The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Found this on YouTube just now, only been up a few hours but already a rake of comments.

Watched most of his Youtube videos and on the whole they are decent. Seems to get most of his facts from wikipedia and he does a wee history of the area as well. Most of the time he gets hunted when he tries to get into stadiums so FFC have came out of this really well with the access he was given.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW: BRIAN 'BOMBER' BROWN – Falkirk Football Club

13 - 264 Appearances, 1977-1984.

With a mighty 30 goals to his name from central defence, Brian "Bomber" Brown was a meaty character and, when partnered with Alan Mackin, I wouldn't have fancied playing up front against Falkirk back then. Part of the team that dragged us out the 3rd tier and stablilised in the 2nd tier in the early 80's.

Andy Lawrie 1 vass | Willie Vass Archive

12 - 268 Appearances.

A decade spent whizzing up and down the right flank for the Bairns allowed a well deserved testimonial for Andy Lawrie. A highly creditable 28 goals too, from 1997 to 2006. I was glad he got a season in the SPL before the whole team was remodelled.

11 - 10 - 274 Appearances

There's so much you could say about these 2 guys. One homegrown, thrown in at the deep end who exhibited great skill and toughness for us, scoring 38 times, and deserved to go higher in the game than his current status. The other, Cup winning hero from 1957 who just happens to also be our top post war goal scorer (107).

Craig Sibbald

Falkirk midfielder Craig Sibbald on his William Hill Scottish Cup highs and  lows. | Scottish Cup | News

and Doug Moran.

I was there in '˜57 | Falkirk Herald

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I believe it's Ewan_Fife that gets the point for this one, who wants the point for the left back that's in on trial though?

On 07/10/2020 at 16:32, ewan_fife said:

Peter Morrison signing from Motherwell on loan

Indeed it was, previous post edited 🤝

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd rather have someone who can play right back and centre back, we are pretty well covered at left back with Snedden and Dixon. If Mercer gets injured it probably means pulling Miller out midfield where he's most effective. 

We have 3 players with experience in Mercer,Miller and Durnan for right back and only Mercer and Dixon for left back. I don't think any of us can predict if Snedden will be challenging for first team, hopefully he is tho.

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Ok then ! who is M&Ms pal at Motherwell. To be fair to the club they have been very helpful and am sure goodwill is banked by Falkirk to return some day.

Lee Miller was a youth coach there before he took over at Falkirk

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Lee Miller was a youth coach there before he took over at Falkirk

His kids are in our Academy as well. Before he took the manager gig with you guys it looked like he was at Fir Park/Braidhurst more often than he was at Livi going by his IG.

It took me a while to join the dots as he seemed to be connected with our entire squad. 

Edited by capt_oats

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

His kids are in our Academy as well. Before he took the manager gig with you guys IG it looked like he was at Fir Park/Braidhurst more often than he was at Livi going by his IG.

It took me a while to join the dots as he seemed to be connected with our entire squad. 

Thanks ! did not know that.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Sure someone has posted it’s been 13 years since we’ve won our opening league game. Yes it’s our first league game, really hoping that the team makes a statement tomorrow that we are serious about winning this bloody league. Twenty seven games which should be twenty seven blood sweat and tears on every player’s jersey.

Every team we play will concentrate on Durnan and Hall. Style of play must be set up accordingly to protect them. If we are being attacked push them wide. Avoid free kicks in last 1/3rd of the park and dont get caught on the break as with Clyde's goal.

33 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Spot on, the new CB doesn’t seem to be happening, so it’s going with the pair into the first few games. Watched the highlights of the Clyde game, wish I hadn’t,  they looked even worse!

It’s worrying we haven’t signed a centre half/left back already. They’ve had months since they punted Buchanan to resolve this position so I would hate to see what target number we’ve moved onto now. A key position that will ultimately cost us the title if it isn’t addressed.

Edited by wee_bairn

10 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

It’s worrying we haven’t signed a centre half/left back already. They’ve had months since they punted Buchanan to resolve this position so I would hate to see what target number we’ve moved onto now. A key position that will cost us the title if it isn’t addressed.

Spent far too long fauning over kingsley