conditions. So far they haven't played anyone yet apart from an extremely lucky win against  partick at cove with a real smash and grab effort. I expect they will make the playoffs simply due to their home record but expect a lot of teams to take points off them when they are playing away .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I was bemused at McCracken’s comment - “We lost Anton to injury so we HAD to change the shape”. Well no we didn’t, you shat it. There was another striker on the bench so it could easily have been like for like. We changed the shape to try and see out a 1-0 win and I think it backfired. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

If they are still with the club at Christmas we can kiss goodbye to going up imo. They have had a heep of money to build a squad and I would not trust them to sort the mistakes in January. We are short all over the pitch except goalkeeper and in wide areas.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If they are still with the club at Christmas we can kiss goodbye to going up imo. They have had a heep of money to build a squad and I would not trust them to sort the mistakes in January. We are short all over the pitch except goalkeeper and in wide areas.

Who would you replace them with?

I would look to someone who could put together a proper football plan that wasn’t just for 6 months to get to the next TW. That plan has to include a scouting network and how we begin to start youth development again.

Mark Kerr and Mick McArdle would be my pick, or someone like Stuart Taylor.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would look to someone who could put together a proper football plan that wasn’t just for 6 months to get to the next TW. That plan has to include a scouting network and how we begin to start youth development again.

You think Stuart Taylor would give up his job at Ipswich Town for us ??

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was it ever released by the club what deal they were given?After all they were only on deals till the end of last season.

Still think we’d have went on to win the league with M&M but we move on. The signings apart from Morrison ( maybe Alston Keena) have at best been average, but we’ve done nothing to better our defence. I still think with a few positional changes and the players currently injured back, we will have a better balanced team, however we’ve seen three piss poor performances and we should be doing a lot better. I’m not calling for their heads but they have two huge games coming up and in my opinion cut the mr nice guys media shite, tell guys like Durnan Hall Miller Alston to get their fingers out their arses as if they don’t they will be dropped. Still think that you need one Boss and with two for me introduces conflict of interest.

Hall had a decent game yesterday IMO. Dixon, Miller and Durnan were horrific

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It wasn't Lang or superscout that decided to turf out players who had done a good job for the club and telling them at Christmas to ship out as they were never playing again.

Were those players doing a good job when their performances got Houstie the sack? We’d went seven league games without a win ffs, those wasters had downed tools. Hartley was completely justified in shipping them out.

8 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Why do we always seem to go for ex players etc for our manager in last 20 year or so,? as far as am aware Jeffries had no connection with us before he became manager! Big world out there! , know it no please the diehards! but think we only team who only chooses a manager who have links to us!

Gary Holt, Paul Hartley and Ray McKinnon the least said about the latter 2 the better.

41 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Were those players doing a good job when their performances got Houstie the sack? We’d went seven league games without a win ffs, those wasters had downed tools. Hartley was completely justified in shipping them out.

...then Hartley, in turn, also decided to not give a shit and his signings did likewise. McKinnon: the same.

Houstie's squad taking a dive was merely a symptom of the stinking malaise seeping through the club which led us to where we are now. They had ability but no desire to succeed for FFC.

I like to think we're turning the corner and I'm prepared to stick my neck out: M&M should be given this full season to get the job done, play-offs if required. The problem was never the players (with the exception of some Mitch efforts although can't fault them for chancing it). The problem was the club.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yep,  I can’t see us going anywhere as a club until we get a proper football structure in place with some experienced people involved.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Gary Holt, Paul Hartley and Ray McKinnon the least said about the latter 2 the better.

Gary Holt was hardly startling. His first team talk resulted in turning a 3-0 lead into a 4-3 defeat!

It's the fact Durnan and Hall were offered new deals that gets me, we weren't stuck with them we chose to keep them. Then we made 10 signings and not one of them was a centre back but 3 of them were left backs. The sooner Connolly & Keena are back from injury and Kelly gets fit the better. Gomis isn't fit to play 90 minutes anymore but when he doesn't play none of the other centre midfielders drop and take the ball off the defence. So with that in mind I'd rather see him start especially as we can make 5 subs a game as we can just take him off after 60 minutes when he's done in. The good news is Partick were just as bad as us yesterday and no matter how bad we were we could have actually won that game. Very interested to see what Cove are like in two weeks time as they could actually be the team we need to worry about this season. 

Mutch

Mercer Durnan Dixon Kelly

Morrison Gomis Alston Connolly

Keena Francis/Dowds

Edited by FFC 1876

4 hours ago, steveffc said:
8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Love this comment! Same as COYB page, see who applies and take it from there, these 2 have had a year now to sort our defence!

Behave you!

Dont ever compare me with the simpletons on that page.

I was genuinely asking who he thought would be an appropriate replacement should M&M get punted.

6 hours ago, kiddy said:

Gary Holt was hardly startling. His first team talk resulted in turning a 3-0 lead into a 4-3 defeat!

To side in your favour on that, i know that he was basically clueless and it was a case of just play football as a team talk, so basically the 3 that didnt have ties to the club have been sh*t.