The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Less costs I presume.  As long as all the clubs are providing that service it makes sense.  I'd expect the commentary on games will have  to be a lot more neutral though than it has been in the past.

One of the best commentators I have ever heard at Falkirk games was in the Brockville Stand in the early to mid 80's.

Guy came in every home game with a couple of blind people and sit a couple of rows behind me and commentate on the game for them.

Described the crowds, weather line ups and pre match build up etc. His match commentary would knock the socks of anything you would hear on the radio and TV.

His command of language, tone of voice was so impressive.

Never talked to the guy but know all those around him held him in high esteem.

Enough said !

Anybody else remember him ?

36 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Notice folk are already moaning on Facebook page about paying for the clyde game even though we haven't got into a cup game for free on season tickets for years. Things are tight for the club at the moment so if fans can they should help the club by paying for Falkirk tv, I know some people are struggling as well so share a stream, split the price with a mate or two. 

I think people would be fine about this if they made it a bit clearer on.falkirk TV.  A statement saying after corresponding with Clyde it has been agreed that a fee of £10 will be charged for online viewing of tuesday nights league cup match would be useful. This makes it clearer that we have to charge as some of the cash goes to Clyde.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

One of the best commentators I have ever heard at Falkirk games was in the Brockville Stand in the early to mid 80's.

Guy came in every home game with a couple of blind people and sit a couple of rows behind me and commentate on the game for them.

Described the crowds, weather line ups and pre match build up etc. His match commentary would knock the socks of anything you would hear on the radio and TV.

Enough said !

Aye, I remember that. Couldn't hear him though as I was on the terracing but I remember him describing the action to the blind man beside him.

I think people would be fine about this if they made it a bit clearer on.falkirk TV.  A statement saying after corresponding with Clyde it has been agreed that a fee of £10 will be charged for online viewing of tuesday nights league cup match would be useful. This makes it clearer that we have to charge as some of the cash goes to Clyde.
Not sure if it's badly worded or a typo but this message from the club suggests that all ppv income from the match will go to Clyde. Screenshot_20201012_132033_com.facebook.katana.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

@Skyline Drifter can you clarify this at all?

Just appallingly worded. Nothing's changed with cup games. Home team keeps 1st 15% for expenses and then it's split 50/50, so effectively home team gets 57.5% after VAT and the away team 42.5%.

Unless the clubs have agreed something different, if the home team chooses to let season ticket holders view a cup tie for no charge then they need to account to the away team for an entry charge for that.

23 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A long story involving a lie or ten.....but we all have to take people as we find them I suppose. RW would certainly rank pretty low in my league table of trustworthy people.

Totally agree we should take people as we find them but Ross IMO is as honest as they come. Extremely ambitious for sure but like you I’ve known him since he was a kid and he’s yet to give me any reason to doubt him. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can the Falkirk TV PPV be circumvented with a VPN? 

Not sure how a VPN would help. Would depend on whether overseas viewers get this game for nothing and if so do any of their subs go to the away team? If it's yes and no then I suppose you could use a VPN to buy the 150quid overseas subscription and that would mean all your cash going to Falkirk and hee haw to the away side for cup games and away league fixtures.

37 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Totally agree we should take people as we find them but Ross IMO is as honest as they come. Extremely ambitious for sure but like you I’ve known him since he was a kid and he’s yet to give me any reason to doubt him. 

Think perhaps a few folk are a bit disappointed that we don't seem to have got anything out of him being in his positions at top level football clubs. That of course could've completely down to the fact that noone has ever approached him. Who knows.

Enough said !
Yes. Think his name was Jim waddell. The blind man who was there every week was John Stewart and was a great character who genuinely knew more of what was going on than most of the crowd. I remember times BBC kicked them out of their seats and the commentary was never half as good.

Probably dont need to ask this as I'm sure its just some daft c*nt trying to get a bite.... I've been an exiled Bairn for a while now, but noticed a post on the Premier Laague forum under the 'yer da'..thread.  Mentioned Falkirk fans singing "We are the People".

I distinctly remember my best mate who is still a season ticket holder telling me Falkirk fans were singing "We are the Steeple" to try and wind the Gers fans up......I thought it was funny at the time....I'm sure this was the case? Surely there were no Falkirk fans singing 'We are the People'?  Again, I appreciate I shouldnt have to ask.  But I'm going to anyway!

About a year ago I went out for a beer with a Scottish guy I work with. He's a big Celtic fan although hes been living  in England since 1978.   When i told him i was a Falkirk fan he gave me the whole "**** without the bus fair" patter.   I have known some older Falkirk fans who were affiliated with Rangers - a mate of my dads was in the Orange Lodge but a Falkirk season ticket holder for years. 

But when I was growing up and supporting Falkirk the guys I went to the games with, and on the Elliots Bus, and the lads in the choir, were total anti-Old Firm from what i remember. I'm sure I recall a Union Jack Falkirk flag appeared in the Hope Street End once match and it got booed until it was taken down. Of course theres an argument about the Union Jack and what it represents but thats not the point here....  But just interested if these claims have ANY truth or if it is just some tw*t trying to get a reaction...

9 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Probably dont need to ask this as I'm sure its just some daft c*nt trying to get a bite.... I've been an exiled Bairn for a while now, but noticed a post on the Premier Laague forum under the 'yer da'..thread.  Mentioned Falkirk fans singing "We are the People".

I distinctly remember my best mate who is still a season ticket holder telling me Falkirk fans were singing "We are the Steeple" to try and wind the Gers fans up......I thought it was funny at the time....I'm sure this was the case? Surely there were no Falkirk fans singing 'We are the People'?  Again, I appreciate I shouldnt have to ask.  But I'm going to anyway!

About a year ago I went out for a beer with a Scottish guy I work with. He's a big Celtic fan although hes been living  in England since 1978.   When i told him i was a Falkirk fan he gave me the whole "**** without the bus fair" patter.   I have known some older Falkirk fans who were affiliated with Rangers - a mate of my dads was in the Orange Lodge but a Falkirk season ticket holder for years. 

But when I was growing up and supporting Falkirk the guys I went to the games with, and on the Elliots Bus, and the lads in the choir, were total anti-Old Firm from what i remember. I'm sure I recall a Union Jack Falkirk flag appeared in the Hope Street End once match and it got booed until it was taken down. Of course theres an argument about the Union Jack and what it represents but thats not the point here....  But just interested if these claims have ANY truth or if it is just some tw*t trying to get a reaction...

Yes it was definitely we are the steeple.

41 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

We are the Steeple and designed entirely to wind up both of the arse cheeks. Laddies used to sing it while holding their hands up in a steeple formation above their heads.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure how a VPN would help. Would depend on whether overseas viewers get this game for nothing and if so do any of their subs go to the away team? If it's yes and no then I suppose you could use a VPN to buy the 150quid overseas subscription and that would mean all your cash going to Falkirk and hee haw to the away side for cup games and away league fixtures.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Nobody gets FTV "for free" but an overseas subscription with VPN would mean no PPV cash to the opponents.  I've no idea whether overseas subscribers can watch these games with their current subscription but assume if they can then the same would apply to league away games where viewing via an overseas subscription would remove the need to fund our opponents via PPV.  Presumably for league games the whole PPV fee goes to the home team? 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

We are the Steeple and designed entirely to wind up both of the arse cheeks. Laddies used to sing it while holding their hands up in a steeple formation above their heads.

There was a song the Falkirk Fans sang at Rangers fans in the late 60's to the tune of the sash. Though it was hilarious made even better by the fury from the Rangers Fans when they heard it. Don't know who composed it as it started with about 10 guys and spread from there. Whoever it was he was a genius.

(tune the sash)

Now Scotland has not got a King and she has not got a Queen.

And you cannot have a second Liz when a first there's never been.

Now her sister Meg's got a bonny pair of legs. But she did not want a German or a Greek.

Peter Townsend was her choice. But he did not suit the boys, so they sent him up the creek.

Now here's to the lion. The Rampant Lion and the Lang Street tae the hall.

With a Hampden roar and its oot the door tata tae Charlies maw.

The Rangers fans going mental was just brilliant !

Not making a point regarding pro / anti royalty, unionism / independence. So lets avoid any arguments from that direction.