The Falkirk FC Thread

Can anyone explain the percentage splits here rather than speculate on numbers please?…

Remember they only need 75% of the vote not the shareholders to get it through.

MSG is 62% plus Paul Healy it is about 70%.

Small shareholders 30%

I believe at least three have yet to back the plan so that means about 22% of the 2,400,000 shares. They may of course still back it.

So if only 50% of the small shareholders vote I favour the “yes” vote would be about 72/73%. Hence the need for the small shareholders to vote if those larger shareholders decide not to back the plan.

I think my numbers are near as dam there or thereabouts. I am basing my calculations on just over 2,000,000 of the 2,400,000 votes being cast

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Rawlins is from Stoke not America, listen to the WDHS interview if you want to hear more on how he sees things going forward for the club, his reasons for investing and about how in depth the discussion with the board has been over the last 6 months, this isn’t something that just came about in the last few weeks, GD has written to all shareholders advising us all to vote for the resolution because they believe both the investment he brings and his skill set add value to the club going forward.  If you look at his track record at Stoke  he invested when the club was at a low then sold after two promotions (presumably at a profit) Or in the case of Orlando invested at the birth of the club before selling up leaving them as a major league team, again presumably selling at a profit. If you do a bit of research you’ll find his personal history pre football as far as his business interests go make quite impressive reading as well. 
If we don’t vote to accept the investment (which is possible if the rumoured split in the MSG is true) it will be a massive missed opportunity for the club IMO. At 26% this would make Rawlins the single biggest shareholder but would still not have a controlling say without having the other big hitters or minor shareholders on board hence minimising any long term risks to the club. I’d encourage any minor shareholders to use they’re vote as It may be needed, looking at the numbers the smaller shareholders are going to make the difference and there is a real risk if (as rumoured) a couple of the MSG vote against then the full thing never gets off the ground. The minor shareholders (the fans) hold about 36% of the shareholding, this is chance to vote together on an occasion where it actually makes a tangible difference.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/260570/5937460?s=08

Thanks for that was very informative.

I listened to the podcast with the Rawlings',    They sound legit and have all the correct motivations.  If the vote fails at the AGM we should have a long hard look at ourselves.   There is no hope for our club if we turn away someone willing to throw money at us (something as rare as hens teeth), to build the club up so they can eventually make a profit when they sell their part in a more successful club.  Who the hell would not welcome that.  The board should have mounted a more high profile campaign promoting the Rawlings investment and it's importance to the future of our club.  I'm not a shareholder, but if I was I would be voting for their investment for sure.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just vote via email before 5 tomorrow. Not difficult

I just think it would be far better to hear all parties at the AGM and then vote on the night instead of voting in advance. Seems incredible that in this day and age that can't be facilitated.

I think Im still registered at my old address so I have not received the AGM pack.
I’ve contacted the club to ask how I can vote tomorrow.
Don’t think I’ll be the only person in this situation....

I think Im still registered at my old address so I have not received the AGM pack.
I’ve contacted the club to ask how I can vote tomorrow.
Don’t think I’ll be the only person in this situation....

I agree in fact I know of two others who were
In the same situation

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine the MSG get this binned.....

Was told today that the MSG members who are not backing it are in favour of another bid -  which is also getting pushed/backed by, wait for it.....Margaret Lang and Andy Thompson (who I believe also has a fair chunk of shares).

11 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Was told today that the MSG members who are not backing it are in favour of another bid -  which is also getting pushed/backed by, wait for it.....Margaret Lang and Andy Thompson (who I believe also has a fair chunk of shares).

Sell The Falkirk Stadium and build flats on it. I hate this club.

15 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just done it although my holding is very small.

14 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

No offence, but that sounds like a Project Fear story. 

I'm pretty sure ML cut all ties with the club when the rest of the BOD basically forced her out. The thought of her getting involved again - and doing so with AT - seems unlikely. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm pretty sure ML cut all ties with the club when the rest of the BOD basically forced her out. The thought of her getting involved again - and doing so with AT - seems unlikely. 

I don’t think she had any shares 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe he’s bang on, I was given those same names along with Neil Rankine straight from a current board member as the people behind the Alan Gow bid. LM DM and PM want to sell they’re shares to this group hence the reason they are voting against the club purchasing the shareholding to be redistributed to Rawlins via the share issue.