The Falkirk FC Thread

Do you think he was welcomed back like a hero ? I never really got that impression Tbf. I thought most people weren’t sure what his role was.
I am not on Facebook mind you.
I'm not either. I seen some bits and pieces on Twitter though. Tbf it probably was only a small amount of folk. The same folk who went hell for leather to win the Keane tickets most likely.

One thing that was highlighted through the full Gow/Rawlins/share issue saga was just how important the fans/small shareholders can be. Hopefully the fans buy into the new share issue in a big way, it gives us a level of control over the club whoever the said major shareholder is at the time. GD had stated they hoped to announce the details and roll it out to the fans before Christmas 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Do you think he was welcomed back like a hero ? I never really got that impression Tbf. I thought most people weren’t sure what his role was.

I'm not either. I seen some bits and pieces on Twitter though. Tbf it probably was only a small amount of folk. The same folk who went hell for leather to win the Keane tickets most likely.

I think most of us are long past the stage of getting excited at any of our appointments mate.

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think most of us are long past the stage of getting excited at any of our appointments mate.

Sadly you are correct. A new era of benefit of the doubt may be coming though. I have always said il judge Gary Deans when he isnt being worked from the back by the clowns of the MSG. That day is almost upon us so hopefully things change in that regard. 

"Pele" we had a few years ago surely must have retired now, be amusing to say that Pele's our director of football.

But on a more serious note, should we not be keeping costs to a minimum on the non playing front, in case we end up with another year in league 1, and hold off on trying to fill what seems to be a bit surplus to requirements this year?

20 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

"Pele" we had a few years ago surely must have retired now, be amusing to say that Pele's our director of football.

But on a more serious note, should we not be keeping costs to a minimum on the non playing front, in case we end up with another year in league 1, and hold off on trying to fill what seems to be a bit surplus to requirements this year?

Right now if I was given the option between a DOF or a new right back I’d take the new RB! Lol....not sure if a full time DOF is a luxury a league one club trying to remain full time can afford

5 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I don’t want to say he panicked but losing out on Jefferies to hearts and the season coming perhaps thought ex player with players contacts through agent work may find a rough diamond.

Gow had two seasons with us, which was his 2nd longest stay at a club and had 14 clubs in total, he also only gave up playing a year ago. The experience he had for the role was minimal

He went up in my estimation as a player when Stokes left but was never one of the players I thought was up there. 

I had thought the DOF role was because our board made so many wrong footballing decisions after Alex Smith left, I am hoping the Rawlins input will now put somewhat a better plan forward for us going forward and if the role comes up again, it does not need to be an ex player

11 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Think its time I come off this C.O.Y.B fanpage on Facebook, for my sanity, dared to question the moronic comment Crunchie should be our next Director off football, think the happy clappers on there happy we a league 1 team now!

Coming off it will genuinely improve your life.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think some of the footballing decisions our bod have made over the past few years highlight the fact that we really need a director of football even if we are in league one.

Appointing a Director of Football depends on the powers and their limitations in the job description. If an advert is being put out for applicants then then that job description will be public knowledge.

Then and only then can a reasoned judgement be made if such a position has the support from the fans.

18 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, massive variations of what this job description actually entails. A DOF, head of academy, academy coach, etc are all roles within their own rights. The club needs to have a clear strategy going forward, on what the short, medium and long term plans are, ensuring whatever objectives are set are achievable, affordable and correct for the club. From a reliable source apart from the top four or five clubs, the costs of running an academy under the present SFA rules  is nearly impossible. 

We won’t have an academy in the same mould as before IMO now that project brave is in full swing , the associated costs would be to high. I doubt also we could afford to run it from the university again which would mean the need for another synthetic pitch should there be increased traffic on the current pitches due to the higher number of players training. I think a grass pitch would be impractical in that instance. I also don’t think the club are looking at somebody specifically  to run or set up a new youth programme, it’s more a footballing brain to sit on the BOD and provide a link between the footballing side and the business aspects of running the club in a similar way Alex Smith had done previously. 

35 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We won’t have an academy in the same mould as before IMO now that project brave is in full swing , the associated costs would be to high. I doubt also we could afford to run it from the university again which would mean the need for another synthetic pitch should there be increased traffic on the current pitches due to the higher number of players training. I think a grass pitch would be impractical in that instance. I also don’t think the club are looking at somebody specifically  to run or set up a new youth programme, it’s more a footballing brain to sit on the BOD and provide a link between the footballing side and the business aspects of running the club in a similar way Alex Smith had done previously. 

The pitch was installed there was a blog that it had a 6 - 8 year life. So its due to be replaced Turf or Synthetic ?

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The pitch was installed there was a blog that it had a 6 - 8 year life. So its due to be replaced Turf or Synthetic ?

Was said at the AGM  pitch still has another two seasons life span so will be replaced after that. I doubt we will see a move back to grass especially if there are to be increased numbers using the pitch with talk of a new youth set up being implemented, added to that the club would loose the additional income the 4G pitch currently generates and would have to find a base to train from in the winter months.  It’s only the “carpet” that is replaced apparently on these 4G surfaces keeping the costs down. It’s not another full re-lay as it is when the surface is first installed. 

35 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Was said at the AGM  pitch still has another two seasons life span so will be replaced after that. I doubt we will see a move back to grass especially if there are to be increased numbers using the pitch with talk of a new youth set up being implemented, added to that the club would loose the additional income the 4G pitch currently generates and would have to find a base to train from in the winter months.  It’s only the “carpet” that is replaced apparently on these 4G surfaces keeping the costs down. It’s not another full re-lay as it is when the surface is first installed. 

Do we not own the pitch that has just been built beside the stadium? As if we do and that can be used for training then a move back to grass would be the ideal. The plan is to get back to the premiership and some players will choose not to play for us if we still have an astroturf pitch. Back when we had a grass pitch we had one of the best kept pitches in the country so it would be good to get back to that as I feel it's much easier to play football on a grass pitch. 

5 hours ago, steveffc said:

Think its time I come off this C.O.Y.B fanpage on Facebook, for my sanity, dared to question the moronic comment Crunchie should be our next Director off football, think the happy clappers on there happy we a league 1 team now!

I got banned from that page a couple of years ago!

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hey Boss, this is us on the way to Stranraer , COYB

Hey Mark , this is ma boay's new haircut - he has the steeple shaved on his heid - dýe like it?

Hey MC , would you buy our golf club in Polmont? 

Eternally embarrassing. Funny how he's never tweeted a thing since his "bid" went tits up - almost as if the whole thing was just a vehicle to dupe (some of ) the fans.