The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Spoke to him this morning. It's not a long term injury and he'll back much sooner than I think everyone feared. The manager might give out a timescale next time he does a press or FFCTV interview. 

Brightened up my morning with that wee snippet "Bb" 👍

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Spoke to him this morning. It's not a long term injury and he'll back much sooner than I think everyone feared. The manager might give out a timescale next time he does a press or FFCTV interview. 

Thanks Bainsford, excellent news. Really is the focal point of our attack 

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

May well have scraped through by the sounds of it. 

The resolution for the share issue and Rawlins investment passed passed? Fantastic news if true and a testament to all the small and minor shareholders making they're voice heard and voting! Our BOD should remember it was the fans votes that saved them here and pushed this resolution through saving them the embarrassment of it falling to pass, more fan involvement at ownership/management level is needed. This proves it, it should never have been so tight. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Brilliant news! You’ve just cheered me up a bit this morning, hopefully get some more good news tonight via the AGM. 

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Like the majority of supporters at this crucial time, are you confirming that Rawlins investment has been passed or are you merely speculating?

I’m only speculating after another poster (Falkirk09Bairn) had commented that he’d heard the vote had just sneaked through.   

Edited by LatapyBairn.

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sadly that’s twisted Falkirk09Bairn, so I think I will wait for tonight’s announcement..

They seem dead against it so I would suspect it’s their way to try and set the fans up for a fall. Will tune in tonight for the confirmed results.

22 minutes ago, FTID1876 said:

They seem dead against it so I would suspect it’s their way to try and set the fans up for a fall. Will tune in tonight for the confirmed results.

How any “fan” could be against the investment from somebody with Rawlins pedigree and subsequent opening up of a share issue allowing fans to take a bigger stake in the club I’ve no idea.  I’d love somebody to explain why this not happening would be in the best interests of the club?!

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The first question that should be asked of any investor is. ' What's in it for you ? ' No other questions asked until it is answered in a satisfactory manner.

I don't think you'd get a satisfactory answer unless it's to save the club tbh.

I personally think the Rawlins are either wanting a professional hobby or a budget Fergus McCann, although the latter won't make them serious cash unless they could split or break the ugly sisters from Glasgow.

It makes zero sense investing in a Scottish club unless you are a fan of the club or the game, albeit the latter isn't ideal with the standard.

Just now, MrDust said:

I don't think you'd get a satisfactory answer unless it's to save the club tbh.

I personally think the Rawlins are either wanting a professional hobby or a budget Fergus McCann, although the latter won't make them serious cash unless they could split or break the ugly sisters from Glasgow.

It makes zero sense investing in a Scottish club unless you are a fan of the club or the game, albeit the latter isn't ideal with the standard.

Everyones plan so far is/was to invest in bringing the Academy back and selling them on, its not a ridiculous idea, it worked for long enough till CC decided we couldnt afford it and to put the money in the first team to get promoted (the biggest flaw in that plan was it was bollocks and didnt work) the biggest concern was MC plan with it as it seemed to pop up a lot of agents linked to him which we would have  had more journeymen playing to get in the shop window and with a bit of luck we would have got promoted.  

I think with Rawlins on board there is every chance he could move us forward ala Stoke/Orlando and i dare say he has a plan to move it forward than just winging it like we have been doing and running a lottery on which plan will come up next and if it will work.  What does need to stop is the shit in the background if outgoing directors have an axe to grind and still insist them leaving or any decision to bring in fans representation is seen as defeat in their eyes.  It has to be remembered they were the ones that started the attacks on the support and not the other way around (see Dennon Lewis and the Club Badge copyright as examples)