The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sneddon will be gutted !

Could still be Sneddon that ends us as our first choice left back, just needs to keep himself fit and ready to stake his claim when the chance comes his way. Competition isn't a bad thing in a team aiming to win the league. Could also be the case that Sneddon's fancied more as a left winger.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Not sure of the point in this signing unless he’s a starting left back and Dixon is moving central. In that case couldn’t we have just tried Sneddon there, not sure this boy has any more experience than him. Very strange one. 

Euan Deveney is a left back

To be fair this late in the day there aren't going go be that many good finds left. I'd imagine we'll line up tomorrow with the same defence that started against Montrose then shift Dixon inside next week, so it'll be interesting to see who gets the left back spot.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Got anymore feedback on him other than his position?

Only played against Dunfermline, looked very decent in that game tbh, wasnt scared to get forward, gave Steven Whittaker a hard time and fired in some decent crosses. Highly regarded by his youth coaches, he's also got caps with Northern Ireland at youth level, he only stepped up this season after being part of the Killie team who reached the Scottish Cup U17 final before the season lockdown.

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

That's quite an odd signing. I wonder if we're getting desperate.

He could be the next Tierney but seems strange to bring in an untested17 year old to be starting in league games.

The impression I got is that he's considered good enough to start, which isn't quite the case yet for BS. 

As others have alluded to, that would allow Dixon to move into the middle and if we bring in a CH that gives us four players for two centreback positions. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Good on the ball and has decent pace. Better going forward than defending was the scout report I got. We'll be getting him for hee haw so I would expect the remains of the budget to be spent on a centrehalf. 

He was up against Chris Burke in training and he rates him highly to.... he canny be that bad a defender 😜

42 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He was up against Chris Burke in training and he rates him highly to.... he canny be that bad a defender 😜

We'll see soon enough. Im just going on comments from people I know that scout and others that have played against him regularly.