The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it is fair to add under the current constitution the club can exercise the right to buy any shareholders shares who wishes to sell if they own over 1% of the club.

Pre-emption rights, I think.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I think it’s fair to assume that GD needs to watch exactly what the comes from the club at present time 

Maybe but he also risks losing the vote by not highlighting its importance and explaining the exact lay of the land  to all the shareholders. His statement reads like a nothing to see here situation.

52 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Good luck with that. The majority of them will still be too busy falling over themselves to buy season tickets and 50/50s.

Exactly, for years the boards of FFC have taken the piss out the fanbase and the majority still rock up to part with hard earned dosh. These individuals are finance driven and the only way we were ever going to get change was to hit them in the pocket and not buy ST's, merchandise etc. but never going to happen.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Exactly, for years the boards of FFC have taken the piss out the fanbase and the majority still rock up to part with hard earned dosh. These individuals are finance driven and the only way we were ever going to get change was to hit them in the pocket and not buy ST's, merchandise etc. but never going to happen.

I don’t quite see how possibly putting our club into administration or worse ensures change for the better?
Frankly, we are all devoid if definite facts and I’d rather wait until after the AGM and see where the land lies......

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t quite see how possibly putting our club into administration or worse ensures change for the better?
Frankly, we are all devoid if definite facts and I’d rather wait until after the AGM and see where the land lies......

I'm not talking about just tonight. For years our board have made decisions that have hurt the club and the majority of our fanbase have done nothing apart from the protest at the back of the stand a couple of seasons ago. The fact a club with our fanbase find ourselves competing in the 3rd division of Scottish football for a second season is disgraceful in itself before we even start on scrapping the youth set up, accusing fans of racism, treating long serving employees like shit etc etc.

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I made the decision this year to not renew my season ticket as did my son,i have not put a penny into the club  this year and it is looking like the right move.

This is my second season that I've not renewed. The end of the relegation season absolutely sickened me. I retired in the September of that year after working shifts for years snd taking holidays, swapping shifts etc to get to games but I had just had enough and decided I wasn't giving them the money. I obviously still love the club but we desperately need change.

FFS give it a break, I like many fans are choosing to support the club by buying the tickets. It’s a low source of income that helps pay for the lights and the shite rolls.... 

Indeed. Most of the chat on here is about how the club must shell out for certain players in certain positions but many want to complain but not contribute.I don’t want to see the innocent at our club made redundant as they will suffer before the board if there’s no income.Players like Keena, Dowds, Alston etc would not be at the club unless some of us are willing to invest to keep it going.

I don’t disagree with any of those who have complained about what goes on behind the scenes, but it’s hardly a unique situation and on the whole I think we are starting to steer more in the right direction after some appalling mismanagement, predominantly by previous management.

I’ll change my position if some of the named Gow cohorts get into power, but for now all I have seen is speculation and nothing that can be confirmed as factual...

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm not talking about just tonight. For years our board have made decisions that have hurt the club and the majority of our fanbase have done nothing apart from the protest at the back of the stand a couple of seasons ago. The fact a club with our fanbase find ourselves competing in the 3rd division of Scottish football for a second season is disgraceful in itself before we even start on scrapping the youth set up, accusing fans of racism, treating long serving employees like shit etc etc.

The way the board treat the fans is a disgrace and also the people who do work for them free for years as well.We asked for help from the board and were turned down.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely agree, guys like Alston Keena Dowds Morrison and the existing two year deal players, will all be on decent wages, most likely way above this division and most likely close to the top two/three championship clubs. 
For me the club have tried to make the changes we deserve and the continued lambasting of the Club is becoming tiresome and boring. 
The club has made considerable changes within the directors and for those who still hold grudges it’s time to either back off or choose another club to support.

I think since GD has been appointed to the board what he has put forward and very much what he has said has been the right things and is well aware of whats went wrong at the club the issue is there are still those that would rather see FFC be completely fucked than give any quarter to the fanbase.  So its not so much directed at the board its those individuals that would rather see Falkirk sold to those who would do even more and irreparable damage to the club its not for the betterment of the club its for their own betterment regardless who takes over the club.

More damage to the club?

That's a good 1

We finished 24th last season in Scotland even though we are around the 10th biggest club

We don't own very much of the stadium which is miles from finished even though we've been in it 16 years.

Our turnover of players recently would make Vladimir Romanov wince.

We haven't won a meaningful cup in 63 years.

We would get laughed out of town by giants of the game like Livi and Hamilton if we met them in a cup tie.

What exactly is left to damage?????

Right now we are a car that drove off the cliff edge and as it explodes on the ground you're hoping the magic fucking tree is salvageable.

I couldn't give a f**k who we sold the club too. There is nothing left of the fucker.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Spot on.   The way they handled the racism crap will never be forgotten either. 

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Seriously you couldn’t give a f....  who we sold the club too ? 
Without repeating myself there’s a huge shift change within the directors for change, and yes massive mistakes have been made for a long time and opinions are respected but you may be better suited to following another club....with respect 

Some way to talk to someone with 33 years under his belt and an ST since I started working but that's your opinion.

See when you're at rock fuckin bottom the beauty is you've f**k all to lose.

I don't give a shiny shit what the bellends currently running the club are promising because they've all had their chance and can now go f**k themselves.

Let new people in with new ideas and chase the wasters who've been there too long and dragged us down

Some way to talk to someone with 33 years under his belt and an ST since I started working but that's your opinion.

See when you're at rock fuckin bottom the beauty is you've f**k all to lose.
I don't give a shiny shit what the bellends currently running the club are promising because they've all had their chance and can now go f**k themselves.
Let new people in with new ideas and chase the wasters who've been there too long and dragged us down

Isn’t that what the new guys that have joined the club are trying to do?
At what point do you start to get behind them again?…