The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ve seen quite a number of people saying that if we sign another CB they would have Durnan in the team ahead of Hall. Can I ask what that is based on? I’m not saying Hall is any kind of world beater but Durnan...f**k me he’s awful

Hall's very easily bitched whereas at least Durnan wins his aerial battles. I don't really think eithers much better than the other. Hall was at fault for both the Dunfermline goals as both times Euan Murray was too much for him to handle.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Apart from the maybe at the Clyde goal I think Durnan was alright.

He tried playing out from the back twice and overran it both times, despite being caught out a few times before trying to do the same thing. We were lucky to get away with that.

We definitely need at least one CD in ASAP.

Durnan seems to take half a season to get going as we saw last year. I think he'd be ok.with an ivo den b type beside him but halls just as lost at the back as he is. I like miller in the middle of the park as he tends to be more comfortable sitting in front of the back 4 compared to gomis who tends to knock his pan in trying to cover the whole park.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Doyle was possibly better, simply because he's much faster.

His end product at the attacking end was poor, according to some QoS fans he was a better centre half.

I'd guess M&M want Mercer to defend more and let Morrison be the main wing attack.

All very much early days but a big worry is our injury table and I'd hoped for a bit more promise tonight

Can only hope Keena isn't out for long if he is we are humped. Only forward that looks like he wants to score goals, Dowds looks as if he's still trying to figure out what he wants to do, big lad, strong runner but the amount of crosses that came in he should have been attacking them, he was nowhere near any, should have scored near the end with his chance. Francis looks more a creator than scorer but looks like he has a bit about him. The fact Sammon got put on midfield to try n shore things up and was just as gash at that tells its own story. A bitty performance with some plus points, Morrison looks decent and Leitch had a not bad game, thought Gomis mom, Todd looks slow at pretty much everything regardless of his lack of pace, Mercer I hope improves he looks very ordinary, and Durnan and Hall give you the fear just a disaster waiting to happen as was proved by Goodwillie's goal. 

47 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Thought Morrison gave us all sorts of problems last night, looked far better than anything you had last season. 

He's a delight to watch and it looks as if M&M are going to give him free reign to roam about the park looking for the ball which can only benefit us. Think that's the first game against you lot we've dominated the centre of the park which is no coincidence seen as Ray Grants gone. 

I'll take the result but wasnt pretty.

Clyde's tactics, which were spot on, seemed to be have two of their players round ours every time we got the ball, putting pressure on.   In most cases we played the easy pass and it either got knocked about or we lost possesion.  Obviously we're not good at spraying the ball about but I did think that if we could just get into a bit of space we couldve exploited that tactic more.

I dont have a lot of faith in the centre backs. We need someone commanding back there and having two centre backs who don't seem to want to take control is worrying and I fear Zak Rudden will rip them a new one.  A backobone of any good side is wehn you have faith in a ball coming into the box that your central defender will deal with it, but everytime that happened last night I had the fear...which doesnt bode well.

Initially with Francis I ws a bit wary but as the game progressed he looks promising. Great to see a Falkirk player take on a defender, havent seen that much lately.

Also wouldve been amazing if Blairs free kick had gone in.   I agree with the Gomis posts, he was great.

I'd usually agree with Gomis fading but thought he was everywhere last night. There was one in particular at around 85 mins where ball was played from edge of CLyde box into midfield by a Clyde player - Gomis read it, quickly moved in with a lovely wee fake and set up a great chance for Dowds which he should've buried

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I'd usually agree with Gomis fading but thought he was everywhere last night. There was one in particular at around 85 mins where ball was played from edge of CLyde box into midfield by a Clyde player - Gomis read it, quickly moved in with a lovely wee fake and set up a great chance for Dowds which he should've buried

I agree with that.

Didnt notice the usual fade out.