The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There were people on here a month ago saying they wouldn't want us to sign Kingsley 😂

Best player on the park tonight in a very good Hearts team. He is at worst the third best left back in Scotland. I would even argue it's debatable between Kingsley and Greg Taylor.

People said he was to much of a risk 😂.

He’s twice the player Taylor is - easily.

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

This exactly, don't understand why some of our fans never seen the player in him. Got made one of Hartley's scapegoats and was wrongly put back to Hearts.

I don't know he really  was murder with us. Complete shitebag who disappeared far too often in matches.Slightly better than Moore mind you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

He started off looking like a player, and slowly but surely hid away and did the bare minimum or sometimes less, clearly wanting f**k all to do with what we were becoming.

Did I hate him for that, at the time aye. Maybe even still a wee bit now.

Do I blame him... Absolutely not. Imagine being a young laddie in that dressing room as Hartley desperately tried to cling on, becoming ever more poisonous, surrounded by utter jobbers, clearly a better footballer than almost all of them yet with absolutely no skin in the game.

He wasnt wrongly put back to Hearts. It was right for both parties.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

He started off looking like a player, and slowly but surely hid away and did the bare minimum or sometimes less, clearly wanting f**k all to do with what we were becoming.

Did I hate him for that, at the time aye. Maybe even still a wee bit now.

Do I blame him... Absolutely not. Imagine being a young laddie in that dressing room as Hartley desperately tried to cling on, becoming ever more poisonous, surrounded by utter jobbers, clearly a better footballer than almost all of them yet with absolutely no skin in the game.

He wasnt wrongly put back to Hearts. It was right for both parties.

sitting_on_the_fence_lg_wht.gif

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Was it Kingsley that had a horror show up at Ross County? Froze in the box and let them score. Or was that someone else?

Aye it was him. If I mind right he was played at CB for the first time and it was just a wee bit too much for him.

I remember him getting taken to the cleaners up at Dens Park too when Pressley paired him with Ryan Miller who played left midfield in front of him. Ryan was a forward and clearly out of his depth, giving Kingsley no cover whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye it was him. If I mind right he was played at CB for the first time and it was just a wee bit too much for him.

I remember him getting taken to the cleaners up at Dens Park too when Pressley paired him with Ryan Miller who played left midfield in front of him. Ryan was a forward and clearly out of his depth, giving Kingsley no cover whatsoever. 

Ryan Miller?

Ryan Flynn maybe?

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That was Millar's only start for Falkirk, and it only came because he played extremely well when he came on as a sub against Livvy a fortnight previously. He was subbed at halftime at Dens and was released at the end of the season. He was a youth player and never looked like making it IMO. Honestly surprised you remembered him; I had to look him up in a spreadsheet I've kept for years as he made no impression on me. 

Kingsley was always a class act. The amount of goals he created for Ally Graham and Joe McCafferty in our U19s long before anyone had heard of him was unbelievable. 

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That was Millar's only start for Falkirk, and it only came because he played extremely well when he came on as a sub against Livvy a fortnight previously. He was subbed at halftime at Dens and was released at the end of the season. He was a youth player and never looked like making it IMO. Honestly surprised you remembered him; I had to look him up in a spreadsheet I've kept for years as he made no impression on me. 

Kingsley was always a class act. The amount of goals he created for Ally Graham and Joe McCafferty in our U19s long before anyone had heard of him was unbelievable. 

I remember him purely because of that game. I felt he was hung out to dry by Pressley by playing him at such a difficult venue. 

I'd take him and den bieman as our centre half partnership tomorrow. Their defensive record was first class and may have got us promoted if it hadn't been for brockville. 10 clean sheets in 14 games.

Their debut pairing (I think) was in a 0-2 win at Airdrie, and was a textbook performance from the pair of them. Den Bieman drew a level of performance from Christie that no manager came close to.

44 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Their debut pairing (I think) was in a 0-2 win at Airdrie, and was a textbook performance from the pair of them. Den Bieman drew a level of performance from Christie that no manager came close to.

Correct. The very first game of the millennium. Christie was a loose cannon, and Den Bieman a bit of a lower league journeyman, but for the next four months they were a seriously good partnership and Falkirk barely lost a game. A very, very underrated season, and team, who would easily hold their own in the current dross masquerading as today's Premier League.