The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Got the proxy in along with the rest of the family. 

Very concerning if Falkirk09bairn isn’t at the wind up here.

He's becoming as popular as DPB and his views on Covid

Probably posting more tonight than I usually do on here due to the fact I’m utter perplexed at the thought of this not being passed and even further annoyed at the likely repercussions. The last few years have been an absolute nightmare. I can’t begin to think of our club becoming even worse than where we currently are. I never for a minute thought we would be out of the Premiership for this long on the day we were relegated at Rugby Park , yet we couldn’t be further away from it if we tried. The thought of becoming an Airdrie or Clyde, with all due respect, drives me insane . It’s time we make change, this is our chance. I say our, it’s the shareholder’s chance. Future of the club lies with you. 

If things remain the same then i can see a lot of support opting to stay away, never mind threats of season ticket boycotts in the past and fans threatening to stay away this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Got the proxy in along with the rest of the family.   

Very concerning if Falkirk09bairn isn’t at the wind up here.

I genuinely don’t think he’s old enough to vote.

He’s also almost certainly on the wind up as he’s taken an opposing position to me since I criticised him for something else on Saturday morning, so been looking to rather childishly get his own back.

Been on a red dotting spree at me ever since. I have, of course, returned the favour...[emoji3]

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

If the Rawlings are blocked it's time for pitchforks and torches outside the entrance to the stadium, social distanced of course.

Genuinely up for this. High time there was sustainable and meaningful change.

I’m sure the other shareholders who want or need out can be bought out by folk alongside Rawlings rather than this hideous either or choice that’s being presented. 

5 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

If the Rawlings are blocked it's time for pitchforks and torches outside the entrance to the stadium, social distanced of course.

That happened already. Then the vast majority of people just ponied up their cash as usual. Nothing will happen while you've still got zoomers buying 13 50/50 tickets from Falkirk instead of watching the game on Montrose's stream.

The MSG view us as customers at best. Withdraw your custom and they will listen.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That happened already. Then the vast majority of people just ponied up their cash as usual. Nothing will happen while you've still got zoomers buying 13 50/50 tickets from Falkirk instead of watching the game on Montrose's stream.

The MSG view us as customers at best. Withdraw your custom and they will listen.

Sorry but the two members of the MSG and Paul Healy that are planning to vote against the resolution won’t give a monkeys if fans stop buying  tickets. It doesn’t effect them in the slightest and only hurts the club in the short term, not them personally. Especially PH who lives in England and has nothing to do with the club other than own a few shares. Withdrawing season ticket money does not effect the vote at this AGM in any way what so ever.  The best and only way to influence it and allow the Rawlins investment is by making sure all the smaller shareholders make there voices heard by getting they’re votes in hopefully compensating for the two MSG that are not backing the resolution. Bare in mind 4 of the 6 from the MSG support the Rawlins investment and will be voting in favour. The fans still own 30% of the club, it’s a chance if all the small shareholders vote together to actually make that number count. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just checked that Lex is still a Director.

As a director, Lex has a duty to do what is right by the club. If there is a conflict of interest, ie refusing the resolution for his own financial gain, then he could be in hot water

I am genuinely saddened and confused by all this. Who hired Gow? What was the process? Why are we chasing away people with a real track record of turning round clubs much bigger than ours? Why are Thompson and Lang and co trying to get back in?

The message I got was that there is a real chance if us being out of business next year if this doesn't go through. My feeling now is of complete and utter helplessness as I watch these arrogant individuals inflict death by a thousand cuts on the football team I love.

30 minutes ago, FTID1876 said:

As a director, Lex has a duty to do what is right by the club. If there is a conflict of interest, ie refusing the resolution for his own financial gain, then he could be in hot water

Yes, this what I don’t get.

As per the Annual Report it states that the Directors (including Lex) support the Resolutions.

Lex is currently shown at Companies House as being a Director.

Therefore how can he NOT vote for the Resolutions?

Not a company lawyer but this seems strange.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Sorry but the two members of the MSG and Paul Healy that are planning to vote against the resolution won’t give a monkeys if fans stop buying  tickets. It doesn’t effect them in the slightest and only hurts the club in the short term, not them personally. Especially PH who lives in England and has nothing to do with the club other than own a few shares. Withdrawing season ticket money does not effect the vote at this AGM in any way what so ever.  The best and only way to influence it and allow the Rawlins investment is by making sure all the smaller shareholders make there voices heard by getting they’re votes in hopefully compensating for the two MSG that are not backing the resolution. Bare in mind 4 of the 6 from the MSG support the Rawlins investment and will be voting in favour. The fans still own 30% of the club, it’s a chance if all the small shareholders vote together to actually make that number count. 

If a company isn't making any money then shares in it aren't worth a great deal.

Lex has came out publicly though saying he is stepping down and emigrating to Australia (though with this pandemic that might not be for a while) and given Kev Beatties comments when he stepped down to bully allegations against AT why would anyone want him back at the club, ML will forever be associated with CC so to allow them back would be a massive step backwards.  So unless Gow is will to step in and provide the money with his Indian backers then it’s a no brainier for those to vote for the Rawlings option but this is Scottish football and Falkirk for that matter so common sense has rarely came into play.