The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Most likely loans/out/in 

We never really utilise the loan market effectively. I get that we ideally want to develop our own players but when you have 6 loans to use this season it seems silly not to take advantage of that market. So far we've signed a back up goalie and now a back up 17 year old left back.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did wonder  if the signing of Kelly and deveney may have seen us moving to 3 at the back .

Well, I hope not because RC fans say that Kelly's not good at defending and Mercer's too slow to play RWB.

Where did you find this data? I have been trying to get a hold of figures but official channels are only giving me ICU figures for Scotland as a whole

From an ICU nurse who has been there since the hospital opened. It’s probably a degree of granularity for each hospital that is politically unwelcome.

Anyhoo, Kelly. As many have pointed out, if Dixon moves to centre half alongside Durnan, and Kelly slots in to his recognised slot as a left back capable of bombing forward with decent crosses as a result, then yes, it’s a positive.

I know it’s said he is not the best at defending, then a good few tiers up, the same could be said of Andy Robertson. Hopefully the defending part is the bit he will be using the least.

There is no absolute rule for league games yet. That may be finalised soon as the current process within the SPFL proceeds.

The punishments for breaking protocol will possibly become clear very soon as Kilmarnock and St Mirren face charges in that line.

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We never really utilise the loan market effectively. I get that we ideally want to develop our own players but when you have 6 loans to use this season it seems silly not to take advantage of that market. So far we've signed a back up goalie and now a back up 17 year old left back.

The loan market isn't as plain as getting a borrow of a player especially from the top league. I bet you we were paying a large skelp of the McManus wage last season and tends to happen nowadays with loans.

The lower down in the league you go may get a better loan deal but clubs generally want £s for loans if you can pay it.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, I hope not because RC fans say that Kelly's not good at defending and Mercer's too slow to play RWB.

Kelly could be the LWB, then you have 3 from Miller, Dixon, Durnan and Hall.

I'd prefer to play 3 at the back in this league and I do think Miller favours that formation after his time at Livi. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The loan market isn't as plain as getting a borrow of a player especially from the top league. I bet you we were paying a large skelp of the McManus wage last season and tends to happen nowadays with loans.

The lower down in the league you go may get a better loan deal but clubs generally want £s for loans if you can pay it.

I'd prefer to play 3 at the back in this league and I do think Miller favours that formation after his time at Livi. 

Relying on the loan market this window was a non-starter with premiership clubs having 9 spaces on the bench to fill. 

55 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Who plays RWB then?

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyhoo, Kelly. As many have pointed out, if Dixon moves to centre half alongside Durnan, and Kelly slots in to his recognised slot as a left back capable of bombing forward with decent crosses as a result, then yes, it’s a positive.

I know it’s said he is not the best at defending, then a good few tiers up, the same could be said of Andy Robertson. Hopefully the defending part is the bit he will be using the least.

Yeah the left back for one of the best teams in the world can't defend 

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t think players are tested at our level unless they have symptoms?

I still can't get my head round this. 

The clubs can't afford it so they don't have to test?  Who made that rule up?

But Premiership clubs are richer so more important and will get charged if they don't follow protocols.