The Falkirk FC Thread

For the first time ever my 400 shares weren't just a paper exercise and can change things. When the plan to sell shares to fans and the Rawlings comes about then anyone who really is a supporter should look at investing whatever they can afford. You never know when a small shareholding could make the difference again. Hopefully we can as a club move forward now COYB.

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just hope there’s no legal challenge regarding the vote as it was so close.

Presumably the auditors were in charge of the count?

This crossed my mind, however it wasnt a majority % vote to win. I.e either way of 50/50 I think if it was 0.41% over that, showing a near split down the middle there could have been more cause for concern. Over 75% is a clear message. 

10 hours ago, AGPar said:

He really isn't. Where are you getting this from? EdiBairn is active on this forum all right. He's the one who was desperately hoping this resolution would fail. The thought of any dilution of the power of his beloved MSG fills him with dread. He's devastated tonight.

Yes , plus EdiBairn was a massive defender of Lang. "She's just an unpaid volunteer! " he used to shout on here , like she worked on the pie stall or something and this completely absolved her from her huge part in the utter mismanaged carnage and demise of our proud club. 

Anyway that's all behind us now. 

45 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Alan Rough having a go at us and clubs with "American friends" on the radio apparently. 

But ok for his club to take millions from a lottery winner. Fuckin dinosaur. 

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Good post, and confirms to all minor shareholders and shareholders that the supporters of the club made such an important difference at yesterday’s AGM.

I genuinely think that many supporters will now engage with buying shares, (and increasing in many cases) and as many have posted, really happy that we have a chairman and new board that recognise the serious failings of the past few years, who in my opinion treated us with contempt, arrogance and at times downright ignorance.

Over to you GD and new board members.... 

Hopefully it's a new era. The fans have high expectations possibly not achievable in the timeframe they expect.

If the new investors and board members are as switched on as we think, they will know this. Expect some PR to get everybody on board with the project to drive the club forward. They have a short time window of goodwill - use it well !

Interesting times !

6 minutes ago, JmSG said:

Greetings, does anyone remember what positions Eddie May played when he was playing for Falkirk?

He played attacking centre mid mainly if I remember correctly.  Think he also played in defence when he came back towards the end of his career.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Some signing news on the defensive front would be great. 

This, especially seen as they said 1 or 2 in the AGM hopefully this means we can bring in two more capable defenders. Most likely going to have to be loans though as most of the good targets will have been snapped up by now.

Edited by FFC 1876