The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If they're looking at another young left back it gives you a feeling that they aren't convinced by sneddon. Scout report is he's better than Sneddon but not by much.

He's a kid who has been playing in the EoS league. Pretty unrealistic to think he'd be an option this season.

If another left back lets us improve the first team for this season then I'm all for it. We absolutely have to go up this season. A second year in this tip of a league is bad enough without it bleeding into 2022.

He's a kid who has been playing in the EoS league. Pretty unrealistic to think he'd be an option this season.
If another left back lets us improve the first team for this season then I'm all for it. We absolutely have to go up this season. A second year in this tip of a league is bad enough without it bleeding into 2022.

Ironically, if ever there was a season to be in this league, this is it.
At least costs are lower than we would have incurred as a Championship team.
Certainly agree though we need to be up with the upper tier diddies next season....

Can’t KJ and DW buy out Lex and the others that want their money out? 
Eta: in the context of a fans body 

I personally hope they don’t get a thin dime of cash from either the club or other fans

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This boys similar though. I could see your point if we were bringing in an another experienced left back but having two left backs  that are at similar stages in their careers doesn't make any sense.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

This boys similar though. I could see your point if we were bringing in an another experienced left back but having two left backs  that are at similar stages in their careers doesn't make any sense.

Played at this level before and has come through a top club. Bit different to a guy who has played at Camelon in tier 6. Big difference in players over a couple of years at that age as well.

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Played at this level before and has come through a top club. Bit different to a guy who has played at Camelon in tier 6. Big difference in players over a couple of years at that age as well.

He only started 7 games in 6 months at East fife. Hardly a glowing endorsement .Surely there must be better loan options out there to get an experienced body in.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I personally hope they don’t get a thin dime of cash from either the club or other fans

Damn right. There’s going to have to be a reckoning here. I’d have minded less if Gow and his collaborators, and the major shareholders who fell under his spell, had fronted up, showed some cajones and made their pitch to fans. But all this cloak and dagger pish shows a complete lack of integrity.  

And there’s a certain level of hell for those who use their position as past or current board members to threaten good investment. 

Here’s a question. The “consortium/ local business people” who were prepared to continue to help finance the academy back in the Campbell / Laing times.  Were they significant shareholders or did they just loose interest in investing in the club ?  Do any of them fall into this current jockeying for position within the club ?

11 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Here’s a question. The “consortium/ local business people” who were prepared to continue to help finance the academy back in the Campbell / Laing times.  Were they significant shareholders or did they just loose interest in investing in the club ?  Do any of them fall into this current jockeying for position within the club ?

If i mind right they were one of the parties that got pissed about and decided to walk away as i think what was our then MSG/BoD were whoring themselves waiting on the Indian bid and if i recall wasnt there an Italian party interested as well. its interesting the fact that the 2 ones that have direct connections to the town were the ones pissed about and decided to walk away.

7 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not up on company law either but Lex, DM and PH are definitely voting against the resolution to approve the share issue and Rawlins investment hence the problem the club/rest of the MSG now have in trying to get the vote to pass. The information I’ve been given (and I trust the source) is that they have done a deal privately with Gow who is indeed being backed by Lang, Thomson and another not previously connected which the club to sell they’re shares to him. 

The missing piece in this axis of evil can only really be EdiBairn  

8 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not up on company law either but Lex, DM and PH are definitely voting against the resolution to approve the share issue and Rawlins investment hence the problem the club/rest of the MSG now have in trying to get the vote to pass. The information I’ve been given (and I trust the source) is that they have done a deal privately with Gow who is indeed being backed by Lang, Thomson and another not previously connected which the club to sell they’re shares to him. 

Maybe this question has already been answered, but what form does this backing take? If Lang, for example, has no shares, involvement or influence in the club, what possible use is the backing of a failed, discredited ex-chairman to someone like Gow looking to buy a minority shareholding? Is it financial backing? Because the likes of her and Thomson sure as hell aren't adding any credibility. The same goes for this Rankine individual. No-one with the best interests of the club could possibly wish for the involvement (or re-involvement) of any of these characters. In the current climate any club would be delighted with the offer of investment from individuals with a reasonable track record. Except one. Wish the whole MSG would GTF in their entirety, been sickened with this mob for far too long. 

Yes, but surely he should have resigned earlier and should not be part of the BOD recommending a certain course of action to shareholders which he subsequently disapproves of and is voting against.
Doesn't seem right ?
Any company lawyers, please?

https://www.burges-salmon.com/news-and-insight/publications/the-responsibilities-and-duties-of-a-company-director/

You will find a reasonable summary there. I have studied company law but I cannot remember much about it unfortunately to give a suitable answer.

One of the most anticipated AGMs I can recall. Expect the unexpected?

I think the platform that is being used is not ideal. No interaction will kill it. “Have we scouted the juniors”

10 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

If i mind right they were one of the parties that got pissed about and decided to walk away as i think what was our then MSG/BoD were whoring themselves waiting on the Indian bid and if i recall wasnt there an Italian party interested as well. its interesting the fact that the 2 ones that have direct connections to the town were the ones pissed about and decided to walk away.

The first question that should be asked of any investor is. ' What's in it for you ? ' No other questions asked until it is answered in a satisfactory manner.

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

One of the most anticipated AGMs I can recall. Expect the unexpected?

I seem to recall the same sort of anticipation after the racism accusations but they always seem to get a pretty easy time of it.

Can those involved tonight try and get some answers about what the f**k is going on with Alan Gow and please make this a very uncomfortable evening for those that are holding our club back.

Give them hell. 

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

May well have scraped through by the sounds of it. 

Mate, what's with the red dots? That's about 60 you've given me in the past week or so.

Let me know if you've got an issue - feel free to drop me a DM - otherwise give it a fucking rest.