The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not really true that there's no fixture dates for it to be rearranged. Falkirk and Killie both have every single midweek between now and November free. However, the competition rules were very clear that this is what would happen, so I don't have any issue with it.

There were the rules and no wriggle room for either club. I believe Kilmarnock & Falkirk would have been up for a re arranged fixture. They are in the entertainment business FFS so both clubs would have liked it played so the fans can get at least something to keep them motivated. It's another example of the un thinking stupidity of the people running the game that come up with these regulations.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is there an investigation underway to find out what happened at Killie so other clubs can avoid a similar scenario ?

Yes, the SPFL have been in touch to check we have been following all the guidelines. There are outbreaks like this at clubs across the world though, so I'm not sure it's going to be completely avoidable even if you do everything right.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, the SPFL have been in touch to check we have been following all the guidelines. There are outbreaks like this at clubs across the world though, so I'm not sure it's going to be completely avoidable even if you do everything right.

Agreed - following guidelines will reduce the risk not completely eliminate it.

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There were the rules and no wriggle room for either club. I believe Kilmarnock & Falkirk would have been up for a re arranged fixture. They are in the entertainment business FFS so both clubs would have liked it played so the fans can get at least something to keep them motivated. It's another example of the un thinking stupidity of the people running the game that come up with these regulations.

It's not really that stupid though. What happens if there's an outbreak and 3 or 4 teams can't play any of  their fixtures in a group and then further down the line one of those teams has another outbreak and needs to fit in league matches in midweek dates or you again can't fulfill this fixture. It's only common sense when it comes to the league cup or you could have utter chaos on your hands.  As many as possible midweeks need to be left free to allow for outbreaks during the league campaign. At least the rules were set out before the tournament began so that it was clear what would happen.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Just read some of that Twitter thread. The amount of stupid people in the world is depressing. 

It's incredible how even a Falkirk v Killie games gets turned into a bigot bros debate.   Celtic didn't lose 3 PTS or you cheated with your cbts for years. Absolute cretins.

And they've all got the vote.

Clever people like what we is on P&B can examine the intricacies of party manifestos and weigh competing claims in the balance before entering the ballot box and choosing the wisest leaders for the country.

These cnuts struggle to put their socks on but get the same vote. 

Miller added that he is hoping to finally get a deal for a goalkeeepr over the line this week and have them in place for Friday’s match saying they are “crossing the Ts and dotting the Is” on the deal.

Looks like that's the goalie sorted. Just the Kingsley waiting game.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not really that stupid though. What happens if there's an outbreak and 3 or 4 teams can't play any of  their fixtures in a group and then further down the line one of those teams has another outbreak and needs to fit in league matches in midweek dates or you again can't fulfill this fixture. It's only common sense when it comes to the league cup or you could have utter chaos on your hands.  As many as possible midweeks need to be left free to allow for outbreaks during the league campaign. At least the rules were set out before the tournament began so that it was clear what would happen.

Fair point Shadwell but building in a bit of flexibility into the regulations would have been a win win for all concerned. The clubs, the fans, the players and football in general.

The players must be pig sick having built themselves up for a competitive game in god knows how long only to lose it at the mast minute.

Result is one fixture out of an already shortened season lost.

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Fair point Shadwell but building in a bit of flexibility into the regulations would have been a win win for all concerned. The clubs, the fans, the players and football in general.

The players must be pig sick having built themselves up for a competitive game in god knows how long only to lose it at the mast minute.

Result is one fixture out of an already shortened season lost.

We'd all have preferred to see the game played but if you start being flexible it lets itself open to one rule for one and another for others. I mean imagine the game was rearranged  and days before the rearranged game we have an outbreak. What happens then? Is it fair for us to lose the 3 points then having had to move the fixture due to Kilmarnock s issue in the first place.? The best way is to just say if you can't play unfortunately you lose the 3 points and that's it.  Everyone knows what happens no matter who it is. Killie could still have possibly played there young boys but chose to forfeit the tie instead let's not forget. We'll.not have that choice if we're stricken at some point.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not ITK or anywhere near it but I’d be surprised if Kingsley doesn’t sign for Hearts.

According to one site that claims to know player's salaries, Kingsley made just shy of £400k last season. Can't see why he would come here as we'd probably struggle to pay him a tenth of that.

The same site also says that Jonny Mitchell made over £2k per week, so I do accept that they may just be making shit up.

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

According to one site that claims to know player's salaries, Kingsley made just shy of £400k last season. Can't see why he would come here as we'd probably struggle to pay him a tenth of that.

The same site also says that Jonny Mitchell made over £2k per week, so I do accept that they may just be making shit up.

If and it's a big if Kingsley signs it won't be for the money. It's proving to the market he is injury free and try and get his career back on track. If fit he would be a class act and be the best player in the league by a mile ( 2020 version of George Miller comes to mind ) and that's why I think he will get a gig at a higher level.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Sorry lads.

Let's hope all that Alan Gow talk about having contacts pays off, as this late in the day I don't imagine there are many half decent free agents floating about so the defenders going to have to be a loan.