The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

The more small shareholders like ourselves lodge a vote, the more the board need to take notice.
I’d say do what you need to to get it in.
You either put x in the FOR resolution box or leave blank to give Gary Deans the right to decide.

Cheers, will nip over and grab the stuff just now.

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The more small shareholders like ourselves lodge a vote, the more the board need to take notice.
I’d say do what you need to to get it in.
You either put x in the FOR resolution box or leave blank to give Gary Deans the right to decide.

Three votes in from our house in injury time.:lol:

I am still fearful about the result however I am sure the club, having spent a long time working with Rawlins, won’t lie down and see him disappear over the hill without a fight.

If it does go the wrong way I think it will finally galvanise the support into action to ensure this club we all love gets back on the front foot.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am still fearful about the result however I am sure the club, having spent a long time working with Rawlins, won’t lie down and see him disappear over the hill without a fight.

If it does go the wrong way I think it will finally galvanise the support into action to ensure this club we all love gets back on the front foot.

How do you see it playing out if it doesn’t go the way we want? Gow chased and a renegotiation with the Rawlins?

18 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

What is the story with Gow? He seemed to be announced in this role and then we’ve heard f**k all. Is he a paid employee of the club? Has he just wormed his way in to boost his takeover bid? Are his croanies bad news?

Is anyone able to clarify this for me ^

How do you see it playing out if it doesn’t go the way we want? Gow chased and a renegotiation with the Rawlins?

Would there not be an extraordinary general meeting to discuss the situation? Especially if the vote is over 50% but not 75%, and the fans protest loud enough?

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's an employee of the club so I presume we need to watch what we're doing when it comes to chasing him. 

So did we employ him knowing he had his own agenda or did he worm his way in to enhance his takeover bid? Something doesn’t seem right. Why has there been nothing but silence about his role/plans/intentions?

He's an employee of the club so I presume we need to watch what we're doing when it comes to chasing him. 

He will have little or not rights having been with us 2 months tops

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Would there not be an extraordinary general meeting to discuss the situation? Especially if the fans protest loud enough?

I’ve no idea. I’m trying to piece this together. I am amazed that we might be about to f**k this up...again

Just reading this from Gary Deans, “Finally, you may have seen recent press reports that we are involved in a “takeover fight”. I can confirm that we have had no proposals for investment from anyone other than Phil and Carrie Rawlins. A number of local business people have discussed investing in the club with us, but these discussions are at a very early stage. We very much welcome these discussions.”
If we believe this, is it not just the case that some of the board want to sell up and don’t want a share dilution rather than any truth in this Gow consortium, being the stumbling block?
I can’t see a hostile bid from within being the issue and Gary Deans doesn’t appear to be suggesting this either?…

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Would there not be an extraordinary general meeting to discuss the situation? Especially if the vote is over 50% but not 75%, and the fans protest loud enough?

Good luck with that. The majority of them will still be too busy falling over themselves to buy season tickets and 50/50s.

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just reading this from Gary Deans, “Finally, you may have seen recent press reports that we are involved in a “takeover fight”. I can confirm that we have had no proposals for investment from anyone other than Phil and Carrie Rawlins. A number of local business people have discussed investing in the club with us, but these discussions are at a very early stage. We very much welcome these discussions.”
If we believe this, is it not just the case that some of the board want to sell up and don’t want a share dilution rather than any truth in this Gow consortium, being the stumbling block?
I can’t see a hostile bid from within being the issue and Gary Deans doesn’t appear to be suggesting this either?…

The Gow / Lang / Thomson consortium is real, I think what’s happened is a deal has been done privately between Gow, the 2 breakaway members of the MSG and Healy to buy those shares and the three shareholders want to pursue that as opposed to the share issue and Rawlins investment. Either way it would have to be ratified via an AGM/EGM so if the resolution is not approved on Thursday we have a stale mate, I’ve no idea what happens after that. I just hope there is some sort of plan B and Rawlins doesn’t decide to walk and look elsewhere. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

The Gow / Lang / Thomson consortium is real, I think what’s happened is a deal has been done privately between Gow, the 2 MSG and Healy to buy those shares and the three shareholders want to pursue that as opposed to the share issue and Rawlins investment. Either way it would have to be ratified via an AGM/EGM so if the resolution is not approved on Thursday we have a stale mate, I’ve no idea what happens after that. I just hope there is some sort of plan B and Rawlins doesn’t decide to walk and look elsewhere. 

I think it is fair to add under the current constitution the club can exercise the right to buy any shareholders shares who wishes to sell if they own over 1% of the club.

Gow will prob have his indian backers in on this whatever the long term plan is i dont know though i did  hear his pitch and vision for the future was quite impressive before they started falling over themselves with MC, Lang and Thompson can gtf with their involvement thats got us to this shitty situation in the first place.

Whatever it is theres obv one side that want fan and community involvement and the other side wants the fans to have no say or involvement in the club whatsoever.