The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But I've got to vote now though.  It's too late by then.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but It’s never to late to air your grievances if you don’t like the process. If the resolution fails which is likely and there is an EGM in the following months you cant credibly complain if the same thing happens again and you haven’t bothered to even ask why. Personally I do feel I have enough information to know I’d like the Rawlins investment to be accepted but that only my opinion, if you feel otherwise you need to put it down in the form of a question or statement to be read at the AGM. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

23 minutes ago, grahamston said:

Just to be clear about one thing: the AGM isn’t being asked to rubber stamp the Rawlins and reject Gow, or anyone else. All they’re voting for is to allow the club to issue more shares. That in turn would allow the Rawlins to invest as they’ve said they want to do. But it would also allow fans and anyone else to do the same.  Rawlins at least has faced up his offer.  If Gow and associates are interested, he’s had plenty of opportunity to do the same.  Voting down the share issue stops any of that.

So if I'm clear here. The Rawlins want to buy new shares. The other interest want to buy current shares and that's why miller etc are against the motion as they want to sell their shares to gows mob?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Folk falling over themselves to brag that they voted for something they know nothing about. Have a think about that for a little minute. Any one who votes without the full details in front of them is a moron. 

If you don't vote for this clearly it is you who is the moron, I mean without knowing all the details, you know the Rawlins have had success at two clubs, what more would you actually need? If this is rejected it will be our biggest mistake ever made potentially.

7 minutes ago, grahamston said:

Just to be clear about one thing: the AGM isn’t being asked to rubber stamp the Rawlins and reject Gow, or anyone else. All they’re voting for is to allow the club to issue more shares. That in turn would allow the Rawlins to invest as they’ve said they want to do. But it would also allow fans and anyone else to do the same.  Rawlins at least has faced up his offer.  If Gow and associates are interested, he’s had plenty of opportunity to do the same.  Voting down the share issue stops any of that.

This would suggest the likelihood is those voting against the motion are shareholders that fear their holding losing value.

And are therefore voting in their own, rather than the clubs interest 🤔

Perhaps they could consider that with increased capital input and expertise come greater success and (presumably) increased share value.

What might the longer term implications be if the motion isn't passed? Muddle through and hope for the best, same old same old?

Because thats worked well

Now I'm still not 100 percent clear on things but cannot see why allowing the club to sell more shares can really be a bad thing when we badly need investment due to the current climate. Aslong as this is open to other fans as well as the Rawlins. Nothing surely to stop gows gang buying new shares if they are desperate to invest is there? The fact that certain individuals on here seem against it has made me feel I'm glad I voted for now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The fact the deadline has been pushed back and the club have made a statement encouraging all shareholders to vote shows how tight this is going to be. We're going to be left disappointed by the MSG again aren't we. Time after time we get told that the MSG want change as well yet their actions completely differ from that stance. Shafting the fans left right and centre as always.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact the deadline has been pushed back and the club have made a statement encouraging all shareholders to vote shows how tight this is going to be. We're going to be left disappointed by the MSG again aren't we. Time after time we get told that the MSG want change as well yet their actions completely differ from that stance. Shafting the fans left right and centre as always.

In fairness it’s only two out of the six MSG that are said to be obstructing this investment, the other four are all voting in favour of the resolution.. Hopefully the minor shareholders can rally and make up the votes needed to compensate 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

If this does fail, there’ll be a rush to find out why.  It’d be a scandal if fans weren’t told.  Different large and major shareholders appear to have different reasons and I think that’s important.

Those aligning themselves with Gow and the other alleged conspirators should face the figurative or metaphorical tar and feathers for their underhand methods and unwillingness to face-front in their engagement.  Gow himself should never consider himself welcome even travelling between M9 junctions 3 and 9 - it’s now a zero sum game for him. 

But others could still speak out and explain their position if they had different, unconnected reasons.  They could still do so even before the vote rather than be lumped in with that lot. 

4 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I haven’t been paying attention to all this, the way the season ended last year kind of scunnered me.

I have a proxy form, what do I fill in? Do I just sign and date it?

Presuming you approve of the share issue and the Rawlins investment put an x in the box’s and vote FOR the resolutions. You can take a picture and email it to the club or drop it off at the stadium before 5pm tomorrow.