The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Looks like Keena could be out for a while 

There's been nothing other than a shoddy article online that said it was a "bad one" we all seen at the time it looked like a bad one so really we've not had an update on it. Same article said there was an 'update' on the centre back situation and it was simply Miller saying we're still looking.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's been nothing other than a shoddy article online that said it was a "bad one" we all seen at the time it looked like a bad one so really we've not had an update on it. Same article said there was an 'update' on the centre back situation and it was simply Miller saying we're still looking.

For me, the fact Miller said he’ll be a big miss for us suggests he could be out a while but you can take from it what you want 👍🏻

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Looks like Keena could be out for a while 

The way he lay on the ground for several minutes, and limped off assisted, had all the hallmarks of a torn ACL. Apologies for speculation and best wishes to Keena.

If so though, he would be out for the season but I’d be very happy to be told otherwise. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

If he is I'd be tempted to bring a loan, as much as Dowds and Francis have did ok, neither of them look like they are natural finishers whereas Keena does. 

Agreed. I’d have bet Keena being one of the top scorers in the division, I’m not sure Dowds and Francis have the same level of goals in them. If he is out for any length of time he’ll be a huge loss. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Agreed. I’d have bet Keena being one of the top scorers in the division, I’m not sure Dowds and Francis have the same level of goals in them. If he is out for any length of time he’ll be a huge loss. 

I can't see us being the same threat without him tbh, time will tell, it's not like we have a ready made replacement waiting in the wings, and the thought of Sammon starting gives you the fear. 

13 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Not got a name but only he is English and a tall left back.

Hopefully he signs tomorrow then so we can play him on Saturday, if it's who my google searches have came to the conclusion of looks like he can play centre back as well.

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully he signs tomorrow then so we can play him on Saturday, if it's who my google searches have came to the conclusion of looks like he can play centre back as well.

As long as he is better than what Dallison was and Durnan is then i wont complain.

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Comments like this are completely ridiculous.
I remember a few years ago when Mourinho was a god at Chelsea and Clarke was assistant manger how the football fraternity were highlighting that much of Mourinho’s success was down to Clarke.
He’s since taken an ordinary Kilmarnock team and built them to European qualification material and we are now seeing a Scotland team that were getting humped a year ago unbeaten in 8 matches for the first time in 32 years.
Sometimes I wonder if certain posters have a clue at all...

Oh well that's me telt if the football fraternity are highlighting it LOL! . 

Back to facts ....those 8 unbeaten games you talk about sounds impressive until you realize it includes 2 draws at home with Israel, a narrow win over a Czech C team who pissed all over us, San Marino , Borat and Cyprus. Whilst playing the dullest football imaginable & carrying a lot of luck .Yeah brilliant. 

PS - he was the manager when we were getting humped a year ago.

Well believe it or not just watched Pars v Falkirk on delayed transmission here in Australia - Bein Sports 2.

First time I'd seen a full game of ours this year, it quite a shock as we now look like a lumbering League One team. Won't dwell on that as it was our first game in about 6 months - fitness & sharpness will improve. However the two in central defence were really poor, thank God it was just O'Hara in there not taking advantage.

Focusing on the positives - Mutch is really great and Morrison looks an excellent signing , he will do well for us.  Keena must improve on his performance and hopefully will, he's better than that (surely, isn't he?) . 

That's about it other than to say I feel asleep when Sammon came on and so did he.

As poor a performance against Dunfermline as I have ever seen.

I am in Australia just now too, what is beinsport on?

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd rather have someone who can play right back and centre back, we are pretty well covered at left back with Snedden and Dixon. If Mercer gets injured it probably means pulling Miller out midfield where he's most effective.