The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is there concrete proof that the Gow/Lang/Miller etc consortium is an actual thing?  

So far all communication around the AGM is about approving the share issue to allow the Rawlins investment.  Who/where has the Gow etc rumour started from and if true, why isn't anyone able to share details?  (Presumably they would be seeking to ratify it tomorrow night?) 

Excellent question.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, how is it that Lex is a director of FFC who is recommending the Resolutions per the Annual Accounts and Report and is still currently a Director as per Companies House a few days ago?

Not a lawyer but is that allowed?

Is it at the AGM that he is standing down? I presume till then he is a director?

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is it at the AGM that he is standing down? I presume till then he is a director?

By the looks yes 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/exclusive-long-serving-falkirk-director-step-down-2954051

Former Falkirk chairman Lex Miller will not seek re-election to the Bairns board at the club’s next AGM.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, how is it that Lex is a director of FFC who is recommending the Resolutions per the Annual Accounts and Report and is still currently a Director as per Companies House a few days ago?

Not a lawyer but is that allowed?

I’m not up on company law either but Lex, DM and PH are definitely voting against the resolution to approve the share issue and Rawlins investment hence the problem the club/rest of the MSG now have in trying to get the vote to pass. The information I’ve been given (and I trust the source) is that they have done a deal privately with Gow who is indeed being backed by Lang, Thomson and another not previously connected which the club to sell they’re shares to him. 

25 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

By the looks yes 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/exclusive-long-serving-falkirk-director-step-down-2954051

Former Falkirk chairman Lex Miller will not seek re-election to the Bairns board at the club’s next AGM.

Yes, but surely he should have resigned earlier and should not be part of the BOD recommending a certain course of action to shareholders which he subsequently disapproves of and is voting against.

Doesn't seem right ?

Any company lawyers, please?

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, but surely he should have resigned earlier and should not be part of the BOD recommending a certain course of action to shareholders which he subsequently disapproves of and is voting against.

Doesn't seem right ?

I completely agree but given his part in the actions of the past few years it just confirms what we knew all along he's a grade a c**t given the fact he would happily shaft the club at least SA seems to have the best interests of the club at heart but surely if there is a split in the MSG then its open to being exploited and doesnt SA and MR have the majority of the shares in the club ?

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Completely off topic so apologies but does anyone know what's happening on the defender front. We obviously had the trialist in the squad last Saturday, is he going to be signed or are we looking elsewhere?

Football forum for this pish

Is it still 3 games trialists are allowed to be a part of?

Edited by ilostmyself

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Doesn't seem right ?

Does any resignation not have to be ratified at the AGM though?  Doesn't seem right though as you say.