The Falkirk FC Thread

Lyle Taylor scored his 1st goal for Forest tonight,hard to think it was 8 years ago he was with us.

His raspberry hair is pretty unforgivable tbh. Like something from a Polly Pockets doll circa 1996.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Indeed, absolutely strolled it in the Championship last season and was the prime reason we went 6 games without conceding a single goal. Contrast that with our fortunes without him in our most recent game...

With all due respect look at who those games were against and if I remember correctly he was part of a back 3 whilst playing with you. Berra's good at what he does, being physical and winning the ball in the air but he can't play football and he's useless with anything played in behind him which is exactly what our two centre backs struggle with. Berra was a good carthorse back in the day but he's ran his race, i'm sure many reasonable Hearts fans would also agree. He'll sit pretty at Hearts till his contract runs out then they'll find him a coaching role.

DFCC32B9-EEC1-4DD4-9D9B-C77BFE9AA614.png

Edited by FFC 1876

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

With all due respect look at who those games were against and if I remember correctly he was part of a back 3 whilst playing with you. Berra's good at what he does, being physical and winning the ball in the air but he can't play football and he's useless with anything played in behind him which is exactly what our two centre backs struggle with. Berra was a good carthorse back in the day but he's ran his race, i'm sure many reasonable Hearts fans would also agree. He'll sit pretty at Hearts till his contract runs out then they'll find him a coaching role.

DFCC32B9-EEC1-4DD4-9D9B-C77BFE9AA614.png

With all due respect, those teams are better than anything you'll face in this league by quite a distance. 

This discussion is a bit silly in any case as Neilson has said that Berra will be part of his first team plans. 

Before he joined Dundee I was one of those that considered him an absolute haddy and I didn't want him anywhere near us, but he turned us into a rock. His organisation skills were so good he made Jordon Forster look like a competent defender. In those 6 games, I don't think we gave up a serious chance. Absolute class act.

1. Berra's not going to be leaving Hearts.

2. We have our own experienced left sided centre back when Dixon moves in there.

3. We need an up and coming centre back to play in beside Dixon as ultimately if we go up this season Hall and Durnan aren't going to cut it unless they drastically improve.

Edited by FFC 1876

39 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We had fans saying Kingsley signing would be a “risk”, now fans saying Berra wouldn’t absolutely stroll League 1 😂😂😂

Remember the last time we talked about players strolling league 1? How did that turn out again?

Edited by FFC 1876

Anyone else had problems getting the game? I soon as click on the PayPal link it just says things aren't working at the moment try again later. Tried both my laptop and my phone, same message

Edit - panic over. Got it working. Beer time. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

14 hours ago, keithgy said:

Lyle Taylor scored his 1st goal for Forest tonight,hard to think it was 8 years ago he was with us.

Any respect I had for him left with his Charlton charade, his candy floss hair only confirmed my decision.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Indeed, absolutely strolled it in the Championship last season and was the prime reason we went 6 games without conceding a single goal. Contrast that with our fortunes without him in our most recent game...

Strange you have pushed the boat out for Charlie Adam when it seems defence is your problem and that you have 2 or 3 players similar to Charlie albeit Charlie should stroll the league more.

Berra obviously had played with a cigar championship level, he would have one in each hand at league one level.

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Missed Sammon, Cammy Bell and Tidser from that list. My point is merely that Berra isn't what we need.

Cammy Bell didn't put a foot wrong last season bar injuries, I never rated the Morton legend Tidser and Sammon obviously is getting his last big contract/pension fund. 

I for one didn't think any of our players would stroll the league but as a team we would've had enough to win the league. The M&M management record proves in a stat term we did, McKinnon not so

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

1. Berra's not going to be leaving Hearts.

2. We have our own experienced left sided centre back when Dixon moves in there.

3. We need an up and coming centre back to play in beside Dixon as ultimately if we go up this season Hall and Durnan aren't going to cut it unless they drastically improve.

Durnan/Hall/Dixon  as the center back pairing is a distinct possibility, then there has to be a team set up to protect them. Caught up the park and in a race as with the Clyde goal they will get skinned for pace every time. Therefore the midfield has to be lined up accordingly to stop that happening.

The midfield is where the league championship will come from.

We've got a starting line up with Gomis and Miller playing again, i'm assuming Alston will be playing left mid. Also only 7 subs on our bench this week as opposed to the 9 we can have.

Mutch

Mercer Durnan Hall Dixon

Morrison Miller Gomis Alston

Dowds Francis