The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Isn’t that what the new guys that have joined the club are trying to do?
At what point do you start to get behind them again?…

Whenever a new face appears I have words with people who know who they are and ask for a character assassination on them.

They get a chance much the same as a new player signing for the club does.

If I'm honest I haven't been overly impressed by anyone coming in the door for a long while.

Maybe you can point me in the direction of who is impressing you?

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

For me the club have tried to make the changes we deserve and the continued lambasting of the Club is becoming tiresome and boring. 
The club has made considerable changes within the directors and for those who still hold grudges it’s time to either back off or choose another club to support.

You can get yourself so far to f*ck with that suggestion. I’ll take no lecture from you or anyone else with regards to supporting this Club. Those responsible for over a decade of gross mismanagement shall never be forgiven, not least whilst they remain in power!

38 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Seriously you couldn’t give a f....  who we sold the club too ? 
Without repeating myself there’s a huge shift change within the directors for change, and yes massive mistakes have been made for a long time and opinions are respected but you may be better suited to following another club....with respect 

Bantabairn telling everyone with a different opinion to his to go and support another club 🙈

Gaz makes some great points here and you’ve jumped past them all to the last sentence. If we continue to overlook all the f**k-ups, the f**k-ups will continue to happen...

Whenever a new face appears I have words with people who know who they are and ask for a character assassination on them.
They get a chance much the same as a new player signing for the club does.
If I'm honest I haven't been overly impressed by anyone coming in the door for a long while.
Maybe you can point me in the direction of who is impressing you?

I don’t think it’s about individuals, it’s about actions.
I wanted a management team that’s got a bond with the club. Got that and whilst it’ll take time, they have moved us forward.
Club needed to bring in quality players.....done that, although time will tell if they will be the success we all crave.
Club needed to stop bleeding cash. Looks like that’s being delivered.
Recognise the mistakes of the recent past. Clearly been acknowledged, although actions will count for more.
Bring in someone at the top with an understanding of the clubs faults and act accordingly. So far I’ve been impressed with Gary Deans and his comms.
Bring in outside investment and vision to move the club forward. That’s on offer but Thursday’s vote may scupper it unfortunately.
Open the club up to fans investment. In the pipeline.
For me that amounts to heading in the right direction....

9 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Tbh not to fussed with those who still hold grievances against whoever, every supporter has their own views on the current situation and I respect all.

The appointment of GD and the new directors are the new Falkirk albeit with huge challenges  to follow if the proposed Rawlins investment is accepted.
Failure to back and have Rawlins on board for me will lead to the demise of our club, no doubt we will soon find out.....

There’s a huge challenge underway anyway, the new board are ultimately still at the whim of the MSG. 
The bit that sticks for me is the chat that some shareholders are willing to scupper additional investment to get their shares sold which are probably worth f**k all anyway. Don’t put money into shares in s football club expecting either (a) a return via dividends or (b) your money back. 
The sensible thing for these guys to do here would be to protect their investment by allowing the Rawlins money to come in then sell something that has at least potential upside for the new folk coming in, leaving our club in a better state.

It’s clear to me, sell to messrs Gow and Co and it’s lights off imo. 

Falkirk Stadium / Who owns what ?

Phoned the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd and asked the obvious 'Who owns what'

Community Stadium owns the internals of the Main stand above 1st floor. Offices, meeting rooms, hospitality facilities etc. Parking area.

FFC own the two wing stands. The seating in the main stand and pitch side forward.

Questions regarding who owns what in FFC is a question for them. That correctly is not a question for the community stadium.

So there it is folks ! That's that debate put to bed.

Very interesting !

Which leads to the question

How much are a few offices, meeting rooms and hospitality facility together with a car park on the outskirts of Falkirk worth ?

My answer to that - Not a lot !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

48 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Community Stadium owns the the the internals of the Main stand above 1st floor. Offices, meeting rooms, hospitality facilities etc. Parking area.

FFC own the two wing stands. The seating in the main stand and pitch side forward.

Questions regarding who owns what in FFC is a question for them. That correctly is not a question for the community stadium.

Very interesting !

How much are a few offices, meeting rooms and hospitality facility together with a car park on the outskirts of Falkirk worth ?

So the club also own the ground story with the changing rooms aswell. This is always what I believed to be the case, the monoblock car park and the internal of the main stand out with the ground floor belong to the council. The pitch, main stand seats, north stand and ground floor belong to the club with SA owning the south stand. The club also own the land where any future developments of an east stand would be. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Is there concrete proof that the Gow/Lang/Miller etc consortium is an actual thing?  

So far all communication around the AGM is about approving the share issue to allow the Rawlins investment.  Who/where has the Gow etc rumour started from and if true, why isn't anyone able to share details?  (Presumably they would be seeking to ratify it tomorrow night?) 

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is there concrete proof that the Gow/Lang/Miller etc consortium is an actual thing?  

So far all communication around the AGM is about approving the share issue to allow the Rawlins investment.  Who/where has the Gow etc rumour started from and if true, why isn't anyone able to share details?  (Presumably they would be seeking to ratify it tomorrow night?) 

Its probably a rumour,  the end of the day no one knows the full extent to what Gows involvement with the club is,  i dont even think he would pony up with ML and AT and i fail to see how either of those would take the club forward in any meaningful sort of way at least Gow had his backers and a plan to move forward if he got preferred bidder over MC last year.

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

So the club also own the ground story with the changing rooms aswell. This is always what I believed to be the case, the monoblock car park and the internal of the main stand out with the ground floor belong to the council. The pitch, main stand seats, north stand and ground floor belong to the club with SA owning the south stand. The club also own the land where any future developments of an east stand would be. 

That's how I take it. The arrangement with SA and the South Stand is a business issue between SA and FFC. Most likely FFC deal with the Stadium Company on SA behalf for issues with South Stand - makes sense.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Community Stadium owns the the the internals of the Main stand above 1st floor. Offices, meeting rooms, hospitality facilities etc. Parking area.

Very interesting !

I'd charge them every time they step foot in the first floor. See how they get to the other floors then.😂

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Community Stadium owns the internals of the Main stand above 1st floor. Offices, meeting rooms, hospitality facilities etc. Parking area.

Very interesting !

People only wanted to debate this cause it suited them. I’ve provided the details around this a few times tbh.

it’s all very easy to find out especially now that you can check the land register online. 

The FFC ownership for the ‘wing stands’ is for North Stand only. South Stand is rented by club from Sandy Alexander so technically not owned at all. 

18 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

People only wanted to debate this cause it suited them. I’ve provided the details around this a few times tbh.

it’s all very easy to find out especially now that you can check the land register online. 

The FFC ownership for the ‘wing stands’ is for North Stand only. South Stand is rented by club from Sandy Alexander so technically not owned at all. 

For what looks like administration purposes the Stadium Company deals with matters relating to the South Stand through FFC who must have an agreement with SA to do so.