The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m sorry but Durnan is 27 years old with almost 250 professional appearances. I can’t accept that he might be ok if someone “talks him through the game” and he kicks the ball away.

He lost his man for the goal last night (again) and was laughably bad in possession. If he needs to be told how to defend and can’t pass 10 yards then he’s simply not good enough. 

Reminds me of Peter Dunne that Shire duffer they managed to offload to us for money.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would play Dixon at CH and get a LB in

ticks all my boxes, experienced, decent talker and has more pace than the current two. I had actually hoped he wouldve been centre half last season.

I think it would be easier getting in a better left back for league one than a centre half. 

We dont really know much about Hall other than 6 games last season but Durnan when cutting out the shite was decent enough at times last season and dare I say was even MOM on a few occasions.

It seems an age since we had a decent centre half pairing, we seem to have been fuking about with pairings since McCracken left and even during his last season.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah I'm not sure sneddon is anywhere near ready for the first team.

He came on as a sub in every friendly and did well IMO. He was aggressive (booked against the Shire), keen to get forward and I don't think made any mistakes which cost us a goal. 

I've no idea how he would fare as a starter in the league but he definitely has promise. I certainly wouldn't be averse to see him getting more game time. 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The Walter Smith like tactics seem to be working. Everybody behind the ball and hope we take the few chances we create.

It reminds me of Grangemouth summer league from back in the day. Big defender shells it up to tall striker and the midfield all charge up the park after the ball hoping for a knockdown.

Tbf to Clarke though, although it’s awful to watch his run of results is impressive.

It reminds me of Grangemouth summer league from back in the day. Big defender shells it up to tall striker and the midfield all charge up the park after the ball hoping for a knockdown.
Tbf to Clarke though, although it’s awful to watch his run of results is impressive.

I actually thought Scotland played some decent stuff at times tonight against a very good side....

Don't think we have the quality to do anything else. At least we can shut up shop a bit better. That's the part I feel the Bairns will need to work on. Come on who is the mystery defender we have on trial ? Somebody let us know. Phone Lex ?

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He's turning Scotland into Kilmarnock, it can be effective but my God it's terrible to watch. I think Scotland have good enough players not to be playing in this backs to the wall style.  

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Recognition that his legs are going.

Left/right back is no longer an older man's game, you are expected to attack opposite touchline and defend back your own at the same time. 

Dixon started awful last season, M&M came in and he did much better than I expected as a wing back at first and continued at left back.

We await and see what M&M get in