The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No offence, but that sounds like a Project Fear story. 

I'm pretty sure ML cut all ties with the club when the rest of the BOD basically forced her out. The thought of her getting involved again - and doing so with AT - seems unlikely. 

What if she has a chip on the shoulder due to rightly being forced out?

31 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Was told today that the MSG members who are not backing it are in favour of another bid -  which is also getting pushed/backed by, wait for it.....Margaret Lang and Andy Thompson (who I believe also has a fair chunk of shares).

We get the club we deserve if that happens. And I will probably have to find some other hobby. 

Our shitebag support will probably break out the welcome banners. 

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Surely the main players are SA and MR and I would guess they are on side.

They are but unfortunately LM, DM and PH are not hence the need for the minor shareholders to help vote this through. Our vote actually matters this AGM and could make the difference 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Sitting here with my head in my hands reading this.

Being stuck down in the netherworld forever, with permanent boardroom shenanigans and a spiraling quality of team is a real risk.

Real existential stuff, or Clyde/Airdrie meaninglessness could lie ahead.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd be very surprised at Margaret Lang getting involved in anything again with those shareholders after the way she was treated by the rest of them the last time. 

No no Shadwell, the new posters are " bang on" with their info, even if they'll disappear like snow off a dyke as soon as the vote is closed and their cheerleading is done. 

I don't have any ITK knowledge of boardroom shenanigans as it was never an area that interested me, as one or two folk who know me personally will confirm. I have no skin in this game. And from what I can see from public statements the Rawlins investment appears to be sound. They have a proven football background, money to spare, experience that will be useful and credible reasons for wanting to get involved. 

It seems ideal for us with no obvious downsides. Were I a shareholder I would be voting for it. 

Do you know what puts me off? The only thing I can find fault with? 

The PR effort that's gone into promoting this and rubbishing a possible alternative. Not so much on official channels but on various fan forums. The scare stories, the cheerleading, the reliable sources who only seem to give out information that points one way.  All of it makes me uneasy. It smacks of trying to manipulate people to get the result you want which I'm not comfortable with from a football club. 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think some sort of demonstration is due IF we pass up on this deal. Okay they are a buy low sell high couple but with that in mind they will do their upmost to increase the share price. If I had a couple of hundred grand spare I would think we are a great investment opportunity.

In the current climate? There's only one effective form of protest and the fans will not take it, as has been proved time and time and time again. Not going to change now and far, far too late anyway. They'll simply carry on business as usual, just as they did after the Campbell disgrace last season.

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:No no Shadwell, the new posters are " bang on" with their info, even if they'll disappear like snow off a dyke as soon as the vote is closed and their cheerleading is done. 

I don't have any ITK knowledge of boardroom shenanigans as it was never an area that interested me, as one or two folk who know me personally will confirm. I have no skin in this game. And from what I can see from public statements the Rawlins investment appears to be sound. They have a proven football background, money to spare, experience that will be useful and credible reasons for wanting to get involved. 

It seems ideal for us with no obvious downsides. Were I a shareholder I would be voting for it. 

Do you know what puts me off? The only thing I can find fault with? 

The PR effort that's gone into promoting this and rubbishing a possible alternative. Not so much on official channels but on various fan forums. The scare stories, the cheerleading, the reliable sources who only seem to give out information that points one way.  All of it makes me uneasy. It smacks of trying to manipulate people to get the result you want which I'm not comfortable with from a football club. 

That’d be valid if those opposing the resolutions were offering a competing vision or any alternative. A lot of effort has been expended on official channels explaining Rawlins etc proposition.

But this opportunity is at stake because folk who refuse to break cover are operating on the shadows.  That’s where the manipulation is - it rests with Gow and those behind him, and that’s the danger to our club.