The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Bought my ticket for the Partick game yesterday.

Feel it's a must win game already so early into the season but this usually means we'll lose.

Going to be bold and say 3-1.

Wouldn't say it's a must-win game in terms of promotion or title-winning chances, but it will certainly be a marker in showing if we are any further forward in relation to the abysmal shit-the-bed performances and results we have produced in every important game stretching back several years. The set-up of the team will be quite telling, hopefully a few lessons have been learnt from the "a point against a bang-average Raith Rovers is a superb result" nonsense in March. How ruinous that proved to be.

Anyway, apologies for making a football-related post. Now back to Mussolini, Trump, the Klan, fascism - the staple diet of this thread these days it seems. Beyond a joke.

16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Wouldn't say it's a must-win game in terms of promotion or title-winning chances, but it will certainly be a marker in showing if we are any further forward in relation to the abysmal shit-the-bed performances and results we have produced in every important game stretching back several years. The set-up of the team will be quite telling, hopefully a few lessons have been learnt from the "a point against a bang-average Raith Rovers is a superb result" nonsense in March. How ruinous that proved to be.

Anyway, apologies for making a football-related post. Now back to Mussolini, Trump, the Klan, fascism - the staple diet of this thread these days it seems. Beyond a joke.

I’m not confident about today at all. It’s not that I think Partick are a good team, it’s just I’m growing accustomed to us losing the bigger games.

My mind goes back to that “big game” day against St Mirren at TFS. They came out of the traps at 100mph, and simply blew us away in the first half hour. It ended 0-2, but that score line flattered us that day.

Certainly a day when the “FFC screw up the big games” established itself in my head (even if it wasn’t exactly true).

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

On the basis that fascism is defined as ‘dictatorial power’, I suppose Sturgeon would be right up there with the best of them.

No, dictatorial power is a characteristic of fascism, not a definition you fucking moron. Anyone with any basic knowledge on the subject knows of the difficulties of concisely defining the ideology.

Irregardless, your claims that Sturgeon is a fascist are fucking ridiculous. The four key themes of extreme right/ facist ideology are 1. Opposition to immigration- the matrix to which all other policies are derived. 2. Idealisation of the nation  3. Opposition to European Integration 4. An economic policy that varies between Neo-liberalism and welfare Chauvinism. Theres only one party in Scotland whose political ideology possess all four of these themes, and its not any of the SNP, Labour, Lib Dems or the Greens. 

I can offer you some readings so that you can educate yourself on the matter, but until you do so,  shut the f**k up. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not confident about today at all. It’s not that I think Partick are a good team, it’s just I’m growing accustomed to us losing the bigger games.

Be confident pre the game, then if need be shit it later....😎

As said elsewhere, that Partick squad isn't something to be fearful of and very not typical of a McCall side. We are not the invincibles but I feel it's the managers that will win this league unless covid kills football.

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My mind goes back to that “big game” day against St Mirren at TFS. They came out of the traps at 100mph, and simply blew us away in the first half hour. It ended 0-2, but that score line flattered us that day.

Certainly a day when the “FFC screw up the big games” established itself in my head (even if it wasn’t exactly true).

The St Mirren first 45min that day was best 45 I have seen against us, they were like 11 Ivan Drago's and I joked at the time should've been drug tested.

The coin flip is it gave us Inverness..

1 hour ago, BottiBiabi said:

No, dictatorial power is a characteristic of fascism, not a definition you fucking moron. Anyone with any basic knowledge on the subject knows of the difficulties of concisely defining the ideology.

Irregardless, your claims that Sturgeon is a fascist are fucking ridiculous. The four key themes of extreme right/ facist ideology are 1. Opposition to immigration- the matrix to which all other policies are derived. 2. Idealisation of the nation  3. Opposition to European Integration 4. An economic policy that varies between Neo-liberalism and welfare Chauvinism. Theres only one party in Scotland whose political ideology possess all four of these themes, and its not any of the SNP, Labour, Lib Dems or the Greens. 

I can offer you some readings so that you can educate yourself on the matter, but until you do so,  shut the f**k up. 

He who's name you do not mention is being intentionally provocative. Look on his actions as those of a deeply unhappy and insecure individual who needs help.

He want's a reaction so he can prolong his deranged ramblings. Don't give him what he wants -  attention !

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He who's name you do not mention is being intentionally provocative. Look on his actions as those of a deeply unhappy and insecure individual who needs help.

He want's a reaction so he can prolong his deranged ramblings. Don't give him what he wants -  attention !

That's just what you're doing.😂😂

44 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Drop the politics and point scoring it’s it’s pathetic - I’m here for the fitba chat