The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There was a song the Falkirk Fans sang at Rangers fans in the late 60's to the tune of the sash. Though it was hilarious made even better by the fury from the Rangers Fans when they heard it. Don't know who composed it as it started with about 10 guys and spread from there. Whoever it was he was a genius.

(tune the sash)

Now Scotland has not got a King and she has not got a Queen.

And you cannot have a second Liz when a first there's never been.

Now her sister Meg's got a bonny pair of legs. But she did not want a German or a Greek.

Peter Townsend was her choice. But he did not suit the boys, so they sent him up the creek.

Now here's to the lion. The Rampant Lion and the Lang Street tae the hall.

With a Hampden roar and its oot the door tata tae Charlies maw.

The Rangers fans going mental was just brilliant !

Not making a point regarding pro / anti royalty, unionism / independence. So lets avoid any arguments from that direction.

What's the guitarist from the who got to do with the queen?

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Nobody gets FTV "for free" but an overseas subscription with VPN would mean no PPV cash to the opponents.  I've no idea whether overseas subscribers can watch these games with their current subscription but assume if they can then the same would apply to league away games where viewing via an overseas subscription would remove the need to fund our opponents via PPV.  Presumably for league games the whole PPV fee goes to the home team? 

As your motivation seems to be to get maximum funds to FFC, I unreservedly apologise for castigating you.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There was a song the Falkirk Fans sang at Rangers fans in the late 60's to the tune of the sash. Though it was hilarious made even better by the fury from the Rangers Fans when they heard it. Don't know who composed it as it started with about 10 guys and spread from there. Whoever it was he was a genius.

(tune the sash)

Now Scotland has not got a King and she has not got a Queen.

And you cannot have a second Liz when a first there's never been.

Now her sister Meg's got a bonny pair of legs. But she did not want a German or a Greek.

Peter Townsend was her choice. But he did not suit the boys, so they sent him up the creek.

Now here's to the lion. The Rampant Lion and the Lang Street tae the hall.

With a Hampden roar and its oot the door tata tae Charlies maw.

The Rangers fans going mental was just brilliant !

Not making a point regarding pro / anti royalty, unionism / independence. So lets avoid any arguments from that direction.

That's a Scottish folk song from the by Alex Campbell called Scottish Breakaway 

9 hours ago, Bairney Rubble said:
13 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
One of the best commentators I have ever heard at Falkirk games was in the Brockville Stand in the early to mid 80's.
Guy came in every home game with a couple of blind people and sit a couple of rows behind me and commentate on the game for them.
Described the crowds, weather line ups and pre match build up etc. His match commentary would knock the socks of anything you would hear on the radio and TV.
His command of language, tone of voice was so impressive.
Never talked to the guy but know all those around him held him in high esteem.
Enough said !
Anybody else remember him ?

Yes. Think his name was Jim waddell. The blind man who was there every week was John Stewart and was a great character who genuinely knew more of what was going on than most of the crowd. I remember times BBC kicked them out of their seats and the commentary was never half as good.

His name was Alec Waddell , known to as uncle Alec,  he would get us in for free back in the mid 70s 

This season has obviously changed how Falkirk tv works, was ok for overseas fans to watch games live but as everyone has to use Falkirk tv at the moment then they'll have to pay the same as season ticket holders, anyone know for sure if this is the case? And does anyone know if Falkirk tv are covering Montrose game for overseas fans or would Montrose tv be the only way?

I have been an overseas subscriber to FTV for  nearly 10 years but I didn't renew in March when it was up. 

Now they wouldn't let me subscribe again sayin it was closed to new subscribers and I had to buy a season ticket to get access to FTV.

Now they are saying if the stadium opens up to fans again they plan blocking access to watch online for virtual season tickets.

12 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I have been an overseas subscriber to FTV for  nearly 10 years but I didn't renew in March when it was up. 

Now they wouldn't let me subscribe again sayin it was closed to new subscribers and I had to buy a season ticket to get access to FTV.

Now they are saying if the stadium opens up to fans again they plan blocking access to watch online for virtual season tickets.

If fans were allowed back in in numbers that meant live streams of games were no longer allowed then you’d just have to email falkirk tv support. They’d understand your problem and let you buy the overseas subscription, allowing you to watch 

You could, in that scenario, flog your season ticket to someone on here? If you set the price decent for however many games were left on it I am sure someone would take you up.

From the Falkirk TV website :

Falkirk v Clyde – Pay-Per-View

Pay-Per-View tickets available to purchase priced at only £10.

Please note due to SPFL regulations this match is included for overseas subscribers but is not included with season tickets.

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This season has obviously changed how Falkirk tv works, was ok for overseas fans to watch games live but as everyone has to use Falkirk tv at the moment then they'll have to pay the same as season ticket holders, anyone know for sure if this is the case? And does anyone know if Falkirk tv are covering Montrose game for overseas fans or would Montrose tv be the only way?

They can continue their overseas subscription although the price has gone up to £150 now.  That gives you all home games but not sure whether that gives you away too.  They've obviously stopped new subscriptions to prevent people using a Vpn this season to get access.

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I can see why they are stopping new subscriptions as they will be trying to prevent people using vpn's to access games.  You would think though that if you contacted them and could prove you lived abroad they would let individual cases subscribe.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can see why they are stopping new subscriptions as they will be trying to prevent people using vpn's to access games.  You would think though that if you contacted them and could prove you lived abroad they would let individual cases subscribe.

If it's £150 for overseas access and a south stand season is £170 I can't see falkirk losing that much to the odd fan who'd use a VPN, I have a friend in brazil who couldn't subscribe to ffc tv, which isn't fair on genuine overseas fans. (I did tell him to contact the club by email and they'd sort him out)