The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m going to take a devils advocate approach to this and suggest that Dundee United had to spend money to compete in the Premiership and thoughts at the time were that supporters would be back in stadia come this time.
Clubs budget in certain scenarios and one with a need to upgrade its team to compete against a backdrop of no idea when you will have supporters in stadia is not something that’s easy to make provision for....

That's one thing if they'd signed all their players a while back but they were signing guys right up to the window knowing full well there was no sign of fans coming back. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's one thing if they'd signed all their players a while back but they were signing guys right up to the window knowing full well there was no sign of fans coming back. 

Edwards joined early august and Fuchs October the 4th who are apparently the bigger earners so no sympathy with expecting fans in.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Durnan after Airdrie away last season was doing okay as he was just being asked to defend but now trying to build from the back which neither of them suit. 

I may be wrong but I don't think Durnan got caught out by overrunning the ball into midfield on Saturday. That may have been the first match this season that he hasn't do so however...

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I may be wrong but I don't think Durnan got caught out by overrunning the ball into midfield on Saturday. That may have been the first match this season that he hasn't do so however...

To be fair the fact they can't actually play football shouldn't be as much of an issue as it is currently. We should have a centre midfielder taking the ball off them like Mark Millar used to do. You very rarely get a defender that can actually play decent passes as well as defend, usually it's one of the other which is why we need to allow the two diddies to just do their defensive work and have a midfielder that drops deep to take the ball off them so we don't see them playing hoofball for 90 minutes.  Mcracken for example couldn't play football but got by as someone else in the team would come take the easy pass off him.

Edited by FFC 1876

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Clyde I’m sure he lost the ball on the halfway line more than once, as above a midfielder should be getting the ball off of him. Let him stick to heading the ball away and not trying to run out of defence.

The video of Kelly training today on our facebook page all but confirms Kelly will be our left back this season hopefully he'll give us some of the width we've been missing on that left hand side with Connolly out injured. I'm hoping to see something like this on Saturday. 

Morrison

Mercer Durnan Dixon Kelly

Morrison Miller Alston Deveney

Francis Dowds

Although I wouldn't mind us changing it up to a 4-2-3-1 as I think Francis could easily play on the wing he seems to get joy running the channels. Would free up Morrison as well to go roam the park looking for the ball.

Morrison

Miller Alston

Francis Morrison Deveney

Dowds

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The video of Kelly training today on our facebook page all but confirms Kelly will be our left back this season hopefully he'll give us some of the width we've been missing on that left hand side with Connolly out injured. I'm hoping to see something like this on Saturday. 

Morrison

Francis Dowds

Morrison

Although I wouldn't mind us changing it up to a 4-2-3-1 as I think Francis could easily play on the wing he seems to get joy running the channels.

Miller Alston

Francis Morrison Deveney

Dowds

I think the first one will be the winner. whether they consider Kelly & Deveney ready to start is probably the issue. Hopefully that gives us a threat from the left meaning Morrison isn't marked out of the game as easily.

51 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison

Francis Dowds

Although I wouldn't mind us changing it up to a 4-2-3-1 as I think Francis could easily play on the wing he seems to get joy running the channels. Would free up Morrison as well to go roam the park looking for the ball.

Morrison

Miller Alston

Francis Morrison Deveney

Dowds

If we go with the latter it'll be Alston in the 10 and Morrison on the wing, no chance he's through the middle.

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The video of Kelly training today on our facebook page all but confirms Kelly will be our left back this season

Not really. New arrivals are usually the first choice when selecting a player to promote something; think Morrison re snoods, Keena re training wear, Gow re season tickets, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not really. New arrivals are usually the first choice when selecting a player to promote something; think Morrison re snoods, Keena re training wear, Gow re season tickets, etc. 

Sorry I'm more talking about the video itself rather than the club trying to use a new signing to boost sales. You wouldn't expect to see your centre back working on bombing down the left wing and whipping in a cross.

Any more transfers in the works or is that us done for now?

Edited by FFC 1876

Don’t agree.
The economy can’t afford to be shut down.
The Government realises it, even the SG.
We’re just going to have to live with the current death rates and build up hospital capacity.
In fact, excess deaths for this time of year are minimal.
Was in A &E myself just recently.
Very quiet and very few patients.

Forget A&E and try the ICU ward. The ICU ward in Larbert has more Covid cases in ICU today (and yesterday) than at any time this year.

God knows why you are using A&E as a barometer of Covid.

50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sorry I'm more talking about the video itself rather than the club trying to use a new signing to boost sales. You wouldn't expect to see your centre back working on bombing down the left wing and whipping in a cross.

Any more transfers in the works or is that us done for now?

I think that's us done, albeit the AGM comments about 2 new defenders pretty much said that anyway. 

If you include Lee Miller we have 23 players now. 

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Forget A&E and try the ICU ward. The ICU ward in Larbert has more Covid cases in ICU today (and yesterday) than at any time this year.

Sorry, it was ICU then CAU, then CT and MRI scans.

Quiet, in fact very quiet - 2 weeks ago so maybe it’s busied up since then.

Remember, we’re now in the busy time of year.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He who's name you do not mention is attention seeking and being intentionally provocative.

NHS staff are bracing themselves for what awaits them in the next few months and I know that first hand.

What annoys them and pisses them right off. Are pontificating individuals with their own agendas with their own uninformed panaceas trying to influence behavior.

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Where did you find this data? I have been trying to get a hold of figures but official channels are only giving me ICU figures for Scotland as a whole

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Where did you find this data? I have been trying to get a hold of figures but official channels are only giving me ICU figures for Scotland as a whole

Not being provocative, as HSW seems to imagine, but just heard from a reliable source within FVRI that Covid patients are being transferred into it from the West of Scotland. Maybe answers the points raised by DF.