The Falkirk FC Thread

There seems to me to be far too much going on to ask folk to vote before the AGM actually takes place. I've voted but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't now as the whole situation seems to be a complete shambles.  Can't help feeling that Deans isn't being fully open about the whole situation either and whilst that may be in his view in the best interests of the club it's not the way to go if you ask me.  The full extent of the situation should be laid out to shareholders before any vote is taken and then we can decide for ourselves. 

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There seems to me to be far too much going on to ask folk to vote before the AGM actually takes place. I've voted but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't now as the whole situation seems to be a complete shambles.  Can't help feeling that Deans isn't being fully open about the whole situation either and whilst that may be in his view in the best interests of the club it's not the way to go if you ask me.  The full extent of the situation should be laid out to shareholders before any vote is taken and then we can decide for ourselves. 

Why don’t you just submit any questions you have as was requested prior to the AGM. It looks like the Rawlins investment won’t happen as I don’t think the club have the numbers to vote it through now anyway 

9 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Folk falling over themselves to brag that they voted for something they know nothing about. Have a think about that for a little minute. Any one who votes without the full details in front of them is a moron. 

Away back to school son 😀.....

24 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Folk falling over themselves to brag that they voted for something they know nothing about. Have a think about that for a little minute. Any one who votes without the full details in front of them is a moron. 

Would love to know your thoughts on the whole Brexit thing! 

23 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why don’t you just submit any questions you have as was requested prior to the AGM. It looks like the Rawlins investment won’t happen as I don’t think the club have the numbers to vote it through now anyway 

But what's the point of that as you wouldn't get your answers till after you've voted so it would've completely pointless.

I must say that Gows return in a vaguely defined executive role and subsequent efforts to recast himself as a 'former fan favourite' and apparent fan of the club (neither of which are my recollection from the time) makes more sense now.

As a non shareholder Ive no horse in this race, but as a fan Im concerned less by the motivations (bottom line is everyone wants to make money) and more about the character and ability of those vying for control here.

On the face of it the Rawlins come over well, have the money to invest and a proven track record of successfully developing football clubs.

The Gow consortium I know really nothing about, and he himself has not been particularly prominent since his appointment.

What I would say is that this is a great opportunity for smaller shareholders to stick the boot in to some of the larger shareholders who have castigated the fanbase repeatedly and taken that support for granted on many occasions in the recent past. You know, without wanting to send too petty about it 😉

Edited by Senator Frimpton

9 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I must say that Gows return in a vaguely defined executive role and subsequent efforts to recast himself as a 'former fan favourite' and apparent fan of the club (neither of which are my recollection from the time) makes more sense now.

As a non shareholder Ive no horse in this race, but as a fan Im concerned less by the motivations (bottom line is everyone wants to make money) and more about the character and ability of those vying for control here.

On the face of it the Rawlins come over well, have the money to invest and a proven track record of successfully developing football clubs.

The Gow consortium I know really nothing about, and he himself has not been particularly prominent since his appointment.

What I would say is that this is a great opportunity for smaller shareholders to stick the boot in to some of those individuals on the board who have castigated the fanbase repeatedly and taken that support for granted on many occasions in the recent past. You know, without wanting to send too petty about it 😉

Don't think there is any of them left on the board to be honest. It's shareholders that are blocking this is it not ?

If there is another proposal why are we not being told / warned about it?

Why was Gow appointed by the bod in the first place if he doesn't have the same future plans for the club as they do?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Don't think there is any of them left on the board to be honest. It's shareholders that are blocking this is it not ?

If there is another proposal why are we not being told / warned about it?

You're correct, I should have said shareholders rather than board members, as they still wield the actual control ultimately. Edited now

For christ sake, being offered a sizeable amount of money for a minority shareholding from a source that has a proven track record, no strings attached.  WTF.  What kind of idiot objects to that?   Sometimes I hate the mentality of some of our support.   If the Rawlings investment doesn't happen due to opposition from these people then we deserve to stagnate in the bottom rungs of Scottish football and be the laughingstock we deserve to be.  

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But what's the point of that as you wouldn't get your answers till after you've voted so it would've completely pointless.

If you have questions to ask then ask them regardless, no point in having a moan about it on here. There is a platform to pose any queries at the AGM so use it. Have you submitted any questions?  I don’t think the Rawlins investment is going to be accepted now anyway, numbers don’t look like adding up. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

18 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

For christ sake, being offered a sizeable amount of money for a minority shareholding from a source that has a proven track record, no strings attached.  WTF.  What kind of idiot objects to that?   Sometimes I hate the mentality of some of our support.   If the Rawlings investment doesn't happen due to opposition from these people then we deserve to stagnate in the bottom rungs of Scottish football and be the laughingstock we deserve to be.  

If its a straight choice between high end expertise with cash investment or free lunches for Lex Miller and people still dont know which way to vote, then I'm probably done with it personally. Its not good for the general wellbeing

Seen the post earlier with the ML, AT and Gow thing was it not AT that threatened Kev Beatttie which resulted in him resigning from the Board ?, ML presided over the closure of the academy not to mention CC and the appointment of RM and dont even go there with the whole tapping thing, Gows involvement as mentioned doesnt make sense and is a conflict of interest so why would anyone in their right mind vote for more which got the club into our current sh*tey situation 

9 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

No strings attached ffs. It’s fucking Mark Campbell all over again. Jump into bed at the first sign of interest regardless of the actual meat on the bones. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic. 

You honestly thick Rawlins is comparable character/businessman to MC? Have you done any research on the Rawlins? 

4 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

No strings attached ffs. It’s fucking Mark Campbell all over again. Jump into bed at the first sign of interest regardless of the actual meat on the bones. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic. 

Rawlins took Stoke to established Premiership club and established Orlando from a minor league team to an established MLS side managing to capture Kaka wants fan and local involvement in the club, has a sh*t load of contacts in football.

MC had a taxi firm in Bexley, recovering M and M addict  bribe of fans tickets to a keane concert (Keane ffs), does well in the coffee business with no actual coffee shops, couldnt explain where the money to buy the club was coming from, sexual harrassment allegations, had a property empire in the us but couldnt mention the property he sold

its not anywhere close to MC again.

Edited by AL-FFC

6 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

If youre referring to the Rawlins bid, no-one said no strings. Their record speaks for itself: invest, increase value of investment, sell for profit. Stoke City and Orlando City being clear examples of this.

Mark Campbells record is all hot air and sexual misdemeanour allegations.

Gows intentions might be sound, but thats a better example of no meat on the bones in fact. Given he hasnt made them clear