The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Baggio said:
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:
Who's that between Stainrod and Tawio promoting the 50/50 draw on FTV?

I asked the same question on Twitter. Could it be Roddy Manley? Too young? I feel like I'm going to kick myself.

Definitely not Manley.

10 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Nice relieved feeling tonight.  Good team performance.  Blair played well in the middle where he should be.  Happy.

We should never see gomis and miller together for a home league game again really but I'm not convinced that will be the case 

My biggest hope is that Miller/McCracken do not look at next week, see we are playing a "name" and shit the bed/overthink it. Thistle are verging on a crisis and have been beaten twice already. Go into the game with the mindset of being the better team and wanting to show it. 7 point lead over them after 4 games would be huge.

McKinnon or Pressley for example would go one up top and play percentages.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Please bring Sam back.

Superb commentary from him.

Much better than Joe.

Enthusiasm for the team is fantastic.

Totally disagree tbh - was really making me cringe. Obviously ex-players/fans will naturally be biased but him shouting over his co-commentator and making comments like “this will be our 3rd now” when we got a corner was just embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

M&M will be happy with today’s improvement. Alston had a really good game and slotted in well in which I think is his best position. The pace of the game suited him  and his fitness improving. Durnan was back to his last seasons form following the Airdrie game, however Hall looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Good performance although our loan GK looked exactly what we’ve been told useless at cross balls. 
I think today proved that one of three out of Gomis Miller Alston must sit out....

One of two you mean. Should be alston with either miller or gomis. 

Hopefully today was the final nail in the coffin for the failed Miller-Gomis central midfield partnership. A combination that should only ever be used now if we're a couple of goals up and looking to see a game out. Alston and one of Miller/ Gomis/ Todd from now on please

I'd keep the same 11 for next week, hopefully Keena and Connolly aren't far away from returning which would give M&M a nice problem to have.

Shout out to Durnan btw who I thought was really solid at the back. 

There really is no justification for playing Miller and Gomis together against any team in this league. 

Question is more now - when Keena is fit, does he replace Francis or Dowds?
Dowds obviously! Not seen anything from him that I'd rate, another dud from East Fife, Surely this is a no brainer?.

27 minutes ago, steveffc said:
42 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:
There really is no justification for playing Miller and Gomis together against any team in this league. 

Question is more now - when Keena is fit, does he replace Francis or Dowds?

Dowds obviously! Not seen anything from him that I'd rate, another dud from East Fife, Surely this is a no brainer?.

Perhaps naively, I still feel like there’s more to come from Dowds. A bit gutted that we never got to see him and Keena play more together at the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We should never see gomis and miller together for a home league game again really but I'm not convinced that will be the case 

I think that'll very much depend on the injury situation. Alston will stay central now I would think, especially if Connolly gets back. I think part of the problem is that Gomis is a player that can be depended on whereas the likes of Leitch, Todd and Telfer, not so much so there must be a temptation to shoehorn him in somewhere, especially in the more difficult away games.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

M&M will be happy with today’s improvement. Alston had a really good game and slotted in well in which I think is his best position. The pace of the game suited him  and his fitness improving. Durnan was back to his last seasons form following the Airdrie game, however Hall looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Good performance although our loan GK looked exactly what we’ve been told useless at cross balls. 
I think today proved that one of three out of Gomis Miller Alston must sit out....

I'm struggling to remember any crosses that he struggled with, unless it was when I went to answer the phone!