The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We were dreadful. Montrose must feel aggrieved at losing that.  As usual lack of energy in middle of park. G Miller was awful. We brought on 3 subs with combined age of 105 which bizarrely won us the game. We can't afford many performances like that. Important we won though, as Partick lost. Few players not up to speed fitness wise yet, Alston and Todd, with Connolly to come back should hopefully make a difference. 

Totally agree about G Miller.

Must be Gomis.

Gary Miller into the back 4 and Gomis into the midfield probably does strengthen us but I’m not sure it’ll happen.

Also, Robbie Leitch must find a way to have more influence on games. His goals against Brechin, Berwick, Raith and today suggest he has something about him but he hasn’t shown it enough/consistently. 

We used to do that at brockville . Totts long punt from kick off and straight away we were on top of them.
That worked for a wee while then became a sure fire way of losing possession within 10 seconds of the kick off. I ended up hating it.

Good to see Francis get off the mark early on and I think Miller's interview is just him trying to keep saying positive things rather than dueling on any negatives. M&M will know what went wrong in the game ie losing another goal from a set piece. Keena's scan is on Tuesday to see how bad it is so hopefully that doesn't come out too bad. Can we still sign players on loan up until the end of this month? As if Keena's injuries got him out for a few months hopefully we can sign another striker on loan so Sammon doesn't need to be involved.

Lee Miller labels that performance “first class”. Oh my f**k 

Where are you expecting though? We’ve just won the first game of the season 3-1 against a team we fairly struggled against last season and in interview with the clubs in house media team he’s hardly going to come out and slate the players is he?

We do desperately need another defender (or 2) in so we can bench Laurel & Hardy at the back and it’s extremely frustrating to concede another set piece but we won 3-1. I’ve seen virtually every outfield player, with a few exceptions, get slaughtered yet ultimately we came away with the points. We just need out of this fucking league and after the shambles me made of it last season performances mean very little to me this season as long we get the win.

Watched the match yesterday. Not going to be overly critical given it was the first league match and we got away with a 3-1 victory. It certainly was not “First Class” if anything it was a million miles from “ First Class”   Just wish managers didn’t try to kid on fans it’s something it wasn’t. 

One  small point. If we can’t get an East Stand how can’t we have the East Side neat and tidy like Montrose suitable for a few to folks to stand and view the match from

Watched the match yesterday. Not going to be overly critical given it was the first league match and we got away with a 3-1 victory. It certainly was not “First Class” if anything it was a million miles from “ First Class”   Just wish managers didn’t try to kid on fans it’s something it wasn’t. 
One  small point. If we can’t get an East Stand how can’t we have the East Side neat and tidy like Montrose suitable for a few to folks to stand and view the match from

Maybe because it’ll cost money that we don’t need to spend when we can’t accommodate supporters?…

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:
We like to think that he wouldn’t slate his players in public, but calling the game first class is simply puzzling. 

Considering Miller played in it, I wonder if Cracks would have given a more down to earth assessment.

I think that’s a bit harsh. Miller is defo still good enough to play at this level.

I think he’s maybe just being overly positive and nothing more.