The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Ironically, Durnan played the ball though for Francis’ goal and Hall played the ball through for Miller to win the penalty. To me, it looks as though Dowds lost his man at the corner. 

Aye, it was a combination of Dowds losing his man and Francis waiting for the ball to meet his head. Can't blame Hall & Durnan for that one.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Americans never ! never invest unless there is a return in it for them.

They have to be up front on what they are putting in and contributing to the club with their marketing , contacts , business management. How long they plan to have investment with the club. What is there exit strategy.

I have no problem with them wanting a return on their investment, its delusional to think otherwise.

Just tell the shareholders and if its fair they will get near 100% voting for it.

Rawlins is from Stoke not America, listen to the WDHS interview if you want to hear more on how he sees things going forward for the club, his reasons for investing and about how in depth the discussion with the board has been over the last 6 months, this isn’t something that just came about in the last few weeks, GD has written to all shareholders advising us all to vote for the resolution because they believe both the investment he brings and his skill set add value to the club going forward.  If you look at his track record at Stoke  he invested when the club was at a low then sold after two promotions (presumably at a profit) Or in the case of Orlando invested at the birth of the club before selling up leaving them as a major league team, again presumably selling at a profit. If you do a bit of research you’ll find his personal history pre football as far as his business interests go make quite impressive reading as well. 
If we don’t vote to accept the investment (which is possible if the rumoured split in the MSG is true) it will be a massive missed opportunity for the club IMO. At 26% this would make Rawlins the single biggest shareholder but would still not have a controlling say without having the other big hitters or minor shareholders on board hence minimising any long term risks to the club. I’d encourage any minor shareholders to use they’re vote as It may be needed, looking at the numbers the smaller shareholders are going to make the difference and there is a real risk if (as rumoured) a couple of the MSG vote against then the full thing never gets off the ground. The minor shareholders (the fans) hold about 36% of the shareholding, this is chance to vote together on an occasion where it actually makes a tangible difference.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/260570/5937460?s=08

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Mis type

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Rawlins is from Stoke not America, listen to the WDHS interview if you want to hear more on how he sees things going forward for the club, his reasons for investing and about how in depth the discussion with the board has been over the last 6 months, this isn’t something that just came about in the last few weeks, GD has written to all shareholders advising us all to vote for the resolution because they believe both the investment he brings and his skill set add value to the club going forward.  If you look at his track record at Stoke  he invested when the club was at a low then sold after two promotions (presumably at a profit) Or in the case of Orlando invested at the birth of the club before selling up leaving them as a major league team, again presumably selling at a profit. If you do a bit of research you’ll find his personal history pre football as far as his business interests go make quite impressive reading as well. 
If we don’t vote to accept the investment (which is possible if the rumoured split in the MSG is true) it will be a massive missed opportunity for the club IMO. At 26% this would make Rawlins the single biggest shareholder but would still not have a controlling say without having the other big hitters or minor shareholders on board hence minimising any long term risks to the club. I’d encourage any minor shareholders to use they’re vote as It may be needed, looking at the numbers the smaller shareholders are going to make the difference and there is a real risk if (as rumoured) a couple of the MSG vote against then the full thing never gets off the ground. The minor shareholders (the fans) hold about 36% of the shareholding, this is chance to vote together on an occasion where it actually makes a tangible difference.

Hiya Phil, hiya pal.

Excellent podcast. If we do move forward with this then we may see the back of our behind the scenes troubles. The academy was a big loss but don't expect it to start and be successful overnight. Times have changed

5 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:
5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Surely not even we can vote against this ??

I have certainly voted for the resolutions, hope all minor shareholders do the same.

My feeling is though that I can't help we are feeling railroaded into voting for this a bit . I'm not saying it's not the way to go I just think getting votes in before the AGM is a bit questionable.  To me we should be listening to presentations on the night regarding the plans. Then listening to any alternatives if any or any reasons why if any that some individuals don't think it's the right way to go and then voting accordingly after that. I don't feel it's right to vote just now only to find some bombshell is suddenly dropped on the night of the meeting. Surely can't be beyond the technology provided by Cisco to have votes online.

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Big money behind them and its a good set up at their stadium with people that have worked for years in the background.

Apart from the arsehole of a manager they are a decent bunch !

I reckon their away form will be the big issue for them again this season.  Their home ground looks awful to play football at when there's any kind of wind with the park being bumpy and heavy with rubber. Big physical side that lump the ball up the park and pressure the opposition into errors.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Fantastic post.  I will be sure to get my proxy in on time for tomorrow. 

It is vital they vote. But as others have said it will be tight. IMO unless the small shareholders vote in unprecedented numbers the club are not going to get the 75% required. By my reckoning if under 50% of that slice doesn’t come in c350,000 shares then it is going to fail. We have to mass the troops and get the vote out

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon their away form will be the big issue for them again this season.  Their home ground looks awful to play football at when there's any kind of wind with the park being bumpy and heavy with rubber. Big physical side that lump the ball up the park and pressure the opposition into errors.

A bumpy plastic pitch? 

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is vital they vote. But as others have said it will be tight. IMO unless the small shareholders vote in unprecedented numbers the club are not going to get the 75% required. By my reckoning if under 50% of that slice doesn’t come in c350,000 shares then it is going to fail. We have to mass the troops and get the vote out

Agree with this, the problem is although I think most fans are in favour of the Rawlins investment the minor shareholders never tend to vote come AGM time as it normaly counts for nothing with the MSG bulldozing everything through using they’re own numbers.  In this instance that’s not the case, the small shareholders will actually make the difference here if they vote but my fear is most won’t out of either habit, apathy or ignorance as to the detail of what’s happening behind the scenes and the opportunity will be lost. Postal votes are no use now with only 24 hours or so left also. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Agree with this, the problem is although I think most fans are in favour of the Rawlins investment the minor shareholders never tend to vote come AGM time as it normaly counts for nothing with the MSG bulldozing everything through using they’re own numbers.  In this instance that’s not the case, the small shareholders will actually make the difference here if they vote but my fear is most wont out of either habit, apathy or ignorance as to the detail of what’s happening behind the scenes and the opportunity will be lost. Postal votes are no use now with only 24 hours or so left also. 

They accept them via Email.

Agree with this, the problem is although I think most fans are in favour of the Rawlins investment the minor shareholders never tend to vote come AGM time as it normaly counts for nothing with the MSG bulldozing everything through using they’re own numbers.  In this instance that’s not the case, the small shareholders will actually make the difference here if they vote but my fear is most wont out of either habit, apathy or ignorance as to the detail of what’s happening behind the scenes and the opportunity will be lost. Postal votes are no use now with only 24 hours or so left also. 

Can anyone explain the percentage splits here rather than speculate on numbers please?…

Of the small shareholding I believe they have c200,000 in already from 5 shareholders.