The Falkirk FC Thread

Somebody who knows me and regularly posts on here actually said the same thing to me in person suggesting this is how it would look with that username soon after I had made my first post! ....was to late by then tho 🤷‍♂️[emoji23]

Well, hope you stick around and keep posting, you appear to be ‘in the know’ and we desperately need that on here....

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Still not 100 percent clear on Gows current position. Deans was still pretty cagey on the whole thing. He didn't really clarify whether he was still in his role and if he was why was he a no show tonight when he was supposed to be explaining to us his plans for the club? Again very much a nothing to see here reply from the chairman.

I don't get the Gow thing at all. If he has got investors behind him then why not say so and be clear about it? This stuff about his football experience making his appointment a no brainer, he's just finished being a player and hawking himself about a bit around the globe, what especially is his valuable expertise compared to any other recently retired player? It's all a bit odd and would likely be cleared up with a bit of transparency. From the Herald:

Board did not feel they could drive football strategy better than someone with the expertise of Gow. Miller and McCracken still in control of first team but this appointment is to work with the broader football strategy. Someone with various contacts to supplement Lee and David's knowledge. Board were close to landing Jim Jeffries for the role but he went to Hearts. Word got out, board didn't need to advertise - people came to them. Gary deans described appointing Gow as "A no brainer". Working on the board not linked to share ownership, Gow can buy shares if he wishes but this is not linked to his role. Board understood a strategic need for a football director and position was not created specifically for Gow. He will last as long as he is doing his job well, same as anyone else at the club. 

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just hope there’s no legal challenge regarding the vote as it was so close.

Presumably the auditors were in charge of the count?

This actually crossed my mind as well! Is that even possible? The vote was conducted using a legal firm so surely that makes it water tight? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

It is vital they vote. But as others have said it will be tight. IMO unless the small shareholders vote in unprecedented numbers the club are not going to get the 75% required. By my reckoning if under 50% of that slice doesn’t come in c350,000 shares then it is going to fail. We have to mass the troops and get the vote out

I am bloody proud to be a Falkirk Bairn tonight. Every single small shareholder who voted should be too as well as those who were phoning round encouraging them.

Time to really look forward with optimism now. Let’s put the divides behind us and get behind the share issue with whatever we can afford. If it is £10 or 10 grand tonight shows every bit matters and is no less important.

I am off for another whiskey

[emoji122] everyone

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am bloody proud to be a Falkirk Bairn tonight. Every single small shareholder who voted should be too as well as those who were phoning round encouraging them.

Time to really look forward with optimism now. Let’s put the divides behind us and get behind the share issue with whatever we can afford. If it is £10 or 10 grand tonight shows every bit matters and is no less important.

emoji122.png everyone

This 100% sums up my thoughts at the moment also! 

Woke up to the great news , a literal bawhair decision but a win for the fans at last!

I was a big citric of Mark Campbell after the utter pish he spoke at that first beauty parade.  This is completely different and feels like a new beginning. The Rawlins seem decent people with a visible successful track record (unlike MC) - the impetuous & subsequent momentum  from their involvement might just get us back to where we want to be.

A great day, Forza Falkirk.

Oh and Happy Friday everyone.