The Falkirk FC Thread

Working on the board not linked to share ownership, Gow can buy shares if he wishes but this is not linked to his role. Board understood a strategic need for a football director and position was not created specifically for Gow. He will last as long as he is doing his job well, same as anyone else at the club.

Well thats that one answered:

Alan Gow appointed as head of football operations - was position advertised or created for him and is it a permanent role?

Board did not feel they could drive football strategy better than someone with the expertise of Gow. Miller and McCracken still in control of first team but this appointment is to work with the broader football strategy. Someone with various contacts to supplement Lee and David's knowledge. Board were close to landing Jim Jeffries for the role but he went to Hearts. Word got out, board didn't need to advertise - people came to them. Gary deans described appointing Gow as "A no brainer". Working on the board not linked to share ownership, Gow can buy shares if he wishes but this is not linked to his role. Board understood a strategic need for a football director and position was not created specifically for Gow. He will last as long as he is doing his job well, same as anyone else at the club.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

So, what do we actually know about this guy Rawlins...

f**k's sake, you lot are pish at taking bait!! Anyway, I contacted one of the Stoke fans boards a few days ago to ask about their opinion of Rawlins - this is the only meaningful reply that I got.

Comes across as a decent bloke and appears to love and understand football. I would imagine he has genuine intentions of doing the best for any club he wishes to invest in.

He was a Stoke fan and his investment in Stoke City did help us out at a time when money was tight. I think he buggered off to the USA because his American girlfriend felt homesick and didn't feel like she fitted in to such a glamourous, stylish and sophisticated area as Stoke on Trent. 

Maybe this is okay...but cynic in me thinks it’s a bit poor to charge the club to let a player stay at “one of” your properties. Maybe it was heavily discounted. But I thought we’d have a set of properties where non local players would stay, not us scratching around getting favours from someone on the board

E83D975C-5695-48DA-9B21-F84342766D22.png

In terms of business politics i'm a relative simpleton, can someone explain to me what now happens with the Rawlins investment is that essentially just about over the line with no more hoops to jump through other than the legal ones with both parties?

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

A huge thanks to all the guys on P&B, the guys on other social sites and to those fellow shareholders who have made the crucial difference in securing a new start for our club, we are indebted to you, once again a massive Thank you.

The positive impact that P+B has had on various clubs and in really enforcing the fans views on the Rangers situation back in 2012 should not be overlooked.

Maybe this is okay...but cynic in me thinks it’s a bit poor to charge the club to let a player stay at “one of” your properties. Maybe it was heavily discounted. But I thought we’d have a set of properties where non local players would stay, not us scratching around getting favours from someone on the board
E83D975C-5695-48DA-9B21-F84342766D22.thumb.png.d878381bfd1dd244c7cf5550be846c35.png

It’ll probably have been the club pays the rent but takes it off at source from his pay, which some clubs do, and for the player all his “bills” are paid so the money he has is his. I don’t see the issue in it personally, I know at one stage the club were looking for landlords to house players.

Still not 100 percent clear on Gows current position. Deans was still pretty cagey on the whole thing. He didn't really clarify whether he was still in his role and if he was why was he a no show tonight when he was supposed to be explaining to us his plans for the club? Again very much a nothing to see here reply from the chairman.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

I understand it is at end of life in the next 2 years and with the new pitch alongside the park it makes sense to go back to grass.

It will depend on what league we are in and if we can afford it with going back to grass we need to have the groundsman to go with it, whichever way there is going to be a cost in laying synthetic or grass, less upkeep with synthetic and less chance of games called off but with moving to grass we lose revenue for hiring out the pitch unless they sort out the ones next to the stadium.

I am not a shareholder in the club but have been a supporter for 57 years. I would like to take this opportunity to THANK all minor shareholders for taking their chance to improve the club. Well done all. The Rawlings money and previous track record give us finally a small light at the end of a long dark tunnel. A great day for us. Hope I don't have to regret saying that but we are Falkirk remember

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I understand it is at end of life in the next 2 years and with the new pitch alongside the park it makes sense to go back to grass.

Probably depend on.what division we're in.  The other pitch is owned by the foundation and will.be used a lot by their teams I would think.